Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 PM

512 posts, read 1,435,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Just remembered this. There is a site w/ a live webcam from several different resorts in Cabo. One of the spots is looking out at Medano Beach and you can see all the little palapa's over the tables at the restaurants and bars below it.

Live Cabo San Lucas Webcams at Villa del Arco Resort

Gosh, looking at that makes me so ready to get back there.

Is this for your honeymoon? I saw the other thread. If so, CONGRATS!!!!

thanks for the cam, awesome!
yes, this is for our honeymoon! :-) thanks!

momof2dfw, thank you so much for all the info! that's awesome and SO helpful!

K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 06:20 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
thanks for the cam, awesome!
yes, this is for our honeymoon! :-) thanks!

momof2dfw, thank you so much for all the info! that's awesome and SO helpful!

K.
LOL Momof2dfw should be the travel coordinator for Cabo..she gave me the same tips last year and was right on the money

Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
As a snowbird (vacationing in winter in Mexico), I doubt Los Cabos is the ideal location temperature-wise, I guess it must be quite cool compared to Vallarta or Acapulco at the heart of winter (?)

Old 09-17-2010, 08:32 AM

512 posts, read 1,435,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
As a snowbird (vacationing in winter in Mexico), I doubt Los Cabos is the ideal location temperature-wise, I guess it must be quite cool compared to Vallarta or Acapulco at the heart of winter (?)
i did some research (you scared the SSSSS out of me!!!) and here's what i found on various reviews:

"In late November, look for high temperatures in the low 80s, with low temperatures in the low 60s. Bring a sweater and long pants for the late evening hours, but a swimsuit and shorts for the daytime. There is very little rain in November, Cabo averages about a half an inch for the month - expect plenty of sunshine!
Water temps that time of year are in the mid to high 70s - nice and warm - great for swimming and snorkeling, but starting to cool off a little bit after peaking near the mid-80s."

Phewwww!

Old 09-17-2010, 09:36 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Actually, the weather in Cabo is pretty nice and warm year round. They don't really have a "winter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie1234 View Post
i did some research (you scared the SSSSS out of me!!!) and here's what i found on various reviews:

"In late November, look for high temperatures in the low 80s, with low temperatures in the low 60s. Bring a sweater and long pants for the late evening hours, but a swimsuit and shorts for the daytime. There is very little rain in November, Cabo averages about a half an inch for the month - expect plenty of sunshine!
Water temps that time of year are in the mid to high 70s - nice and warm - great for swimming and snorkeling, but starting to cool off a little bit after peaking near the mid-80s."

Phewwww!

The weather in Cabo year round is GREAT! You are actually going at a very pleasant time and it won't be burning hot. It gets pretty hot in July and August. November, December, January are WONDERFUL there. It is warm enough to swim, lay out, etc. It does get a little cool at night if you are outside.

Cabo gets very little rain. It is a desert climate and very dry. It might rain 3-10 days there a year w/ the avg rainfall about 7-10" a year. They will get rain in the mountains and the run off comes down into that area. You will notice that the streets have very high curbs (be careful walking when you cross the street so as not to trip ) and this is to allow the water to run quickly and to not flood shops, houses, etc. Everything is dirt there except for the resorts and golf courses where they have planted grass, tropical plants and flowers, etc and they water them. Even the soccer fields are dirt (and you will see kids out there playing barefoot, lol). You won't be far from the soccer fields at all and will see them on your left as you head into Cabo from RIU Palace. The bullfight is on your right at that intersection.

Oh, the bull fight. It was fun w/ the kids and all but it was kind of lame. Not really a REAL bull fight. They do games w/ audience participation and the prizes are usually a bottle of beer. The price includes dinner before and it is all homemade and it is served in the parking lot beforehand.
One of our doctors goes there every December over Christmas and New Years for several weeks. It is AWESOME weather then.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:37 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
LOL Momof2dfw should be the travel coordinator for Cabo..she gave me the same tips last year and was right on the money
LOL!!! Glad I was able to help.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:14 AM

299 posts, read 1,132,553 times
Pros: The 1980's
Cons: Now

Either way, have a great time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel