Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 07:14 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times

Advertisements

For sure and I think its great that there are more options for that hence why I provided a list of the top ranked (often fine dining) establishments in Canada in an earlier post to stimulate ideas for such people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 05:27 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifergiromonte View Post
To be clear, looking for suggestions on fine dining restaurants that aren't your typical.. steak and lobster dinner. The post above is an example of one i've recently tried and REALLY enjoyed. Looking for similar recommendations.
Steak is not "fine dinning" no matter how expensive it is. It is hardly "cuisine".

Old 03-08-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Wildfire Steakhouse - North York - Toronto, ON | Dine.TO ( they have other stuff too)

Origin Restaurant & Bar

Sassafraz Restaurant, Toronto, Yorkville : the Heart of Yorkville

Le Papillon on Front | Toronto, ON | (416) 367-0303

tapas at embrujo, tapas toronto, tapas, Flamenco, flamenco show, best tapas, | Tapas at Embrujo | Toronto, ON | (416) 463-8272

The One Eighty

Check out ethnic areas ex The Danforth and Little Italy. Lots of nice places that are not mainly steak and seafood places.

I have not personally ate at all these places because I am really in to long sit down meals, but have freinds that are and these are the places they speak well of.
Sasafraz is more form than substance. Totally overrated. So is Origin, small and expensive plates but in the end, you don't feel having a great dining experience. Just fancy.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:07 PM

412 posts, read 386,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Steak is not "fine dinning" no matter how expensive it is. It is hardly "cuisine".
Anthony Bourdain thinks it is both.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:04 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,229,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
The best rated fine dining restaurant in Toronto and indeed Canada Right now is Alo

Toronto

Home - Alo

Edulis and Canoe are also of note.
But how can that be true? That "Manitopiaaa" Troll said that all of Canada was void of any decent food options save for Montreal, lol.

Last edited by North 42; 03-14-2017 at 08:14 AM..

Old 03-14-2017, 08:09 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,229,126 times
Quote:
What a silly statement! There are Many high end steakhouses and restaurants where steak is prominent, that are considered "fine dining".

Old 03-14-2017, 08:20 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default ....

Quote:
Sasafraz is more form than substance. Totally overrated. So is Origin, small and expensive plates but in the end, you don't feel having a great dining experience. Just fancy.
Agree I would never go out of my way to eat at those places. Again I am not really in to fine dining. I am not interested in sitting around eating slowing for long periods of time unless there is something to do ex entertainment. I the food is good I could care less if it is severed on a paper napkin. It is takes too long to be cooked prepared it reminds me of the fact I could have actually just made my own food at home.

I will take fun dining experiences vs fine dining any day.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:22 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSEALover View Post
Anthony Bourdain thinks it is both.
No way. You have not had not be served the right stake yet if you say that lol!
I have amazing steak and just blah steak. When it is amazing .... mmmmm !

Old 03-15-2017, 10:10 AM

412 posts, read 386,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
No way. You have not had not be served the right stake yet if you say that lol!
I have amazing steak and just blah steak. When it is amazing .... mmmmm !
Can't see the relevance of this response to my post. As I say, Bourdain gives specific instructions for the "right way" to do steak. I seriously doubt he'd trouble himself with something that is "inferior dining". Best restaurants I've ever gone to always had steak. Somehow it manages to survive on menus. But I will say the restaurants don't just buy crap from big slaughterhouses.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSEALover View Post
Can't see the relevance of this response to my post. As I say, Bourdain gives specific instructions for the "right way" to do steak. I seriously doubt he'd trouble himself with something that is "inferior dining". Best restaurants I've ever gone to always had steak. Somehow it manages to survive on menus. But I will say the restaurants don't just buy crap from big slaughterhouses.
I think she was trying to reply to my post.

Steaks can hardly pass as decent food, not to mention "fine dining". This is why it matches perfectly with French fries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto