Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 02:29 PM

5 posts, read 5,812 times

Advertisements

Ok, we want to move to Missisauga, and found a beautiful home in Meadowvale(Glen Erin/Battleford). We chose Missisauga because we were told its the safest city in Canada.

What kind of a place is Meadowvale?

If Meadowvale is a place I need to stay away from, can anyone recommend an area in Missisauga that has townhouse rentals? It seems rare in Missisauga to find townhouses for rent.

Thank you!!

Last edited by DomDomDom; 06-06-2015 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: let me simplify this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 02:50 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
I refuse to even read questions about safety and moving anymore. There's nowhere here you can move where you have anything approaching even a remotely reasonable chance of encountering danger.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:59 PM

Don't you think I know that? I did not ask where I can be 100% safe. Im asking people's opnions on Meadowvale. If you wish to disagree with my asking a question then please tell me how I should word this question. I asked nicely, it would be nice to get some feedback on the area.

Sigh. Give me a break. Sucks to be a first time poster and have someone call me out already.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:11 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
But asking what the neighbourhood is like in terms of development and types of people, vibe, etc. is a lot different than asking if it's a safe place to live. I'm not trying to scare you off or make you uncomfortable here, it's just that I never understand safety questions when it comes to places that dont have a record or any reason for being untrustworthy.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:13 PM

Understood, point taken.

I simplified my question. I just need posts from people familiar with the area. That's all. Then I'll get out of everyone's way.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:20 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
If you found a nice home than i'd go for it... Mississauga as a whole has one of the lowest crime rates in Canada and last year had only 8 homicides in a city of almost 800K people... The biggest threat an average family would have is potentially a break and enter of house or vehicle and theft (so if you have a garage just park it inside - if not at least have a car alarm)... Wouldn't hurt to have a house alarm too.. Violent assault is not very prevalent in Mississauga.. I actually shopped sometimes at the mall at Glen Erin and Battleford and my mom worked at the same mall and she never experienced any problems including working cash at that mall...

Bad things can happen anywhere but there is nowhere in Mississauga that would warrant being overlooked due to overly cautious safety concerns... Buy your house and enjoy it with as strong a peace of mind you could pretty much have anywhere on the planet

Just caution - Mississauga is suburbia to the max (Streetsville will give you the closest slice of a bit of urbanity) but car is KING in Mississauga... Some nice parks though - and close to you is lake Aquitane which is pleasant. I do recommend the credit valley for bike rides and the trail along the credit river is a total escape and beautiful park..

If someone specifically told you Glen Erin/Battleford is unsafe ask them for specifics as to why because its pretty quiet and peaceful... I visited my my ex who lived in an apartment many times in that area and again - just zero and I mean zero problems...

Last edited by fusion2; 06-06-2015 at 03:30 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 03:30 PM

Fusion, you are godsend. Thank you for taking the time to post this, much appreciated.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:32 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDomDom View Post
Fusion, you are godsend. Thank you for taking the time to post this, much appreciated.
You're welcome Dom!

Old 06-06-2015, 03:42 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,453,096 times
Just a point about Peel Regional Police.

They have the best homicide clearance rate in Canada. They have a different method than most Police services use. They have the usual pair of investigators assigned to the case , but they also assign a team of about 30 people, from all of the different parts of the service. Everything from drug unit, intelligence, youth, gangs, traffic and community officers, and forensics. And they use a computer data management system that collates all of the details that those 30 people develop in the field.

As a result they get results......In most years, all of their murders are solved, with charges laid, and convictions obtained. A mass team effort, that works.

Jim B.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:59 PM

Thank you Jim! That's definitely reassuring!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto