Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 07:28 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,936,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
But not every car company has claimed to be "flawless" and "superior" like Toyota does.
Yes Toyota advertises their reliability, but show me once instance where they claim they are "flawless?"

Your hyperbole and bias are uncalled for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,648,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Yes Toyota advertises their reliability, but show me once instance where they claim they are "flawless?"

Your hyperbole and bias are uncalled for.

John - Please grow up and attempt to have a mature converstaion. Seriously. A forked tongue gets nowhere.

One foot inside an arrogant Toyota showroom easily shows their "superior" attitude.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:04 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,698,181 times
Quote:
...One foot inside an arrogant Toyota showroom easily shows their "superior" attitude.

So, the folks at a Ford showroom won't tell you what great cars Fords are? Chevy salesmen won't tell you what a great car a Chevy is?

Sheesh, that's not "arrogant"....that's trying to sell cars!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,034,743 times
I just saw thew latest report on the recall. It does not include all cars now.. It only involves the accerator pedal made by the american supplier and not if your vehicle has one made by Denso in japan.They showed the parts and they look very different and they explained what was happening with the fault. strange but the Denso part even looked oF better quailty.Maybe owners need to write totota telling them to return to using japanese made parts.Rememeber thsi same company m,ake parts for american vehicles too.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:44 PM

Just saw the latest report on the accelerator pedals. Not all are being reacalled. Just the ones with the american made accelerator pedals. If your vehicle has one made by Denso in japan its not involved.They showed both parts and to tell you then truth the Denos looked of much better qaulity. Maybe as some have stated they need to return to japanese made parts afterall.By the way the supplier makes parts for american vehicles also.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:46 PM

Wel it gets more interestignnow that the accelator that are made by teh am,erican supplier are the oens being reaclled or vehicvles noit asold. The ones with Denso ;Japnese parts are not involved . They showed both on the news and they look much different really.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
So, the folks at a Ford showroom won't tell you what great cars Fords are? Chevy salesmen won't tell you what a great car a Chevy is?

Sheesh, that's not "arrogant"....that's trying to sell cars!

Toyota dealers are especially arrogant from my own personal experience. You need not be arrogant to be a successful salesperson. You don't get it obviously.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:01 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,435,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Maybe because they present themselves as being desperate. If they really think their vehicles are fantastic, why are they playing the rebate gimmick game? If they were smart, they would end the gimmickry. To a consumer, it just smells like the same old Detroit.
Ford Hops on Bandwagon to Profit From Toyota - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews
Yup, typical gimmickry. It's in their commercials (all over). I'm not talking about Ford, but mainly GM. I still laugh at the ~1MPG difference in their commercials. I'm still not convinced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Just saw the latest report on the accelerator pedals. Not all are being reacalled. Just the ones with the american made accelerator pedals. If your vehicle has one made by Denso in japan its not involved.They showed both parts and to tell you then truth the Denos looked of much better qaulity. Maybe as some have stated they need to return to japanese made parts afterall.By the way the supplier makes parts for american vehicles also.
To me that's not a blow to Toyota, more like a blow to the American company that supplies Toyota with the parts.

So to all the Domestic nut swingers, I think you should calm down now.

It's overdue. They need to send some work back to Japan. I want my older Toyotas back.

The American made Toyotas are good overall, but if anyone has been in a Toyota Crown or Toyota Chaser, they'll forget about Avalons and such.

Better cars, way better cars.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:04 PM

What irks me, is the fact that Toyota would have kept on selling the defective vehicles if they weren't forced not to.

Yes, Toyota needs to go back to Japan-only assembly. They are becoming far too Americanized and the quality slide is immense and very visible.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,435,150 times
Quote:
What irks me, is the fact that Toyota would have kept on selling the defective vehicles if they weren't forced not to.

Yes, Toyota needs to go back to Japan-only assembly. They are becoming far too Americanized and the quality slide is immense and very visible.

I agree, Steve. I think most corporations are about their bottom line, and they calculate risk. If no one is hurt, or less than say 1% is injured, they can get by. It's sad, I agree. It irks me as well.

What also irks me is the fact that they're taking too long to bring a real sports car back to the market.
I have plenty of toys to keep me busy for a while though

It's also sad that being Americanized is an insult in the automotive world.

Hope everything is going well for you in TN. Maybe we could meet in Pigeon Forge for a tail of the dragon drive sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion