Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:27 PM

38 posts, read 102,441 times

Advertisements

I have always been flying JetBlue the past several years. I have tried other, cheaper airlines such as Spirit but the experience is just horrible.

JetBlue has free TV/Sirius radio, more legroom than other similar airlines, and you can get several snacks/drinks if you want.

Has anyone flown JetBlue and another airline, and compared? I'm looking for other airlines similar to JetBlues value, considering price mostly.

I'm just sick of EVERY flight I take with them leaving late for various reasons. Other than that, I love JetBlue for cheap, nonstop flights.

p.s. I mainly fly back and forth from BOS to FLL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Check out Virgin America ... Dunno if they fly where you need to go but they also have their TV/entertainment system, plenty of leg room (in my opinion) and awesome mood lighting.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:52 PM

38 posts, read 102,441 times
I've heard good things about them, but they dont connect Boston to Fort Lauderdale.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:04 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,422,159 times
I am a frequent domestic flier and a big Jet Blue fan. Unfortunately, no other airline compares. I can go cheaper sometimes on Southwest but the seats are more cramped, no TVs, cattle call boarding process, etc. All of the legacy carriers suck as I am sure you know. I haven't found any domestic airline that comes close to JB. Unfortunately JB has limited nonstop destinations out of my home airport (Florida and Puerto Rico) so I can't use them as much as I'd like.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:32 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
SWA just offered a GREAT fall deal (for next 72 hrs for travel till 14 Nov) I LUV SWA (tho I have a million miles on UA and lots on Delta.) Very fast boarding and fun employees / CEO. I have never flown JetBlue. I don't venture east of Missouri River from May - Sept, but will certainly be touring the NE usa on SWA next fall. I fly to a hub and take lots of $49 flights to different destinations.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
SWA just offered a GREAT fall deal (for next 72 hrs for travel till 14 Nov) I LUV SWA (tho I have a million miles on UA and lots on Delta.) Very fast boarding and fun employees / CEO. I have never flown JetBlue. I don't venture east of Missouri River from May - Sept, but will certainly be touring the NE usa on SWA next fall. I fly to a hub and take lots of $49 flights to different destinations.
How does this work? I'm always looking for more affordable ways of flying ... As much as I love California, I always like to venture to the east coast but flights are outrageously priced ...

Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,422,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
How does this work? I'm always looking for more affordable ways of flying ... As much as I love California, I always like to venture to the east coast but flights are outrageously priced ...
You have to look at the specific deals on Southwest and see if they apply from your home airport. I know at my home airport, the only place I can ever get very cheap deals ($49 each way) is to BWI, as that is Southwest's east coast hub. Everywhere else will have fare sales but they are generally consistent with other non-legacy carriers like Jet Blue. Your experience will vary greatly depending on your home airport and destination.

The best way to get deals from SW is to sign up for promo emails on their website.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:46 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Yep,

Booked to BWI from West Coast on SWA ($139) for ~ 6 weeks
Side trips (during 6 wks) to BOS and Spartanburg, SC @ $60 OW each

Rental cars in each location for ~ $12/ day.
Guesthomes and family / friends = 6 weeks lodging for $400.
Food = ~ $10/ day MAX (shop / eat via grocery / farm stands, + one meal (or more) at guesthomes)

6 wks of GREAT / diverse USA travel for ~ $1200-$1500 (that's cheaper than staying home )

(hint: when on SWA booking site use the option LOW FARE CALENDER, that gives you a snapshot of least expensive days of the month)

Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Yep,

Booked to BWI from West Coast on SWA ($139) for ~ 6 weeks
Side trips (during 6 wks) to BOS and Spartanburg, SC @ $60 OW each

Rental cars in each location for ~ $12/ day.
Guesthomes and family / friends = 6 weeks lodging for $400.
Food = ~ $10/ day MAX (shop / eat via grocery / farm stands, + one meal (or more) at guesthomes)

6 wks of GREAT / diverse USA travel for ~ $1200-$1500 (that's cheaper than staying home )

(hint: when on SWA booking site use the option LOW FARE CALENDER, that gives you a snapshot of least expensive days of the month)
Thanks for the info ... Unfortunately, I cannot get away for an extended vacation and don't have relatives out that way to bunk with. It might work better when I'm retired but for now ... I just have to pay plane fare per trip.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Jet Blue is certainly the best choice. How often do you fly? Like how many flights a year? If it is in the 20-25 range or even a little less I would always tell someone to consider sticking with one airline, especially a legacy carrier like Delta, United or American for the mileage and travel benefits.

If you fly a few times a year Jet Blue is great, I enjoy their service, tv and snacks etc.. Between Boston and the Miami area unless you want to fly American I see no other better option. Spirit is an airline I don't enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel