Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 07:57 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times

Advertisements

Here are my travel plans between May 1st - Sept. 5th, 2022. I wish I could fit Las Vegas in there somewhere but alas, Vegas will have to wait until later in the year, God willing

Albuquerque, NM
Santa Fe, NM
Taos, NM (will be my first time visiting)
Denver, CO
Columbus, GA
Pensacola, FL
Dustin, FL or Panama City, FL
Orlando, FL
Lake George, NY
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada (will be my first time visiting!)

Where are you planning to visit during the summer months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2022, 10:17 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
May 1st we arrived in Cancun. From there:

Miami, FL
Sarasota, FL
Tampa, FL
Jacksonville, FL
Miami, FL
Austin, TX
Los Angeles, CA
San Luis Obispo, CA
San Francisco, CA
Portland, OR
Denver, CO
Atlanta, GA
Birmingham, AL
Atlanta, GA
Savannah, GA
Jacksonville, FL
Taipei, Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Toronto, Ontario, Canada (will be my first time visiting!)
Have fun!! Great city, especially in the summer

Old 05-13-2022, 10:43 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Going back to NYC in August. I feel like I will be flying into a gas chamber with the Covid uptick.

Old 05-14-2022, 04:02 AM

401 posts, read 426,803 times
Prince Edward Island for a month, a beautiful place in the summer. Red sand beaches, cool temperatures, wonderful locals, amazing seafood ie lobster, muscles, not crowded, amazing folk music, over the top scenery, so looking forward to the trip.

Old 05-14-2022, 04:40 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,519,378 times
Just back from a couple weeks at Hilton Head. Next up...
Finger Lakes area NY,
Ottawa, Ca
Montreal
Quebec City
Barcelona
Paris and/or
London

Old 05-14-2022, 06:47 AM

227 posts, read 856,367 times
Those of you traveling overseas, are you worried about a covid test before boarding? We are hesitant due to being stuck in a foreign city for up to 21 days.

Old 05-14-2022, 07:21 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Wow some of you folks have some serious itineraries laid out!

Old 05-14-2022, 08:36 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,519,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgerider View Post
Those of you traveling overseas, are you worried about a covid test before boarding? We are hesitant due to being stuck in a foreign city for up to 21 days.
We're fully faxed and double boosted. We investigate the most current Covid rules for each location and if a test is required we get it. If it's required for exit, we get it. We also get traveler/medical insurance to cover trip cancellation.

Frankly, I would rather be stuck in many overseas locations than being stuck at home!

Old 05-14-2022, 09:43 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
Maybe short road trips? MN is where people come for vacation in the summertime. We do most of our long distance travel the other seasons.

I'd like to camp in the woods over by the Mississippi and take a couple of long tube rides on the Cannon River. Visit a State Park where you can dig for fossils, Perhaps visit Taylor Falls area and up around Lutsen/Lake Superior. "Up north."

We have a lot of good lakes within twenty miles and can drive out for a weekend any time. Just outside of town we have two different spring-fed abandoned gravel pits with natural sand bottoms and wildlife/plants that are good places to spend a hot summer day.

Our back yard is planted to bloom all season and we have a small bubbling pond. I'll be enjoying trips in the country to view scenery and the changing wildflower scene on my motorcycle. And there are many historic sites in the area to visit.

So Southern Mn is a good place to have a staycation.

We may drive over to WI to visit Door County, a place we haven't been. We'll visit a lavender farm, pick some cherries, enjoy a fish boil and stop on the way at a few small cheese factories and Scandinavian bakeries. Maybe eat a pasty or two.

Old 05-14-2022, 10:24 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Southeast Alaska cruise coming up soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel