Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2017, 12:28 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times

Advertisements

As summer is here, the ides to pack it up , and drive out hits home. I have visited a few broadwalk areas, apart from ny, nj, such as Ocean City MD, Virginia Beach VA, Myrtle Beach SC, Hilton Head SC, Hollywood Beach, Fl.

Can anyone recommend a few more? I would like to try something new with the family. We enjoy this environment because we can stroll in the evening, or take a walk/bike during non beach time, there is usually a strip for shopping, eating, just looking. Keeps us active, and reminds us this is what a good old American Beach should be like.

So I would like to get a good list of places that are good to go to , on a road trip, with families. I would also like to stick with the east coast, and the gulf coast of Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 08:02 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,962,533 times
Have you visited Rehoboth Beach in DE? It's family friendly and has a nice boardwalk. It's our favorite beach.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:14 AM

401 posts, read 427,103 times
Not too many boardwalks except for North Rustico but a lot of beaches to check out which are not crowded. If you like lighthouses, seafood, miles and miles of walking, bike trails, warm water and music check out Prince Edward Island in Canada.

Check out this fantastic aerial video of the many PEI beaches
PEI Beaches Video Guide app connects tourists with Island beaches - Prince Edward Island - CBC News

Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
We missed out our trip to rehobooth, de last year. How are those factory outlets nearby?

Old 07-12-2017, 09:02 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,962,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
We missed out our trip to rehobooth, de last year. How are those factory outlets nearby?
I bought our kids shoes from the Crocs outlet 7 years ago. I couldn't tell you if was a bargain or not other than we didn't have to pay sales tax. We live near an outlet mall in NC so we don't go to them when on vacation unless we really need something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel