Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times

Advertisements

Did you go to court, lose and not pay? Not show up for court? I can't say I really understand your situation.. how exactly was this case not dropped? On top of that... it is never a good idea to have outstanding payments in your name no matter what the story or situation is. Take care of your **** because everything comes back to bit you in the butt.

In reguards to this, are you flying out of Arizona? I doubt they'd take you in because say you have a warrant for your arrest in Arizona, they aren't going to take you to jail in FLA if you get a speeding ticket there and they run your name.. so I can't imagine customs taking you in and sending you to an Arizona jail for only a misdemeanor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 09:14 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
In reguards to this, are you flying out of Arizona? I doubt they'd take you in because say you have a warrant for your arrest in Arizona, they aren't going to take you to jail in FLA if you get a speeding ticket there and they run your name.. so I can't imagine customs taking you in and sending you to an Arizona jail for only a misdemeanor
A good point, although not sure if quite the same as ICE is Federal so if they're going to detain someone for one state they might be just as likely to do it for another, neither one is their warrant.

They do have an amazing amount of information when they swipe that passport, I've had them ask where I went to college before then nod when I answered as if they had that somewhere on the screen and had just gotten the right answer.

Look at it this way: it will NEVER go away. You might as well deal with it before your trip, or before it catches you in a way you don't expect when seeking employment etc.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:38 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
yes they will know and yes you will be stopped and detained. but if the jurisdiction issuing the warrant wont extrdite, they will release you. this could be hours or days later. but since the op hasn't posted in a long time, chances are he threw the dice and is now bunk mates with bubba.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 7,152 times
i also have a outstanding warrent for a shop lifting charge... so i guess i can say bye to my trip to mexico... if i were to get it all taken care of and just have the charge on my record think ill be able to go??

Old 08-26-2010, 12:29 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Take care of the warrant and you should be fine.

Again, it won't go away, deal with it first it is more important than any vacation. Do you really want to worry about getting pulled over for a broken taillight on the way to the grocery store and being arrested for warrant while your car is towed away? It's like an anvil attached to your ankle man.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel