Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 08:01 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,883,377 times

Advertisements

Any recommendation for tour companies that offer this itinerary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 09:36 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
I doubt you will find one company for all three, for what should be obvious reasons.
Egypt deserves it's own distinct visit separate from the other countries in my opinion unless you have a good month or so. So much to see there. It's been several years for me in Egypt but I will try to look up the company I used.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:40 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
There are a few companies that do all three. But IMO you should choose what you want to see in each country in order to get the correct package. Personally I'd choose individual tours rather than a AIO package.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:49 AM

I saw multiple tour companies offer the the 3 on the web and I do like their itineraries. Just want to see if anybody has taken such similar trips.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:30 PM

3,263 posts, read 5,003,187 times
Once when I was staying in Israel for several months, I booked a bus tour from Tel Aviv to Cairo for about 3 or 4 days. I booked it just by walking into a travel agency in Tel Aviv. I enjoyed the tour, and found the Egyptian people very friendly. But that was in 1984, and I really wouldn't feel safe going to Egypt these days.

Never been to Jordan, though.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:10 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
I saw multiple tour companies offer the the 3 on the web and I do like their itineraries. Just want to see if anybody has taken such similar trips.
I stand corrected! Many of the Arab countries still won't allow travel if the passports have Israeli stamps (Saudi Arabia and Lebanon among them). Some of my business colleagues carry two passports for this reason.

Jordan and Egypt are not among these countries, relations are relatively good with Israel. My first time to Egypt (decades ago, i've been back since) you couldn't even travel from Cairo to Israel, we had to fly up to Turkey I think it was and take another flight.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I stand corrected! Many of the Arab countries still won't allow travel if the passports have Israeli stamps (Saudi Arabia and Lebanon among them). Some of my business colleagues carry two passports for this reason.

Jordan and Egypt are not among these countries, relations are relatively good with Israel. My first time to Egypt (decades ago, i've been back since) you couldn't even travel from Cairo to Israel, we had to fly up to Turkey I think it was and take another flight.
Crossing border from Jordan to Israel is very common. Tons of company doing day trips to ISrael from Jordan.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:35 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
I have not taken this tour but I have traveled with this company and they are stellar. https://www.gadventures.com/trips/mi...-journey/DPCT/

Old 11-01-2018, 06:29 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Crossing border from Jordan to Israel is very common. Tons of company doing day trips to ISrael from Jordan.
Yep, and the other way around. You can book a tour in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem that leaves in the morning and hits both Petra and Wadi Rum in same day, or overnight ones that include stuff up near Amman like Jerash.

Either way both Israel and Jordan are fairly easy to do independently and we had no problems crossing from Israel into Jordan. We just took a taxi from downtown Aqaba to the border, crossed over, caught another bus to Eilat, then another bus to Jerusalem. The Jordan stamp does generate a bit more interest when leaving Israel at BG Airport but it's no big deal just a few bonus questions about what you did there and whether you have relatives in Jordan.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,783,775 times
Egypt has made it virtually impossible to travel directly from Egypt to Israel by air, and do NOT do it by tourist bus - you are a sitting duck for terrorist attacks on the Egyptian side of the border. About 5 yrs ago, terrorists in Sinai blew up a bus filled with Korean Christian tourists who were waiting at the Egyptian side of the border for Egypt to let them exit to Israel. It was a horrible bloodbath, and Egypt wouldn't let Israeli rescue crews in the few feet to evacuate the Korean victims to the very close by, well-equipped, first-world hospital in Eilat.

On the other hand, travel between Israel and Jordan is much easier, with the ability to cross at two points, in a way that does not make you as vulnerable to attacks, and in any event, the risk of attack is much lower there, at least at this time.

But all three countries should be visited. The best thing to see in Jordan is Petra. It is incredible, an absolute must. But it can be easily added on to a visit to Israel, with a two day one night trip from Eilat. It's worth going for two day, and seeing the entire site, and adding on Wadi Rum.

Egypt and Israel are each worth ten day visits, there is so much to see and do in both. If I were you, I would make two separate trips - one to Egypt, and another to Israel, with a side trip to Petra built into the Israel itinerary.

If you go on trip advisor, you can get a wealth of advice on their travel forum from both locals and frequent visitors.

For Egypt, I would get a well-recommended private guide, with a private car, for the entire trip, and go as a couple, or as one family, or as two couples. Dress modestly and sedately, and travel in as small a group as possible. Do NOT tour Egypt on a package tour in a large bus. That bus is a siren call for terrorist attacks. Plus, if your guide is good, you will have a very interesting and informative trip. 7-10 days, if you can. There's enough to keep you busy for two weeks, if you like.

Israel can be done on one's own, with a rental car, hiring guides where you want. WAZE was invented in Israel, works well there. (There are actually more WAZE voice choices in Hebrew than in English!) Or you can get a guide who drives you, too. There is an incredible amount to see and do in Israel - even without adding in Petra, it merits two weeks. Certainly, with Petra, two weeks is best.

Going to all three countries in one trip would probably be best handled by flying to a hub in Europe, then a trip to Egypt, then back to the hub, then from there to Israel and Jordan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel