Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 10:29 PM

437 posts, read 547,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser99 View Post
Man exactly! American women get approached by guys all the time in random places, and for the most part like it. It gives them a chance to meet a man in a spontaneous way and they are open to it. It's funny, Toronto women act like they are getting hounded by guys, and they aren't, lol. If Toronto women are being hounded by guys, then American women must be getting sexually assaulted, haha.

And i'm not bagging on Canada, it's just Toronto. I've been to other Canadian cities and met girls in Toronto that were from other cities that had not been in the city too long and they were cool as hell. And i'm like wait a minute, how are these girls so social that are from other places. But the girls in and from Toronto are completely opposite? Just makes ya go hmmmm
Yeah even in american malls i see dudes trying to talk to every girl they see and American women still do a lot more things on their own that they think are gonna please men. You see it all the time. You don't get much of that in Toronto unless it's a girl whose family hasn't been over here that long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 11:25 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
Yeah even in american malls i see dudes trying to talk to every girl they see and American women still do a lot more things on their own that they think are gonna please men. You see it all the time. You don't get much of that in Toronto unless it's a girl whose family hasn't been over here that long.
So basically what you're saying Is that women in Toronto (or those born and bred or who have been here generationally) are a lot less apt to please men? That women in Toronto are less apt to be some random dude's plaything at the mall or club or insertsocialplacehere? I mean god forbid she is a self respecting girl who is intent on bettering herself and focussed on a career or schooling. Maybe she is holding off until she is established and then she will look for a partner.. Wow how dare she do that..

Old 04-13-2014, 12:19 AM

437 posts, read 547,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
So basically what you're saying Is that women in Toronto (or those born and bred or who have been here generationally) are a lot less apt to please men? That women in Toronto are less apt to be some random dude's plaything at the mall or club or insertsocialplacehere? I mean god forbid she is a self respecting girl who is intent on bettering herself and focussed on a career or schooling. Maybe she is holding off until she is established and then she will look for a partner.. Wow how dare she do that..
If I had a daughter I'd probably want her to be raised in a place like Toronto where dudes are afraid to approach woman and woman have the "Self respect" to not want to talk to dudes at all but it's pretty boring for the men living in Toronto that have to deal with this. And yeah women are obviously more educated in Toronto than a typical U.S place, but with that comes less fun for both.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:47 AM

909 posts, read 1,153,566 times
Quote:
If I had a daughter I'd probably want her to be raised in a place like Toronto where dudes are afraid to approach woman and woman have the "Self respect" to not want to talk to dudes at all but it's pretty boring for the men living in Toronto that have to deal with this. And yeah women are obviously more educated in Toronto than a typical U.S place, but with that comes less fun for both.
Well it's pretty hypocritical and shallow to say you would put your daughter in a place like Toronto even though you yourself wants to have "fun" in those ways. Just let women be who they want to be. If anything that makes Toronto an even more desirable place to live that it has women who have self-respect. And this is coming from a non-feminist male.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:31 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
Quote:
Well in the U.S I always see men creeping on girls (way way more than Toronto) and the girls their don't seem that hardened by it so why would they be in Toronto? I've gotten 10 times as many random girls talk to me in the US than in toronto even tho I'm only in the U.S for about 2 weeks a year.
Again, I don't know exactly why. But I don't believe that Toronto girls are generally mean or douchey or anything.

Maybe because Toronto is a very liberal and educated city, people are just not as responsive to obvious attempts at picking up. I honestly can see how it would irritate many women and that they are just not up for causal approaches anymore. But i don't even see why this is such an issue, I rarely if ever meet people out on a street for no reason and just assumed this was a thing reserved for bad romatic movies. Everyone I've met has been introduced between mutual friends, in school, work, or in a less open and innocuous public space.

Either way, I've never been treated like dirt for simply acknowledging some girl on a street in Toronto.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post

Either way, I've never been treated like dirt for simply acknowledging some girl on a street in Toronto.
I think it also depends on how you would break the ice with her and how you approach her. Plus if you're hot that makes a difference to.. I mean in internet world, for all the people complaining about how girls don't respond to some guys - well we really don't know how these guys look - maybe that is part of the problem...

Last edited by fusion2; 04-14-2014 at 07:00 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM

Ok so this list and club of things to do isn't going to help make you a chic magnet on the streets of Toronto, but it might actually broaden your horizons beyond the "Toronto sucks routine" and that there may be more under the surface... You may actually find the woman - or man of your dreams at one of these clubs or activities.

A Joiner

http://www.leisureclub-toronto.com/toronto/info/

Old 04-14-2014, 10:15 PM

485 posts, read 2,246,159 times
wow, I guess I'm not going to Canada. This makes me even less interested in Canada, and killed the VERY VERY little interest and curiosity that I had with the country. It's sounds like it's much less social than the USA, and I don't even think the USA is that much. Maybe it's just that few places are as welcoming and open as Mexico, Colombia, Central America, Caribbean, Philippines, Thailand, Much of east and southeast asia.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
wow, I guess I'm not going to Canada. This makes me even less interested in Canada, and killed the VERY VERY little interest and curiosity that I had with the country. It's sounds like it's much less social than the USA, and I don't even think the USA is that much. Maybe it's just that few places are as welcoming and open as Mexico, Colombia, Central America, Caribbean, Philippines, Thailand, Much of east and southeast asia.
I think I can speak on behalf of all Canadians when I say how devastated we are that you aren't coming

Old 04-15-2014, 04:20 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
wow, I guess I'm not going to Canada. This makes me even less interested in Canada, and killed the VERY VERY little interest and curiosity that I had with the country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto