Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 09:12 AM

1,153 posts, read 3,605,759 times

Advertisements

any suggestions....want to see county cork because of ancestory but want to experience various attractions too....what airport to fly into? and an area to stay where it's convenient too.....considering going to london too! help.....if i could narrow down a town/area to stay in that would be a great start! thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 06:21 PM

194 posts, read 408,809 times
I will try & help as much as I can. My brother owns a house in Bantry which is on the southwest coast. We have been there twice & I can tell you what we liked. First if you are coming from the states Shannon is the closest airport but you can fly out of the Cork airport to get to London.

The City of Cork is very nice with lots to do & very bustling although not a very large city by American standards. Cobh is the seaport near the city of Cork and had alot of historical aspects to it that we loved. This was the main embarkation point for the migrants coming to North America as well as the closest seaport to where the Lusitania was sunk during WW1.

Kinsale is a seaport town close to Cork city that is a must see. Great restaurants & very pretty seaside area.

I will post more later but what parts are you interested in as far as your ancestory goes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel