Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 04:21 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times

Advertisements

The ride won't be 28 minutes. Rather, Disney is smartly designing most major attractions, now, with one or two pre-show elements. The entire time of all the pre-show plus the ride itself will be 28 minutes. The ride will be substantially shorter.

A recent new attraction, Flight of Passage, takes 15-20 minutes including all its pre-show elements, but you only ride the banshee for several minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 03:03 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttark View Post
Considering that most TV shows today are actually around 18 to 20 minutes when you take into account the increasingly long commercial breaks...
true, hopefully they stop the ride every 7 minutes and try and sell you something or show you pictures of animals that need our help.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:16 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
This will be the third time we've gone back to Disney to ride the Avatar ride that has 3+ hour waits. I can't even get Fast Passes 60 days out even though we are staying on property.

I expect Galaxy's Edge Star Wars to be much, much worse. Not looking forward to this.

Leave me at Trader Sams.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:16 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
This will be the third time we've gone back to Disney to ride the Avatar ride that has 3+ hour waits. I can't even get Fast Passes 60 days out even though we are staying on property.
I guess I got really lucky! I've got my FP for April 2. I had no idea people were having a hard time getting FP for that one!

My sister and her kids were there in December, and that ride was all they could talk about. They said there was a long wait, but it was absolutely worth it, and apparently the queue has some interactive segments that made a big difference.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:29 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,372,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
They said there was a long wait, but it was absolutely worth it, and apparently the queue has some interactive segments that made a big difference.
We waited around 2 hours for Flight of Passage.

Worth. Every. Minute!

It is currently the best ride in all of WDW.

The queue winds through sections with a great deal of Disney imagineering. It's very well done. There's a few interactive elements along the way too. I wouldn't say it makes a BIG difference, but it does help. It's still a very long wait.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:30 PM

1,517 posts, read 991,344 times
Quote:
It's a Small World and Spaceship Earth are 15 minutes,
Thank the gods for noise-blocking headphones or that 15 minutes or so would have been some of the longest, most tormented hours of my life if I didn't shoot myself in the head first.

Look, I have a lot of respect for the Brothers Sherman as film musicians (I mean, they *did* write a lot of the soundtrack of my childhood) but they seriously should have had their contracts terminated and songwriting privileges revoked after writing that repetitive music. Gughhh.

Quote:
true, hopefully they stop the ride every 7 minutes and try and sell you something or show you pictures of animals that need our help.
Nah, it'll be all class-action settlements and drugs with so many side effects you're just better off having the disease.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:58 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I expect Galaxy's Edge Star Wars to be much, much worse. Not looking forward to this.
I'm hoping that SWGE will help reduce the demand for FoP.

Pipe dream.

If anything it'll do the opposite, since those extra people coming to see SWGE will end up heading to Pandora the next day.

Sigh.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:17 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,247,757 times
Going to Disneyland in August and im hoping all the demand over in Star Wars will leave the rest of the park empty!

We went to Disney World Thanksgiving 2017 right after Avatar opened. We managed to get Fast Passes and rider swaps. IT was a fantastic ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel