Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 06:11 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any Haunted locations/ homes in Toronto? Is our city just too clean cut and young to have hauntings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 07:16 AM

380 posts, read 431,059 times
I've heard about several haunted locations in Toronto. How well-known they are is anyone's question. The sites that immediately come to mind are:

The Hockey Hall of Fame: specifically the old bank area where the inductee plaques are located. Something about a bank employee committing suicide or something like that.

Lower Bay TTC Station: something about a lady in red.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:23 AM

481 posts, read 427,673 times
The Ontario Legislative Parliament Buildings in Queens Park are famously haunted by three specters. There might even be a special tour to tell you about the ghosts who live there.

There's a story behind the lighthouse on Hanlan's Point on the Toronto Island, too. Murder most foul and an unhappy spirit if the stories are to be believed.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:32 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,599,838 times
The old mansion on Jarvis that has been converted into a Keg restaurant - otherwise known as the Keg Mansion. This place has been known to be haunted as long as I remember. I don't know the origins but there are many stories about people hearing strange voices in the washroom area.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:02 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Might be something that interests you KLM.

The Haunted Walk of Toronto | Haunted Walks Inc.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:06 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default Good idea :)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Might be something that interests you KLM.

The Haunted Walk of Toronto | Haunted Walks Inc.
Good idea. I think I might check out one of those tours just for fun. I have never actually done a real Toronto tour. Every few months I find I accidentally come across something I did not know about tucked away in some part of the city.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:01 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Old Mill & Old Mill subway station, the old men's washroom upstairs at Union Station, Hockey hall of Fame, Bloor Collegiate.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:25 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
What about that castle---forgot the name? You know that big castle named after the man who built it?

Old 09-13-2015, 08:32 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,382,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
What about that castle---forgot the name? You know that big castle named after the man who built it?
Sounds like you might be referring to Casa Loma, which is purported to be haunted. I've not been there myself, but want to go at some point - maybe next time I'm in Toronto. Even if there's no evidence of haunting it would still make a fun touristy place to visit.

Whoever mentioned The Keg on Jarvis...I too have been told that it's haunted. I was there once with my son and his (then) girlfriend, and while I never had any sense of anything going on, I also had remained in the dining area and wasn't in any other part of the restaurant. It was only after we left the building that I was told the place had a history of reported events...esp. in the women's washroom (which I hadn't used). Apparently many staff and customers have reported a sense of not being alone, of objects moving, of tapping or banging on the door while they were in a stall in that washroom. Kinda glad I didn't go in there now.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:21 AM

3,625 posts, read 3,412,654 times
University College on the U of Toronto campus.

During construction of the building in the mid-19th century, two stonemasons--Diablos and Reznikoff--got into a fight over a woman. Diablos ended up killing Reznikoff, and hiding the body. When reconstruction of the building had to occur because of a fire in the 1890s, a body was found. While it was never positively identified as Reznikoff's, chances are good that it was his.

Anyway, the story goes that Reznikoff's ghost still walks the hallways of the building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto