Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:55 PM

33 posts, read 106,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaramouchebluez View Post
Are you all the same people, I swaer I saw like 3 other post by dark skinned black women quesitoning/complaining about there sexual lives. This is strange because I don't see indian/chinese/ latin/ philipinas or any other women doing this. Maybe your problem.

I think zoisite is right. If you are all obsessed about your dark skinnedness and probably missing opportunities around you.

I also agree with tokidd, I have yet to see any of the black or white posters here who are male write about a specific distaste for dark skinn black women. So it seems you are the biggest perpetuator of your own problem.
May I suggest anyone interested in the plight of Dark Skin Women watch the newly release Documentary exploring the deep-seated biases and attitudes about skin color particularly dark skinned women, outside of and within the Black American culture. The Official Dark Girls Movie Website
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 09:13 PM
WMF

20 posts, read 39,526 times
QUOTE=Zoisite;29218016]Hi. I thought your question was a curious one so I did a quick review of your other 204 posts on CD. I discovered that in nearly all of your posts you are indicating how angry and depressed you are because you have very dark skin, that you compare yourself with people of lighter color, that you equate beauty and social status with light color and that you've been bleaching your skin since you were a teenager and are still not happy with the results.

It reminded me of young girls and women who have anorexia disorder and will never be happy with their weight no matter how much weight they lose and how skinny and skeletal they are.

True beauty is only skin deep and that beauty is the beauty that lies under the skin, not on the surface. Under the circumstances of you being obsessed with the darkness of your skin which you cannot change to a lighter color and you not being able to get beyond color I think that no matter what town you are in you will have difficulties getting involved in a meaningful relationship. There are many women who are as ugly as sin but are still in good relationships because they aren't obsessed with surface appearances and they allow the beauty within themselves to shine out and light up their lives. I think most men want women who are happy, confident and accepting of themselves the way they are naturally and that you need to focus on whatever beauty you have within yourself instead of focusing on your surface appearance.

.[/quote]

Of course everything you are saying here is true. I also hear many black men and women saying the same thing but its so frustrating because it seems that a lot of black people perpetuate the attitude of light skin as being better. I've had the opportunity to take part in many black social events/family dinners and I keep hearing these inferences that light is best ie a baby's born and the grandmother states with glee "oh he's really bright" I never hear them talk about how nice and dark someone's skin is? Isn't that kind of being their own worst enemy? IDK maybe it's just coincidence or differences in class or something and I haven't met the type/class that (among themselves and not for the ears of white people) give props to the really dark skinned??

Old 06-21-2013, 09:20 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
I'm darkskin Black woman and not mixed looking at all. I heard that in Toronto there are a lot of beautiful biracial looking black women. Will I stand a chance finding a man out here?
Not all the woman you are talking about are "bi-racial" some are pure black and strikingly beautiful...just like anywhere else,. If you come to Toronto - just avoid the east and west ends of the city...if you are black avoid the ghettos...the cool black and white men mix it up in the better hoods...You will be fine...just blend in and carry yourself with class. Fashion is a great part of it...Woman who get noticed dress originally and they are bold ladies.... If you are "dark skinned" It is not a negative thing....don't think about TONE....

Old 02-16-2014, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,435 times
Default hello

I have found a man yet?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Huh? lol

Old 02-16-2014, 10:53 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotee View Post
I have found a man yet?
You have or haven't found a man yet? Either way, you forgot to log in as Purple Rage....wrong alias

Old 02-20-2014, 12:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
The OP was a stupid troll post, but I do want to mention that once I met a very, very beautiful dark-skinned black woman (born in England, raised in Toronto) in Toronto who remarked that she hated her skin color.

I was absolutely floored that there are real people who think this way.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:47 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
I'm darkskin Black woman and not mixed looking at all. I heard that in Toronto there are a lot of beautiful biracial looking black women. Will I stand a chance finding a man out here?
That's up to you. If you consider your dark skin a limitation, then I don't think your chances are favorable.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:41 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The OP was a stupid troll post, but I do want to mention that once I met a very, very beautiful dark-skinned black woman (born in England, raised in Toronto) in Toronto who remarked that she hated her skin color.

I was absolutely floored that there are real people who think this way.
I don't think it was a troll post. With people of color (aka anyone who isn't white) lighter skin is valued. It's with Indian, Hispanic, blacks/Africans, etc.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:21 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I don't think it was a troll post. With people of color (aka anyone who isn't white) lighter skin is valued. It's with Indian, Hispanic, blacks/Africans, etc.
You don't know the posting history of this person. He/she/it has been spouting inane racial nonsense under about 10 different screen names. Nyanna is one of the most common incarnations.....and not all of us fall into that supremacist trap of valuing light skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto