Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 01:32 AM

7 posts, read 7,010 times

Advertisements

BERNIE: It's clear that inmate was not happy with Colette's third pregnancy, so he decided to do everything he could to avoid being home. This involved playing basketball after work, moonlighting jobs and making plans to hook-up with his high school girlfriend. The latter issue demonstrates inmate's utter disregard for his family. He knows that his wife almost lost her life giving birth to Kristen, yet his focus is serving his own personal pleasures.

It got worse AFTER he murdered his family. While confined to his quarters at Fort Bragg, he had a sexual relationship with a local woman and the Kassab's quarters were within shouting distance of this mass murderer. Once he moved to California, he was like a kid in a candy store. At the Grand Jury hearings, he claimed he slept with 30 women from 1963-1974. He ended that bragging session by stating that none of those relationships meant anything and that he still missed his family.

I agree that this is the most fascinating true crime story of all-time. Not only is it the most litigated murder case in history, it has something for every true crime buff. Charismatic leading man, mass of forensic evidence, 9 trips to the appellate courts, justice sought by the victims family, CID and FBI involvement, etc., etc.

Moderator cut: link removed, please read our terms of service

Last edited by Yac; 02-02-2017 at 01:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 05:36 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,472,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murtagh21 View Post
BERNIE: It's clear that inmate was not happy with Colette's third pregnancy, so he decided to do everything he could to avoid being home. This involved playing basketball after work, moonlighting jobs and making plans to hook-up with his high school girlfriend. The latter issue demonstrates inmate's utter disregard for his family. He knows that his wife almost lost her life giving birth to Kristen, yet his focus is serving his own personal pleasures.

It got worse AFTER he murdered his family. While confined to his quarters at Fort Bragg, he had a sexual relationship with a local woman and the Kassab's quarters were within shouting distance of this mass murderer. Once he moved to California, he was like a kid in a candy store. At the Grand Jury hearings, he claimed he slept with 30 women from 1963-1974. He ended that bragging session by stating that none of those relationships meant anything and that he still missed his family.

I agree that this is the most fascinating true crime story of all-time. Not only is it the most litigated murder case in history, it has something for every true crime buff. Charismatic leading man, mass of forensic evidence, 9 trips to the appellate courts, justice sought by the victims family, CID and FBI involvement, etc., etc.

Moderator cut: link removed, please read our terms of service
That sums up his complete lack of empathy. It is obvious he treated women like garbage. There is no way Colette would have been happy with her marriage. It's just a pity she stuck with him so long but then they were different times.

Freddy Kassab was the most amazing person from that story. What a hero and the complete opposite type of man to MacDonald.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:52 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I came across the following article, and I now intend to read A Wilderness of Error.

Maybe Jeffrey MacDonald was innocent after all - Salon.com

Old 02-02-2017, 07:18 AM

774 posts, read 745,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I came across the following article, and I now intend to read A Wilderness of Error.

Maybe Jeffrey MacDonald was innocent after all - Salon.com

Great article. It really sums the case up well. I've read Wilderness of Error. JM's injuries have always been an issue for me in this case. There are photographs as well as hospital records indicating that they were certainly more than "superficial" and some of them seem almost impossible to have been self-inflicted. The blonde hair that has always been explained as being from one of CM's hair pieces but couldn't be matched to any of them is another sticking point for me. Sam Sheppard volume two.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:20 AM

Default Propaganda

The SALON article and WOE purposely ignored the documented record in order to advocate for a mass murderer. Both advocacy pieces are filled with innuendo, distortions and outright falsehoods. The documented record clearly demonstrates that Jeffrey MacDonald is guilty of murdering his two young daughters and pregnant wife.

All of the sourced evidence points to MacDonald being the lone perp in this case. This includes DNA, blood, fibers, hairs, bloody footprints, bloody fabric impressions and fabric damage evidence. Not a single piece of trace evidence in this case was sourced to a known intruder suspect. At the 1979 trial, over 1,000 evidentiary items were presented by the prosecution and MacDonald was convicted in less than 7 hours.

In terms of MacDonald's injuries, he had a grand total of ONE severe wound and that wound was most likely self-inflicted. His vital signs were normal at Womack Hospital and he didn't require a single suture to treat the remainder of his superficial wounds. Compare his injuries to the horrific injuries inflicted upon his family and you quickly realize that his hippie home invader story is absurd.

Neither SALON nor WOE bothered to point out that in the Summer of 1969, MacDonald visited his brother Jay at Fire Island. At that time, Jay had 4 roommates and MacDonald was seen hanging out with them at a local bar. The 4 roommates consisted of two white males, one black male, and a white female who had long blonde hair and frequently wore a floppy hat.

Common sense dictates that MacDonald modeled his descriptions of the mythical hippie home invaders from these four individuals. CID agent Bennie Hawkins interviewed the African-American suspect, Joseph Lee, and he obtained fingerprint exemplars from each member of the New York Four. All of these individuals had an airtight alibi for their whereabouts on 2/17/70, and none of their print exemplars matched print exemplars taken from 544 Castle Drive.

In terms of the 3 unsourced blonde synthetic fibers found in Colette's hairbrush, their source was put to rest in 1991. One of the fibers matched doll hair in the FBI's exemplar collection, chemical composition analysis proved that the 3 fibers came from 2 separate sources and the MacDonald children owned more than 20 dolls. In the past 26 years, no argument has made been by MacDonald's lawyers that there were TWO wig-wearing intruders.

Last edited by Murtagh21; 02-02-2017 at 08:28 AM..

Old 02-02-2017, 09:19 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,472,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
Great article. It really sums the case up well. I've read Wilderness of Error. JM's injuries have always been an issue for me in this case. There are photographs as well as hospital records indicating that they were certainly more than "superficial" and some of them seem almost impossible to have been self-inflicted. The blonde hair that has always been explained as being from one of CM's hair pieces but couldn't be matched to any of them is another sticking point for me. Sam Sheppard volume two.
Sam Sheppard also murdered his wife.

If people believe MacDonald then what a useless Green Beret he was. He apparently went out cold after some very superficial injuries whilst his pregnant wife fought valiantly to save her children. She had two broken arms and was struck 6 times on the head with someone swinging the bat so high that cast off blood was left high up on the walls and blood streaks on the ceiling. She also sustained numerous stab founds (14 deep stab wounds and 21 puncture wounds). This alone requires explanation. And why butcher the two small children? Their injuries were numerous and shocking. Why did MacDonald get off so lightly? Why wasn't he brutally hit with a club and stabbed deeply numerous times? How can that rationally be explained? The man left with minimal injuries whilst the pregnant woman and two small girls are brutally killed. That's extremely suspect. Why such viciousness against the defenceless children? Why weren't they let off as lightly as their father? Surely they would make sure he was dead and give him the same treatment as the rest of the family especially as he is the most serious threat.

The way MacDonald explained what happened didn't line up with the forensic evidence. They could tell who was where from the blood evidence. Remember that all the MacDonalds' had a different blood group. The story from his own mouth didn't line up with what was found. That can't be explained by any incompetence on the part of the Army.

Why did MacDonald, the trained Green Beret and amateur boxer not do anything to save his family from these druggies? Also why did these druggies not take the numerous medications that he had that weren't locked away?

This isn't even looking at all the forensic evidence that is stacked against MacDonald.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:49 AM

774 posts, read 745,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Sam Sheppard also murdered his wife.
No, he really didn't. However, that isn't the point nor is it with McDonald. The point is that there was reasonable doubt in both cases.

Last edited by sspistol; 02-02-2017 at 10:57 AM..

Old 02-02-2017, 01:47 PM

Default Beyond A Reasonable Doubt

SS: Jeffrey MacDonald is not merely guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, he is guilty beyond ALL doubt. Speaking of reasonable doubt, a 1979 jury convicted MacDonald on three counts of murder in less than 7 hours. According to this jury, MacDonald was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 02-02-2017, 05:03 PM

169 posts, read 115,472 times
Oh wow. I saw this on ID channel and I thought he was innocent coz the epi I watch is somehow insinuating it's the hippies that did it. And reading other post here, I have no idea. Wow.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:53 PM

Default Huge Mess

AR: The only "wows" to be found in the ID show were its brazen attempts to create a fictional version of the MacDonald case. The documented record tells a far different story. None of the evidence presented in this mess of a show was ever sourced to Helena Stoeckley, Greg Mitchell or any other intruder suspect. No DNA. No hairs. No fibers. No bloody footprints. No fingerprints. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Jeffrey MacDonald, on the other hand, cannot escape from the fact that ALL of the sourced evidence in this case points to him as being the lone criminal agent.

1) DNA testing of a broken, bloody limb hair found clutched in Colette's left hand led to the conclusion that Jeffrey MacDonald was the source of that hair.

2) Three bloody footprints found exiting Kristen's room were sourced to Jeffrey MacDonald.

3) Fibers sourced to MacDonald's torn pajama top were found under the bedcovers of Kristen/Kimmie, under the fingernail of Kristen, under the body of Colette and by the headboard of the master bed where the word PIG was written in Colette's blood. MacDonald denies wearing his pajama top when he "found" his daughters dead in their bedrooms.

4) Bloody pajama cuff impressions sourced to MacDonald's torn pajama top were found on bedding used to transport Colette and Kimmie to their respective bedrooms. MacDonald denies touching this bedding on 2/17/70.

5) Kimmie's blood was found on inmate's pajama top and Colette's blood was found on inmate's pajama top in 10 locations BEFORE the garment was torn down the left front seam.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime