Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 784 times

Advertisements

We're thinking about taking a vacation in Toronto the third week of September with our 3 year old daughter and four year old son. Any recommendations on cheap, kid friendly places to stay and things to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 07:47 PM

3,865 posts, read 5,289,162 times
Good to see you and Karla moved on with your lives. Just stay away from Scarborough because you caused a bit of a stink there a few years ago. So I guess cross the zoo off your list.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:11 PM

659 posts, read 898,987 times
Interesting

Old 07-22-2015, 09:08 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
For those who don't know about Paul Bernardo..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo

Warning very disturbing!

Old 07-22-2015, 09:56 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
It took me a while....... But I finally got it. At first I thought you were making. General Scarborough negative comment ...
Okay to answer your real question here are some suggestions... Sorry if I am spelling names of stuff wrong..... Can't be bothered to spell check everything !

1. Riverdale Farms. It is a small mini farm in the heart of down town. It is free. Mini zoo type area, nature trail and park. Kids that age will love it. Check the website for specific times too demos ex cows getting milk. This places has a really funny goat. Totally poses for photos lol. Oh it is free by the way.

2. The aquarium is amazing. If you go after a certain time it is cheaper. I think after 6pm ... Check the website for details.
3 certain restaurants have free play areas for kids. It will give you a chance to relax while the kids play around in a fairly secure area ex Marche around King and front and paramount at Victoria park and sheppard.

3. There is a chance there may be some street festivals that weekend. Always a easy was to have some fairly prices family fun.

4. The royal Ontario museum and Art gallery of Ontario have kids play areas and have evenings that area cheaper.
5. The Toronto Zoo
6. Ontario Science Centre (check the websites for discounts on certain days/ times)
Also check group on Toronto before you come for promotion. Hope this helps.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:06 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times
Also .... High park. Has Mini zoo and really cool play ground. Also free.

Fantasy fair in woodbind mall is also pretty cool for kids that age. It is an in door amusement park.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:20 PM

I wonder when C_Manson is going to be posting asking for info on where to take the inmates I mean kids on the one day pass...

Old 07-22-2015, 11:32 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I wonder when C_Manson is going to be posting asking for info on where to take the inmates I mean kids on the one day pass...
Yeah.

OP, you may wish to re-register under a different username. Paul Bernardo was a notorious Canadian serial killer, who preyed on teenage girls in Toronto, whom he raped before he killed. Your username, plus "young kids" in the subject line, gives off a distinctly creepy vibe that Canadians are (understandably, I'd suggest) reluctant to reply to.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Yeah.

OP, you may wish to re-register under a different username. Paul Bernardo was a notorious Canadian serial killer, who preyed on teenage girls in Toronto, whom he raped before he killed. Your username, plus "young kids" in the subject line, gives off a distinctly creepy vibe that Canadians are (understandably, I'd suggest) reluctant to reply to.
Yeah sorry Chevy but I was the same age as Kristen French, Leslie Mahaffy and Tammy Homolka when they were murdered. I remember watching in horror what these girls went through - anyway you are right on point as usual!

Old 07-22-2015, 11:40 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Bernardo View Post
We're thinking about taking a vacation in Toronto the third week of September with our 3 year old daughter and four year old son. Any recommendations on cheap, kid friendly places to stay and things to do?
Seriously? Your username is P_Bernardo? No recommendations from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto