Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2018, 09:18 PM

5 posts, read 4,852 times

Advertisements

I’m from western Illinois. I’m looking to relocated to somewhere in Canada. Though, I’m not sure where. I’m wondering a few things.
1. Does Toronto have wild tarantulas (I thought they were a warmer climate type of creature ).
2. How big do spiders get, including the legs? I have a HUGE case of arachnophobia. Like, I can cry if I see one and don’t get someone to kill it. I can’t even look at pictures.
3. Is it hard to get Canadian citizen citizenship or at the very least a work visa? I only have a GED. I don’t have a college degree yet.
Thanks so much for being patient and any responses I may get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 11:15 AM

669 posts, read 321,088 times
1. No wild Tarantulas in Toronto.
2. You at some point will likely get house spiders at some point if you live here long enough but they are utterly harmless and small. Probably 7-10 mm at the biggest with their legs. You might see just a few in your house a year to every few years. Usually it might have spun a web somewhere. But this is probably 5% of the time. You really won't see them much.
3. Canada's big on post secondary education since they use a point system. If you go on their web site, it might explain it better. But many ppl have immigrated here just using the web site. Not as complicated as the US system. If you sign up for a post secondary school, that almost automatically guarantees you a work permit to stay afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Toronto