Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 11:53 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,158,035 times

Advertisements

Why get rid of one problem just to buy another one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 12:10 PM

335 posts, read 1,313,203 times
A very smart business decision.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:14 PM

472 posts, read 742,453 times
You don't think Toyota would do the same if the situation were reversed?

Old 01-30-2010, 12:15 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,623,591 times
You'll end up losing money if you take this deal cause they will never pay you for what your car is truly worth.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,034,743 times
Yep.Now that they have found the accelerators made by Denos in japna don't have the problem ;just oens with teh ones made here in the Indiana suppier ;it shouldn't take long to correct.But the G needs all the help they can getin the sales dept looking at them compared to Ford.In the end I really thnik honda will get some of teh toyotas sales until its cleared up.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM

2,176 posts, read 3,407,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
I find those GM commercials with Howie Long to be probably the single most arrogant commercials made in recent years. Yeah a Malibu gets 1MPG more than the Civic, but see how that helps you when the thing is all loose and falling apart at 100K.
I find GM dealers to be the worst so far as far as what your talking about.
They're just giving Japanese manufacturers a taste of their own medicine. I still remember an article from a few years ago when Toyota stated GM and Ford were no longer considered to be competition to them...only Nissan and Honda. Boy, how things have changed...now Toyota is trying to buddy up with Ford.

Toyota President Fretted About Company Reputation - WSJ.com

By the way, owner satisfaction with the Malibu is higher than the Camry, Accord, and Civic. These are from MSN Autos, but other general auto sites have similar results.

Camry average user rating: 8.6
Accord average user rating: 8.3
Civic average user rating: 8.8
Altima average user rating: 9.3
Malibu average user rating: 9.5

And the only one it didn't beat, Ford Fusion: 9.6

Old 01-30-2010, 12:33 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,695,452 times
Post News, Toyota CEO Apologizes to His Customers: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' Then Drives Away in a Black Audi.

In his first public comment about the massive safety crisis surrounding his company, the President and CEO of Toyota apologized to his customers for causing them so much worry.

Toyota CEO Apologizes: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' - ABC News

Old 01-30-2010, 12:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,034,743 times
But its unlikely that past big 3 customers that left will be goig back to what they ranwawy from. Even the big 3 have admitted repeatedly that they put vehicles that were defect out to dealers for tehm to deal with. There is not a single dealer where I live now that hadles just onme of teh big 3 exclusively. they all have multiple brands. As one salesman told me you can make it seeling small americacars and the truxck sales are still evryhting witht eh big 3. Otherwise many would drop thier big 3 vehicle line.Its obvious jsut looking at their lots;a few cars and tons of trucks and SUVs.Usewrs reviews are uselesss with all the fake UAW flooding the sites now.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:40 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,648,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Most likely they had enough of the attitude and were just dishing it back your way.

Why the constant rant against Toyota? Were you trying to work on one and just couldn't quite figure out the problem? If so, don't worry about it. There are plenty of us that know what were doing. We gotcha covered

That made NO sense at all. Laughable. If you only knew.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,648,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Your anti-Toyota rants are silly and tiresome. You have previously shown you are a Nissan fan (guess where many Nissans are made).

I don't own a Toyota - but I know MANY who love them. Same with many Lexus owners.

For the last twenty years Toyota earned its reputation for quality and reliability. That's why people replace one boring Camry with another.

Toyota is having some problems now. They will surely fix them because their reputation and sales are at stake.

As for dealers - in my experience - every dealer that has a car people want has a good probability of displaying arrogance. But that is a dealer to dealer thing. The Honda dealers in Austin are very different from each other. The BMW dealer is obnoxious. The one Toyota dealer I shopped was indifferent.
If you find me silly and tiresome, then block me. I don't respond to people I find silly and tiresome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion