Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 07:38 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Good point, Mercedes are used as taxis throughout Europe. However i'm a purist, I don't believe that a FWD drive platform makes for a luxury car. Therefore I don't consider the CLA to be a true luxury car. In the United States Mercedes Benz is marketed as "the best or nothing". I would not call the CLA the best, I would call it an economy car with a fancy badge.
The M-B taxis in Europe are not CLAs, my experience was they were E class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 01:02 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Chiming in here after having my mother own two Lexus's- 1990ES and 1993GS and currently owning a 2014 and a 2015 GS F Sport and having sold both MB/Lexus cars.

I love MB but the cars are crap. I've also owned 3 MB myself including a CLk55 and personally never having an issue but I do know plenty of people who have and took in many on trade at Lexus. Major issues. We mainly sent them to auction. Have you ever driven a 3 or 4 year old MB?? Everything rattles and same with BMWs!!

I'm not sure where someone was saying you couldn't get bigger than 17" rims on the RX. They were an option up to 19" and now are at 20".

I've taken in Lexus trades with 200k+ miles and we actually turned around and sold them on our lot and people would go crazy for them. Easiest sales I've ever made.

BTW the new Lexus's do have wood but they are the dark wood-not your typical wood color. For the price of an ES you can't beat it-starting at 40K and nicely equipped.

Also, there is a ISF, RCF, and a GSF with 454HP at 80K.

Maybe I'm biased as I've owned both and sold both but I can definitely say Lexus is higher quality than BMW and MB. It's not your performance based car but luxury. There's a total difference.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:35 PM

22 posts, read 14,277 times
I decided not to buy an ES350 bc of all the problems I read about. Transmissions, water pumps failures, windows falling out and wheel vibration at higher speeds being the big 4. I like toyota; but lexus seems worse than Toyota & not better (lately). Some of the posts I read while researching revealed some major hits people have taken behind Lexus' refusal to stand behind their vehicles regarding problems they are well aware of.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:28 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky33 View Post
I decided not to buy an ES350 bc of all the problems I read about. Transmissions, water pumps failures, windows falling out and wheel vibration at higher speeds being the big 4. I like toyota; but lexus seems worse than Toyota & not better (lately). Some of the posts I read while researching revealed some major hits people have taken behind Lexus' refusal to stand behind their vehicles regarding problems they are well aware of.
What year are you speaking of?

Old 08-07-2016, 07:41 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,007,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinmcx View Post
I don't drive anything less than Lexus or a Benz badge
Good for you.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:08 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,739,837 times
I've never had a single issue with any of my Lexus or Toyota vehicles. Other cars I've owned, such as Audis and a spectacular but awful Porsche, have been nightmares. All bought new.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:30 AM

8 posts, read 5,346 times
Yes I say for sure it has gone downhill. I never expected my 2010 RX to have melting plastics all over the place and a waiting list to get the dashboard fixed. By the time my name comes up, I'll be dead and buried.

My previous RX never had these kinds of problems.

This time around I am avoiding Lexus at all costs as I look for new luxury car.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:39 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
The M-B taxis in Europe are not CLAs, my experience was they were E class.
Yes, traditionally they have been (e.g. W123, W124). CLAs would have a headroom issue compared with the current E class.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:01 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
I own a 2014 LS 460L AWD. Very happy with it at 20k miles. I am not as happy over dealer policy however. Seems when it goes in for regular oil change minor service, they push change fluids when not required. Is there some documented reason that shows this is cost effective to owners or is it merely designed to help dealer cover high cost facilities etc? This appears to be the downside to dealer and owners if they bite for the additional service to help out the dealer as this feels to me.

Old 09-03-2016, 03:13 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I own a 2014 LS 460L AWD. Very happy with it at 20k miles. I am not as happy over dealer policy however. Seems when it goes in for regular oil change minor service, they push change fluids when not required. Is there some documented reason that shows this is cost effective to owners or is it merely designed to help dealer cover high cost facilities etc? This appears to be the downside to dealer and owners if they bite for the additional service to help out the dealer as this feels to me.
Actually you have required maintenance while under warranty. They shouldn't be changing any fluids except Oil. They should be adding if needed.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/MY1...460_WSG_lr.pdf

The Lexus dealership I use charges $60 for the mini inspection, the oil change, tire rotation and a car wash (the cabin filter I do myself). Depending on the how hard you are driving (or conditions you drive in) the vehicle your 30k service may have been accelerated to be done at 20k which does require some fluid replacements. Figure every 15k to be higher than normal. We have a GX and a RX.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion