Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:05 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times

Advertisements

Toyota reclaims title as world's largest automaker - report

Some were talking trash when Toyota had its issues with the unintended acceleration problems, and how they were finished. I told many this was a temporary thing. I said they'd be back, and they are!! Their philosophy is very UnAmerican (Speaking of how they do business and run their company). I knew it wouldn't be long before they claim number one spot worldwide! They did it in less time than I thought. The numbers don't lie.

For those having a fit. GET OVER IT!! It's just business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 09:56 PM

310 posts, read 1,025,031 times
As a university business student, Toyota comes up numerous times in our class discussions of successful companies. They have really excelled at ensuring great quality with their innovative manufacturing techniques and inventory management, which both America and Europe have been slow to learn.
People can say what they want about Toyota, but there is no denying that they know how to build a great car.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Some were talking trash when Toyota had its issues with the unintended acceleration problems, and how they were finished.
How is it trash talk when it was true?

Old 05-27-2012, 10:22 PM

310 posts, read 1,025,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
How is it trash talk when it was true?
The OP probably meant that there were some things that were blown out proportion by those who didn't like foreign automakers, or had a vested interest in domestic automakers, and wished to see Toyota fall.

I don't mean to make light of the situation, but there were lots of claims made by people which later proved to be false.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:26 PM

Not much was proven, and the point that I'm making is "They're not finished", as some said. So many Ford and GM fan boys were happy with what happened on this particular forum/sub forum. They thought Toyota was sliding and would never bounce back. They did it in less time than anticipated. I was surprised. I thought it would take them at least two years to sort things out. Boy, am I surprised.

All I'm saying in plain English is that they bounced back in no time. Gotta give them credit.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:26 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Toyota is a great company. My biggest complaint is they seem to proud to fess up to their issues. There was alot of shadiness around the whole unintended acceleration. Its one thing there is an isssue they acknowledge and fix.

Toyota Accused Of A Sudden-Acceleration Cover-Up

THis top story I found interesting, I jsut did quick google searches for articles but remember reading it during the whole debacle, but basically Toyota, kind of "stole" NHSTA people. They basically got NHSTA employees to quit, and get hired on by Toyota(large amount of money?) then these employees worked for Toyota knew the ins and out of the NHTSA and got some of the probes shut down. Not saying all companies don't have their skeletons.

Regulators Hired by Toyota Helped Halt Acceleration Probes - Bloomberg

Sudden Acceleration: Toyota's History Of Covering Up Potential Safety Problems | InjuryBoard Kansas City

NTSB Finds Toyota Failed to Follow the Recall Process, Will New Process Improve Email Communications? - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Old 05-27-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
The OP probably meant that there were some things that were blown out proportion by those who didn't like foreign automakers, or had a vested interest in domestic automakers, and wished to see Toyota fall.

I don't mean to make light of the situation, but there were lots of claims made by people which later proved to be false.

Thank you. Well said. Exactly what I meant!

Old 05-27-2012, 10:35 PM

Well whatever it is. Here is a state trooper, the kind of guy that knows what to do in a situation like this. Also had enough time to pick up a cell phone and call 911. Not just a "whoops" wrong pedal human error mistake.

This is the sound as he, and his entire family died.

Toyota 911 Call Of Family's Fatal Lexus Crash - YouTube

Old 05-27-2012, 10:47 PM

BTW while on the topic of Japanese coverup stuff.

How comfortable do you West Coasters feel?

RT is a russina news organization.

Fukushima...radiation so high - even robots not safe - YouTube

Old 05-27-2012, 11:06 PM

Why am I not surprised that this is already going off-topic? Not even on page 2 of the thread and we're changing the topic? Failure to address the topic. The title is Toyota being at the top, not about cover ups.

Why am I not surprised?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion