Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 11:24 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Ha. It was. We spent a week cruising around the other islands, and then a week on Bora Bora. After day 3 or 4 it was Boring Boring.

I wish we spent more than one day on Moorea.
I went on a cruise with my wife that took us to the main island of Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Moorea. There is a lot of natural beauty in those islands, but after we were done we honestly felt that if we wanted to see an island in the Pacific that the Hawaiian Islands had everything we really needed.

I can't imagine spending more than just a short time on those islands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 04:05 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
@ Anesthesia : so I guess if you overstay in Bora Bora it's a case of Boring Boring !
Do you mean Tora Bora in Afghanistan? Nice place, lots of natural beauty. Osama like it enough he hung out there in 2001 when we were "looking" for him.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:08 AM

2,611 posts, read 2,882,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I went on a cruise with my wife that took us to the main island of Tahiti, Bora Bora, and Moorea. There is a lot of natural beauty in those islands, but after we were done we honestly felt that if we wanted to see an island in the Pacific that the Hawaiian Islands had everything we really needed.

Hawaii doesn't have the turquoise lagoon water of Bora Bora or Moorea

Old 08-17-2017, 01:24 PM

209 posts, read 417,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post

Well as my grandmother used to say, "It wouldn't do for us to all be alike." We've been to Moorea & Huahine several times and preferred it over Hawaii. Hawaii was too touristy for us.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:46 PM

337 posts, read 276,562 times
The Amalfi Coast. I kept my mouth shut in Italy about this... Although beautiful it reminds me of La Jolla except with Italian voices instead of English voices. No reason to return. Overran with tourists too. Took my pictures, walked around, got a drink, and was done.

I read the last few posts about Hawaii. I actually looked into Thailand (for a beach vacation with snorkeling) due to some flights actually being cheaper than Hawaii which is my go to place to snorkel daily and just relax (Maui or the Big Island). Coming from CA flying out of LAX, most inexpensive flights are over 20 hours going to Thailand, and usually over 18 hours long returning from Thailand. For the flights going there you can fly out on a red eye on Friday, and not arrive until the afternoon on Sunday. That's just to Bangkok too... You want to go to a different city not that close, add on fight time on another airline or take a long ferry. Sure you will save $$$ in a place like Thailand over Hawaii but do that many people want to spend 4 days of their vacation just flying assuming you get less than 2 weeks off? I would rather spend more $$$ and fly less than 6 hours each way to Hawaii. I've met a few Brits who told me in Thailand you are more likely to meet Brits and Australians than actually Thai people.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankhunt42 View Post
The Amalfi Coast. I kept my mouth shut in Italy about this... Although beautiful it reminds me of La Jolla except with Italian voices instead of English voices. No reason to return. Overran with tourists too. Took my pictures, walked around, got a drink, and was done.

I have to disagree. The cliff is so much more dramatic. The towns are so beautiful and romantic. Nothing in US or even the world that look like Positano. La Jolla? You must be joking!

Old 08-18-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
I have to disagree. The cliff is so much more dramatic. The towns are so beautiful and romantic. Nothing in US or even the world that look like Positano. La Jolla? You must be joking!
The towns are overrun with tourists and souvenir shops.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankhunt42 View Post
The towns are overrun with tourists and souvenir shops.
The scenery is epic. It is overrun by tourists for a reason.

Old 08-19-2017, 02:37 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
I suppose it depends on one's frame of reference; the coldest month is February with an average daily low of 64 degrees. The all time low recorded in Bermuda was 44 degrees. Cold?
But Bermuda is not warm in a tropical sense.

It is warm in winter for 33N but can not compare to winters in Carribean islands
actually in the tropics, like Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad, etc.

The february average low in Bernuda might be about 64 but the average high is only about 68,
very low diurnal range.

I only visited Bermuda once (in winter) and caught a cold while there,
unlikely to ever revisit.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
The scenery is epic. It is overrun by tourists for a reason.
Eh many places are overrun with tourists.... Doesn't make it wonderful just because it's crowded. I'm not apologizing because you disagree with me as it seems you want me to say I was wrong for thinking a place wasn't as great as people told me it would be. Have a great weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel