Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 07:26 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,828,450 times

Advertisements

I loved Curacao....just a pretty place. ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 07:59 PM

28,109 posts, read 30,014,156 times
Just thought of another very pleasant surprise: St. Paul de Vence, an incredible little village in the Provence area of France.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:12 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,267,317 times
The cote D'azur in France.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
The cote D'azur in France.
I never even realized it was possible for water to be that blue.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:29 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,467,352 times
most of Utah... I really love that state and wasn't expecting it.

Los Angeles. Everyone talks about how much they hate it and how awful it is, but I love it.

Paris. Maybe an obviously great place, but I never had any burning desire to go to France. When some friends forced me to go, I really loved it.

Tucson, Arizona. Kind of a ramshackle mini mall dustbowl desert, but I like it anyway.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times
I'd say places I remember on road trips with parents and when younger over the years. I got a love for taking the back roads from my parents. I love find the surprises I never would have thought of in doing so. Nice now to have the time to do them in best of weather. I love history so its easy to look up history in the path you take.

Old 04-30-2015, 06:30 PM

6,622 posts, read 6,557,302 times
Tuscany Italy for me. I never dreamed of going to Italy. It just wasn't on my bucket list, but our niece got married there a few years ago and I fell in love with it.

When we found out her wedding wasn't on the Tuscan coast, I was so disappointed and wondered what was the big deal about getting married in a place not on the ocean?

Was I in for a surprise! The wedding took place at an ancient, newly decorated castle on a hill, surrounded by breathtaking vistas of beautiful valleys and vineyards all around us. The meal was served on a terrace at twilight, with hundreds of tea lights set everywhere on the steps, rock walls, and all over the tables. It was the most romantic setting for a wedding I've ever seen. Photos just cannot do it justice. You don't get the distance and atmosphere of the beauty.

After the wedding, we had only 3 days to drive up to Munich to fly home, so we didn't have time to stop and take in many sights.I want to go back to Italy and explore the small towns and villages

Old 04-30-2015, 07:59 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,620,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
That's good to know about Dubrovnik, Katzpur. Dubrovnik is the first port of call on a cruise my boyfriend and I have booked for this fall.

I visited Europe for the first time two years ago. We spent the first four nights in Brussels, Belgium. I knew I'd like it, since it was my first trip to Europe and all, but Belgium far exceeded even my high expectations. What a lovely city, and so much to do and see! I could easily go back and spend a week in Belgium. The citizens were friendly and welcoming, the food was scrumptious and the sights were breathtaking. While in Belgium, we also spent time in Bruges and Ghent. I want to go back to Belgium!

My three travel companions were all experienced world travelers, and all were smitten with Belgium as well.

Grand Place, Brussels

Brussels with PJ and our friends was awesome! We all would like to return to Belgium someday. It was a very nice surprise.

I also highly recommend Salzburg. I was there with a friend 8 years ago and really liked it.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
most of Utah... I really love that state and wasn't expecting it.
Thank you from a native Utahn! (I think I'm going to take that personally.)

Old 04-30-2015, 09:35 PM

14,423 posts, read 14,344,428 times
I found Ireland to be an amazing country. Some of the highlights for me were Galway and Antrim. Hauntingly beautiful is the way I would describe both. Just touring Dublin though was exceptionally pleasant.

Australia is large and an incredible country. The Australian people are some of the most nice and down to earth folks I've ever met. In some ways, I think Australia is more like America than even Canada is. Imagine my surprise at watching Kangaroos in the wild go hopping up a hill.

New Zealand. The whole country is beautiful enough to be a national park. The Bay of Islands country up north is pristine. You can even take a bus tour where the bus drives along the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel