Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst Airport?
LAX (Los Angeles Int'l) 16 35.56%
IAD (Washington Dulles Int'l) 3 6.67%
EWR (Newark Liberty Int'l) 13 28.89%
ATL (Hartsfield-Jackson (Int'l) 13 28.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 01:55 AM

63 posts, read 53,028 times

Advertisements

Best: Atlanta and London.
Worst: NYC and LAX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 07:53 AM

380 posts, read 431,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Try Fort Lauderdale just after a couple of large cruise ships have disembarked
I hear ya! I think I've been lucky with my departure times in relation to it matching up with a cruise.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:09 AM

24,299 posts, read 13,145,198 times
Best US major: MEM when NW was based there (great BBQ), DFW (a lot of people hate it but it's logically arranged and Terminal D is very nice)

Smaller US: Tucson (TUS) and OKC (both are simple), and Ontario (ONT) is a huge improvement over the old airport.

Really Small: Traverse City (TVC) and Lawton (LAW), the latter of which is one gate, and has a Korean restaurant and courteous and professional TSA agents.

As for not-so-good, I found Burbank (BUR) to be old, cramped and decrepit. San Diego's security is poorly designed as if it were an afterthought, likely the changes took place after 9-11 and they had just finished a remodel. Sacramento was that way the last time I was there in 2010 but I understand they're improving, and Hato (Curacao) was downright 3rd World. Oh, and as mentioned a lot in here... London Heathrow... ugh.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:25 PM

82 posts, read 88,448 times
Favorite: Denver or Dallas-Ft. Worth
Least Favorite: Philadelphia

I've had great experiences at both Denver airport (where I live) and at DFW airport-where I've transferred through several times.

Philadelphia has possibly the worst airport staff I have ever experienced. I flew through the international airport in Philadelphia for a study abroad trip. If I were to book the same trip, I would do an extra leg or two internationally just to avoid Philadelphia airport. The staff is rude, obnoxious and all around unpleasant.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:53 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,048 times
[quote=Mandalorian;40924327]Worst EVER was London Heathrow. Had to take a bus between terminals in 95 degree heat jammed in with 100 other people.

Really? 95 in London? What terrible luck.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:24 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
No one has mentioned them, but I love flying Sun Country. They are always friendly, very rarely late, and the service is great. When you fly out of MSP, which is their hub, you leave terminal two so none of the parking/traffic headaches. Worst airline, hands down, United. UAL=Usually Arrives Late. Worst airport, Lambert. Looks like the last update was done in 1979. No good food and traffic sucks.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:28 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,995,194 times
My favorite is Albuquerque's International Sunport. This is partly due to the art with a Native American theme. The most important reason is that it is a relatively small airport.

Old 01-15-2016, 07:36 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineDreams View Post
Favorite: Denver or Dallas-Ft. Worth
Least Favorite: Philadelphia

I've had great experiences at both Denver airport (where I live) and at DFW airport-where I've transferred through several times.

Philadelphia has possibly the worst airport staff I have ever experienced. I flew through the international airport in Philadelphia for a study abroad trip. If I were to book the same trip, I would do an extra leg or two internationally just to avoid Philadelphia airport. The staff is rude, obnoxious and all around unpleasant.
+1 on Philly. It's easily the worst staff of any airport in the world. O'Hare is #2 on my loathed list.

The non-California desert airports all tend to be hassle-free. No weather delays will do that for you. Vegas. Reno. Phoenix. ABQ.

I'm in Denver a lot. I don't like the rental car setup. With a brand-new airport, I'd expect rental cars to be in a garage co-located with the terminal instead of a wait for a shuttle bus and a 10 minute ride. Security is also painful at peak periods if you don't have elite status with an airline where you can shortcut the line. Other than that, it's a very good airport.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:06 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
My son just flew into and out of Newark Liberty Airport. No real problems except a lousy traffic feed into Terminal C. I wanted to wait with my car in the Cell Phone Waiting Area. Problem being that the traffic jam to move the last 20 yards was about 20 minutes, so I couldn't reliably drive 2 miles away to wait remotely.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:53 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,532,532 times
So far of the ones I've been to:

Best: Munich, Germany
Honorable Mention: Johannesburg, South Africa

Worst: Sanaa, Yemen
Dishonorable Mention: Cairo, Egypt

Favorite Domestic: Hartsfield-Jackson-Many hate it but it's my "home" airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel