Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 08:34 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post

To you there are no negatives to toronto and that cool
. You love the city. And several first hand observations is not enough for you. Maybe someone will conduct a study about this that is good enough for you. But like Roosh vs attempts. I doubt you'd like the results.
You clearly don't read all my posts... I do love the city though! I love many and T.O is certainly one of them. We can love something with faults can't we? We can also want something with faults to improve which i have most certainly written about with respect to Toronto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 08:36 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ?

Quote:
Put It this way. You justifying why people in Toronto are anti social. Is you actually agreeing that most people here are antisocial.

It is what it is. Just don't be upset when people who like to socialize like it better in other places for the simple fact it is the social norm to be social.

I'm not arguing the greatness of toronto. I'm stating the social norms here. And after all it is just an observation.
I am odd by design. Not the greatest example of anything. If everyone did exactly what was expected all the time things would be boring and predictable. I am flowing with the discussion and trying not to be anti-social !

People should never be so quick to jump to conclusions about other people. Once upon a time I had this boss who was older then me and really freindly and out going. I am always a bit guarded with my conduct when dealing with anyone who can fire me .

One day when we were talking about something out of no where he made this comment, "Oh my god why are you looking at me like that? You are always giving me that look like I am a total moron when I am taking to you". He thought I did not think he new what he was doing. What I was really think was wow ... how is he still single he is such a cool guy lol.

You approach someone ... give them a chance to warm up to you, don't just expect an explosive gushing reaction. You likely caught them off guard.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:57 PM

800 posts, read 730,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
No i'm actually trying to inspire you to strengthen the veracity of your claims about the social norms of the city. Everyone knows your observations and views. This isn't anything new. The problem is they are your life experiences. If you have studies/peer reviewed articles that would reinforce your personal experiences, a stronger case would be made.

I'm not disregarding your viewpoint - i'm actually trying to get the wheels in motion for you to make a stronger case. I'm actually very open minded to this topic. I find the generalized conclusion some of y'all are making rather simplistic and illogical, but i'm certainly open to hearing various viewpoints, especially if they are elevated to something more substantial.

If you don't thank me now i'll accept a thanks down the road. I'm a patient guy
I don't think the academic world would take the thesis of any sort of dating scene serious. I know you know this recommendation is ridiculous.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I don't think the academic world would take the thesis of any sort of dating scene serious. I know you know this recommendation is ridiculous.
Now now you made a claim about social norms.. I think that falls in the realm of the social sciences and can be studied. Why are you not open to this? Are you not open minded?

If you just said in my experience dating in Toronto sucks because of xyz it would be different.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I am odd by design. Not the greatest example of anything. If everyone did exactly what was expected all the time things would be boring and predictable. I am flowing with the discussion and trying not to be anti-social !

People should never be so quick to jump to conclusions about other people. Once upon a time I had this boss who was older then me and really freindly and out going. I am always a bit guarded with my conduct when dealing with anyone who can fire me .

One day when we were talking about something out of no where he made this comment, "Oh my god why are you looking at me like that? You are always giving me that look like I am a total moron when I am taking to you". He thought I did not think he new what he was doing. What I was really think was wow ... how is he still single he is such a cool guy lol.

You approach someone ... give them a chance to warm up to you, don't just expect an explosive gushing reaction. You likely caught them off guard.
Well if you know how to warm up to someone. Hopefully the other person is still interested once you warmed up to them.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Now now you made a claim about social norms.. I think that falls in the realm of the social sciences and can be studied. Why are you not open to this? Are you not open minded?

If you just said in my experience dating in Toronto sucks because of xyz it would be different.
Well i did take rooshs observations for what it's worth. And i disagree with many of his stances. Did you? He conducted a study with the onlh different variables being a different city and different women.

And i am not a scientist. Nor claimed to be. So your attempts to back me into a corner is a failure.

I know what you are trying to do even if you do succeed in poking fallacies in my viewpoints. That still won't change others who Cleary feel the same way. And clearly experience the same things.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Well i did take rooshs observations for what it's worth. And i disagree with many of his stances. Did you? He conducted a study with the onlh different variables being a different city and different women.

And i am not a scientist. Nor claimed to be. So your attempts to back me into a corner is a failure.

I know what you are trying to do even if you do succeed in poking fallacies in my viewpoints. That still won't change others who Cleary feel the same way. And clearly experience the same things.
Oh I never doubted or doubt that there are individuals who don't have luck with the dating scene. I also believe in the notion that misery loves company.

As for Roosh - he is trying to get publicity and to make a buck. Negativity garners the most attention unfortunately. The quiet majority that are happy just aren't in a forum posting about this stuff. I didn't come on these forums specifically to talk about this topic as some do, but there are a small but vocal group who do so might as well try and point out how silly this all is.

Even assuming there are generalized truths to what is being said, its not really a productive discussion imo.. What do people think they are going to change? Are they going to stop immigration - No. Are growth rates in the city going to be impacted - No. Its a bunch of disenfranchised guys looking for an online hug or something. Its sort of fascinating to watch as an outsider tbh lol.. As I said before, Toronto is increasingly becoming a place where more people than not aren't even native so that is what I find extraordinarily ironic about the claims.

I also enjoy the posts of the guy from Atlanta who was basically talking smack about Atlanta back in 2009 and 2010 and than starts to do the same spin about Toronto..

Last edited by fusion2; 06-06-2016 at 07:18 PM..

Old 06-06-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Oh I never doubted or doubt that there are individuals who don't have luck with the dating scene. I also believe in the notion that misery loves company.

As for Roosh - he is trying to get publicity and to make a buck. Negativity garners the most attention unfortunately. The quiet majority that are happy just aren't in a forum posting about this stuff. I didn't come on these forums specifically to talk about this topic as some do, but there are a small but vocal group who do so might as well try and point out how silly this all is.

Even assuming there are generalized truths to what is being said, its not really a productive discussion imo.. What do people think they are going to change? Are they going to stop immigration - No. Are growth rates in the city going to be impacted - No. Its a bunch of disenfranchised guys looking for an online hug or something. Its sort of fascinating to watch as an outsider tbh lol.. As I said before, Toronto is increasingly becoming a place where more people than not aren't even native so that is what I find extraordinarily ironic about the claims.

I also enjoy the posts of the guy from Atlanta who was basically talking smack about Atlanta back in 2009 and 2010 and than starts to do the same spin about Toronto..
As much as yo u want to deny it. The characteristics of a city rubs off on a person. Even immigrants. If an immigrant moved to new York they would develop aggressive new york characteristics. If they grew up in Norfolk Virginia they would probably have the southern hospitality traits. So i disagree. I believe the city you are in molds your personality to a degree.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
As much as yo u want to deny it. The characteristics of a city rubs off on a person. Even immigrants. If an immigrant moved to new York they would develop aggressive new york characteristics. If they grew up in Norfolk Virginia they would probably have the southern hospitality traits. So i disagree. I believe the city you are in molds your personality to a degree.
I can go with this but only to an extent and the bigger issue here is making convenient excuses. Don't forget even though NYC is as diverse and multicultural as Toronto (slightly more actually), its native born population is far greater than Toronto. Toronto has a much higher percentage of FOBS than NYC so less of an excuse for FOBS to blame Toronto. Umm no, you can blame yourself honey. Nobody is holding a gun to your head saying be boring and cold. If you are like that its your own damned choice.

Last edited by fusion2; 06-06-2016 at 07:59 PM..

Old 06-06-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I can go with this but only to an extent and the bigger issue here is making convenient excuses. Don't forget even though NYC is as diverse and multicultural as Toronto (slightly more actually), its native born population is far greater than Toronto. Toronto has a much higher percentage of FOBS than NYC so less of an excuse for FOBS to blame Toronto. Umm no, you can blame yourself honey. Nobody is holding a gun to your head saying be boring and cold. If you are like that its your own damned choice.
Well than tell that to the majority of torontonians. I damn Sure know I ain't boring. Lol. And its not an excuse. I don't even think fobs care. They just want to make their money. Support their families and and send money back home. It makes sense to me why they aren't warm and friendly especially if most of then are south and east asians who are typically reserved anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto