Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 11:15 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I finally did it. I just happened to run in to the opportunity last night. It was a good experience and glad I did it. There is a lot of what I was told that seemed pretty on the ball. I few things that were a bit confusing.
Hi KLM - but did you really find that what he/she was on the ball about being just generalized things that could apply to almost everyone? Its the specific details that he/she couldn't possibly know that would win me over though I really just don't think i'd be interesting in doing it. I like not knowing what's in store in the future.. Mystery is good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 07:31 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Hi KLM - but did you really find that what he/she was on the ball about being just generalized things that could apply to almost everyone? Its the specific details that he/she couldn't possibly know that would win me over though I really just don't think i'd be interesting in doing it. I like not knowing what's in store in the future.. Mystery is good!
Honestly ... for many things I thought she was pretty on the ball. There was a few moments I was really fighting back tears because even if she was guessing based on my sun sign or the way I present she was still a pretty wicked at reading me. I took it for what it was. There were a few things she told me that really had me really confused. She basically suggested that someone I meet in the past has put a sort of curse/ or bad omen on me and that a certain time someone have me something that I have in my home that has negative energy associated with it and I need to remove it. She gave me a year that is was given to me and some possible ideas of what it could be... but I have not exactly figured out what it is? She said when I find it ... I will just know. Well I looked and have about 5 possible items it might me.
I don't know ... so I guess I will just keep on looking ! I bought an antique mirror a few months ago .... I am just happy she did not suggest. I saw the Oculus Movie and one too many horror movies so I really really don't like sleeping with mirrors facing me. Regardless that antique mirror looks good and is going to be really cool to use when putting on makeup. I will just be coving in when not in use once I move it up to my bedroom .

Old 08-29-2016, 08:56 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Honestly ... for many things I thought she was pretty on the ball. There was a few moments I was really fighting back tears because even if she was guessing based on my sun sign or the way I present she was still a pretty wicked at reading me. I took it for what it was. There were a few things she told me that really had me really confused. She basically suggested that someone I meet in the past has put a sort of curse/ or bad omen on me and that a certain time someone have me something that I have in my home that has negative energy associated with it and I need to remove it. She gave me a year that is was given to me and some possible ideas of what it could be... but I have not exactly figured out what it is? She said when I find it ... I will just know. Well I looked and have about 5 possible items it might me.
I don't know ... so I guess I will just keep on looking ! I bought an antique mirror a few months ago .... I am just happy she did not suggest. I saw the Oculus Movie and one too many horror movies so I really really don't like sleeping with mirrors facing me. Regardless that antique mirror looks good and is going to be really cool to use when putting on makeup. I will just be coving in when not in use once I move it up to my bedroom .
Hmmm well seems she made quite the impression on you.. As for curses and bad omens I find it hard to believe in that stuff personally. I think life is what you make it and a positive outlook and energy is the best cure for any bad omen or curse.. Enjoy the mirror

Old 08-30-2016, 04:42 PM

564 posts, read 1,040,536 times

Psychics use a well-known technique called "cold reading" and are extremely skilled at making you think they have a special insight into your life, but the only real thing about them is the money they charge you to do it. They are nothing but entertainers and performers. All of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading (also check YouTube for some professional demonstrations)

Sleep peacefully; there are no such things as curses and omens. She gave you a loosely-based description and is counting on you to fill in the blanks -- which we often do. They rely on our natural inclination to want them to be right, so we focus on the "hits" while ignoring the misses.

Penn and Teller had a really good series called "Bullsh***" that exposed a lot of this stuff, like mediums, psychics, faith healers, and the like. Magicians are often wise to their ways as they employ a lot of the same techniques and skills to fool people. Worth a watch. Probably can find it on YouTube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto