Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 09:46 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,349,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
I think I’d be more worried with the tail end of the horse in front of me — oh wait, that was my last flight on United in coach.
Ah, somebody else who believes that United sucks. Welcome, brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 11:47 AM

2,040 posts, read 4,558,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Although this makes sense, doesn’t practicality mean anything now? How does a horse—even a tiny one—sit in a seat, and what about its bare butt being on a seat? Ugh. Do they remove its seat next to the disabled person? Honestly, I wouldn’t care about a tiny horse sitting on the floor in front of me as long as it didn’t take up more than the normal room and it didn’t pee or poop.
Horses don't sit so it's butt would never be on a seat. It would, however, need enough open space on the floor to stand. Removing the seat like you said would be a great compromise but are seats in a plane easily removed?

Old 02-21-2020, 12:29 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,705,852 times
This "pet store in the sky" thing has gotten out of hand. If you're too mentally unstable to fly just stay home. No more Pets in the Air thing...it's rude and selfish.

Old 02-21-2020, 01:15 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,818,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
This "pet store in the sky" thing has gotten out of hand. If you're too mentally unstable to fly just stay home. No more Pets in the Air thing...it's rude and selfish.
We fly a lot and I have more problems with children flying then I do with pets.
I've seen animals getting on the plane. Sat next to one once but have never had a problem with one.
Kids, that's a completely different story.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:12 PM

10,366 posts, read 8,001,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
In this case, the animal in question is not a pet. It's a legitimate service animal, not an "emotional support" animal.

Old 02-21-2020, 07:23 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,087,229 times
I am one of the biggest animal lovers I know.
Chickens,dogs,reptiles,one cat, large macaw, couple of Monster sized tortious’s, 10 bee hives and I am surrounded by wild live where we live.

I am not an animal hater by any means but I just can’t stand someone that insists on blessing me with the presence of their animals.
Makes me cringe.

If I paid for first class airfare and I sat next to a horse that did a went potty I might spew a venomous
greeting to this person if I felt they truly did not need the help of a service animal and damn them for putting me in that situation.

I’ve rode on busses in third world countries that had passengers with their livestock with them.
I loved it and felt blessed to share their culture with them.

This first world entitled lollipop culture that uses loopholes is just wrong.
It is cuss worthy.

I am totally fine if people need help and she might actually need help (who knows?) but there is that thing telling me that “we are being scammed” more so than not when I see or hear of this.

G’day.

Old 02-22-2020, 01:09 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,600,538 times
What happens when the horse does what horses tend to do? An interesting side note, this size of horse is about the same as Eohippus, the first horse, many millions of years ago.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...7/Eohippus.jpg

Old 02-22-2020, 09:52 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What happens when the horse does what horses tend to do? An interesting side note, this size of horse is about the same as Eohippus, the first horse, many millions of years ago.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...7/Eohippus.jpg
It is the size and weight of a large dog or small human. If it behaves and is a legitimate service animal—NOT an emotional crutch—a little startling, yeah, but probably fine.

A strange scenario comes to my mind. One of an entire plane filled with alternating seats of service animals and humans.Hmmmmm.

Old 02-22-2020, 01:01 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,818,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
A strange scenario comes to my mind. One of an entire plane filled with alternating seats of service animals and humans.Hmmmmm.
Could be a new business opportunity.
Old MacDonald's Airline.
Ee I ee I oh!

Old 02-22-2020, 03:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,346,879 times
I wonder if I could bring a Michigan woman on a flight as MY service animal...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel