Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 01:27 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgmike View Post
I bet you are a lot of fun at parties...

ITS A COMMERCIAL!!! That camry is pretty sporty, and the commercial relates that point well to soccer moms. End of story.
I'm sorry. I've built and driven race cars and that "track" doesn't impress me. ANY car would be just as fun on it. It says NOTHING to me about how sporty or fun the Camry is in relation to it's competition. So that's my answer to the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 05:51 PM

6,556 posts, read 7,136,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
I'm sorry. I've built and driven race cars and that "track" doesn't impress me. ANY car would be just as fun on it. It says NOTHING to me about how sporty or fun the Camry is in relation to it's competition. So that's my answer to the OP.
Well said

Old 11-15-2013, 08:12 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,894,623 times
Not as dumb as Volkswagen't fast character...lol, remember those?

Old 11-15-2013, 09:42 PM

347 posts, read 650,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Yep, it's pretty clear that track is doing all of the "fun" work here. First there's the rollercoaster hill drop, then there's the highly-angled bank turn, and finally there's the "let's drive as fast as possible through this non-functioning car wash". The Nurburgring, this ain't.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:31 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
Not as dumb as Volkswagen't fast character...lol, remember those?

Volkswagen?

Old 11-16-2013, 07:05 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Volkswagen?
The MK V GTI has "Fast" as a mascot.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:00 PM

457 posts, read 693,885 times
The "extreme" and "incredible" comments in the commercial after the "thrill" ride describes Toyota owners to the T. I'd be embarrassed if it was me.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:07 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Umm yeah.. but what auto commercials are about scientific absolutes snd all.. theyre ALL about emotion.. and that ad conveys it perfectly actually. What a bunch of "get off my lawn you damn" kids bitter old men in here.
But does that make you want to buy a Camry, or does it just make you think the ad was stupid? Because for me it just makes me feel like the ad was stupid.

Maybe it works on people that think the Camry is sporty? No idea. I'd buy a Camry because it's comfortable, reliable, gets good gas mileage, is inexpensive. The interior sort of sucks, but if whatever. It gets you from A to B with minimal anything, assuming you don't fall asleep and kill a family of five on the freeway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion