Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst Airport?
LAX (Los Angeles Int'l) 16 35.56%
IAD (Washington Dulles Int'l) 3 6.67%
EWR (Newark Liberty Int'l) 13 28.89%
ATL (Hartsfield-Jackson (Int'l) 13 28.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:42 PM

66 posts, read 88,053 times

Advertisements

I have been to many airports and so far IND (Indianapolis) and RDU (Raleigh-Durham) are the best airports that I have been to due to their simple design and great dining and shopping options. The worst airport that I have been to is LAX due to how old it is and the crowded and confusing interior. Please tell me your favorite and least favorite airports and why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 08:48 PM

153 posts, read 194,762 times
I like RDU, and whatever the one in Denver is named... Hate Dulles, Hartsfield, and Reagan.

I do not fly much though, I think those are the only ones I have flown into or out of more then once.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:02 PM

Ok thanks. I am planning a trip and some of the major airports I haven't been too and I want to know which airports to stay away from.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:09 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
LAX and Atlanta are the worst I've experienced. All the airports in Hawaii except Kona are the best by far.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:15 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
I had a ball at the Mos Eisley Cantina outside the spaceport on Tatooine, until that dude whacked that feller's arm off.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:22 PM

142 posts, read 223,682 times
Hate LGA, because for some reason my departure gate is always in some small, dark little hallway with nothing to do while my flight is inevitably delayed.

I like Hartford bc it's bright and clean.

There's one airport, I think it's Detroit, that has this really neat underground walkway that goes from one terminal to another. The walls are lit up all the way through, and the lights change color and they play this neat, relaxing music and it makes me feel like I'm underwater. Hard to describe, but it's really cool.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:24 PM

The Maui airport is nice and Honolulu had a lot of shopping options, but it seemed a bit old. I would imagine that airports like ATL and LAX would be nice considering almost every layover I've ever had were at those airports. I have been told that airports in NYC are horrible because of delays, but I've never been to one. Is it true?

Old 08-18-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeverlyBrown View Post
Hate LGA, because for some reason my departure gate is always in some small, dark little hallway with nothing to do while my flight is inevitably delayed.

I like Hartford bc it's bright and clean.

There's one airport, I think it's Detroit, that has this really neat underground walkway that goes from one terminal to another. The walls are lit up all the way through, and the lights change color and they play this neat, relaxing music and it makes me feel like I'm underwater. Hard to describe, but it's really cool.
Yes that airport is brand new and I recently had a layover there and that airport is awesome. Also I would like to ask what airlines are your guys favorite?

Old 08-18-2015, 09:30 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
TPA is the best so far. My wife travels the country for a living and she feels TPA is in the top two for sure.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:39 PM

I have heard great things about Tampa Airport but I've never had a layover there that far down south. I do wish RDU was a hub for a major airline. Preferably Delta because they are one of my favorite airlines. Aren't hub airports cheaper to fly out of than smaller airports? I am going to Palm Springs in a few months and it was cheaper to fly to LAX rather than PSP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel