Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 05:08 PM

299 posts, read 316,618 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable! They canceled on me before, it was a hassle to schedule an appointment, today when I showed up at the place they were closed and when I called receptionist not only she did not apologize, she was very aggressive and rude and after I expressed my annoyance since I have taken time off from work to go there she yelled at me saying "that it wasn't a big deal" and some other crap.I was so shocked I hung up the phone, went back to the office and left a negative Yelp review describing what happened.

Then I get a very long and very threatening email from the owner, telling me to remove the review or face the legal action. I have noticed by reading other reviews that he went as far as harassing other people at work.

Should I report him to the police? Can I report him to Yelp? Some consumer organization?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 05:25 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,409,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
Unbelievable! They canceled on me before, it was a hassle to schedule an appointment, today when I showed up at the place they were closed and when I called receptionist not only she did not apologize, she was very aggressive and rude and after I expressed my annoyance since I have taken time off from work to go there she yelled at me saying "that it wasn't a big deal" and some other crap.I was so shocked I hung up the phone, went back to the office and left a negative Yelp review describing what happened.

Then I get a very long and very threatening email from the owner, telling me to remove the review or face the legal action. I have noticed by reading other reviews that he went as far as harassing other people at work.

Should I report him to the police? Can I report him to Yelp? Some consumer organization?
No, just write another review on yelp detailing what happened.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:44 PM

61 posts, read 56,898 times
Yup leave a review explaining what happened. Its just a review theres nothing he can do to you, especially when its true

Old 10-30-2015, 01:42 PM

112 posts, read 141,496 times
Toronto is a city of people like this, unfriendly, rude but abnormally polite.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:03 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,728,899 times
As a business owner the sensible thing do to would be to post a reply on line and make efforts to show how you tired to resolve the situation and making plans/ efforts to prevent the type of concern from happening again. Instead by harassing his former customers he is actually making it worse and someone unsatisfied usually tells more people about the problem then someone who is happy with the service. When the business owner pulls this type of tactic the person upset is usually going to complain to even more people and more vocally. I have written both positive and negative reviewed about places and events and call it like I see it. It stores or companies do not get feedback they can not improve. I honestly swear some of these places own be a kick back for the feedback provided. There is one thing to go in a store to freak out at the employee who really has no power to do anything to fix the problem (which sometimes can be so hard to avoid as some people just have no common sense when dealing with customers and customer concerns). If the customer service is bad they likely will be loosing customers and out of business soon. The truth maybe challenging to deal with, but as a business manager you need to understand your customer's experiences and how to improve them or you will likely lose your customers and business. I consider myself a very busy person. My schedule is tight. There is nothing that angers me more then people messing up my schedule. If you are going to cancel on me... you best be advising me at your earliest opportunity unless it is a natural disaster or something that was over the top unpredictable. I guess Toronto customers totally do not have the shut up and take it vibe because there is enough options out their to make sure business owners know you are not entitled to have our business.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:07 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,510,610 times
I once wrote a negative review online about an avian veterinarian; I think it was on weblocal.ca.

I posted it and forgot about it shortly afterwards.

About a couple of years (!) later, one of our birds wasn't feeling well, so I called this vet's office. I know, I don't think that he's competent but there aren't that many avian vets around, or at least there weren't at the time. I've since found one or two others.

The receptionist who answered my call asked me to hang on, and she put me on hold. When she came back on the line she told me that the doctor would not see me or our bird because of the negative review I'd posted. I couldn't believe it.

Seems that not only is that doctor incompetent (as least as far as I'm concerned) but he also has a long memory and bears grudges...

Old 11-05-2015, 03:49 PM

800 posts, read 730,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
I once wrote a negative review online about an avian veterinarian; I think it was on weblocal.ca.

I posted it and forgot about it shortly afterwards.

About a couple of years (!) later, one of our birds wasn't feeling well, so I called this vet's office. I know, I don't think that he's competent but there aren't that many avian vets around, or at least there weren't at the time. I've since found one or two others.

The receptionist who answered my call asked me to hang on, and she put me on hold. When she came back on the line she told me that the doctor would not see me or our bird because of the negative review I'd posted. I couldn't believe it.

Seems that not only is that doctor incompetent (as least as far as I'm concerned) but he also has a long memory and bears grudges...
Well you did try to hinder their business and probably succeeded. I mean you can't insult someone and then expect them to help you after. Lol. Come on.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:28 PM

10 posts, read 9,372 times
If you were in the U.S. you will never get such harassment from a business owner because the police are quick to defend free speech. Canucks are good at censoring people. Canucks are known as the losers of the U.S. Revolution who were too scared off fighting the British. Toronto has many negative reviews ranging from shoddy businesses, poor transit, spiteful women, organized pedophilia networks, censorship, misandry and a whole range of issues.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:40 AM

833 posts, read 658,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulouslyAmazing View Post
If you were in the U.S. you will never get such harassment from a business owner because the police are quick to defend free speech. Canucks are good at censoring people. Canucks are known as the losers of the U.S. Revolution who were too scared off fighting the British. Toronto has many negative reviews ranging from shoddy businesses, poor transit, spiteful women, organized pedophilia networks, censorship, misandry and a whole range of issues.
I don't know a whole lot about the country but enough to say why would anyone live there with such a pathetic job market, high cost of living and this type of muzzling of free speech?

Again my knowledge is sketchy based on my interactions with friends coming to America to work and live

Last edited by westcoast_CA; 01-18-2016 at 07:50 AM..

Old 01-18-2016, 09:49 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,600,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post

Screw the owner. He has no legal recourse and kudos to you for calling him out. He's trying to scare you because your review affects him since he can't control it (I think) although I suspect many positive reviews are not legitimate at times. Many times customer service in Canada needs a shot in the arm and I'm happy that technology like yelp can only help. I yelp from time to time and call it as I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto