Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:12 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Ever heard of a 5150?
yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 09:26 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
In other words mentally ill people are responsible for themselves? While police are not in the welfare business, when something as obvious as a her state of mind is in question, they have a duty.
One person’s crazy is another person’s eccentric. I think a lot of people are crazy but it doesn’t mean they all need to be locked up.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 PM

75 posts, read 197,503 times
And just because the police were told she was "speaking nonsensically" or whatever doesn't mean she wasn't acting at least mostly alright when she was arrested. Someone with rapid cycling bipolar -which is not necessarily her case, they just said they suspected bipolar disorder- will flip from mania to depression throughout the day. What could have been gibberish manic talk at the restaurant (which might be why she didn't bring money.. feelings of grandiose, perhaps she thought she could just walk in and get treated to a meal) may have gone into cold, numb feelings in the short time it took to be arrested and transported. She declined to stay, they released her. It's sad what happened to her, but I don't think blaming people helps, especially if they stuck to protocol.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:47 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,405,498 times
Seeing her phone & purse were in her car that was impounded, couldn't someone have called a cab for her when she was released to take her to the impound lot?? I'm not blaming anyone, but it's just kindness!!

"Shortly after midnight, she was released from the Malibu/Lost Hills sheriff's station in Calabasas without her car, which had been impounded, or her cellphone and purse, which were in the car. Several months later, police investigators discovered evidence in her diaries that she was probably suffering from severe bipolar disorder."

Old 10-29-2010, 07:20 PM

405 posts, read 1,279,549 times
This is why I don't go anywhere without my good freinds Smith & Wesson.
Don't leave home without it.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1258 View Post
This is why I don't go anywhere without my good freinds Smith & Wesson.
Don't leave home without it.
And exactly how would your "friends" have helped you out in the context of this thread?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:38 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
And exactly how would your "friends" have helped you out in the context of this thread?
WELL... being an area with very few legally concealed weapons, it probably would have kept him locked up for a bit longer, keeping him out of harm's way ...

Old 11-04-2010, 02:30 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Remains found in Malibu Canyon said to be that of Mitrice Richardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
In other words mentally ill people are responsible for themselves? While police are not in the welfare business, when something as obvious as a her state of mind is in question, they have a duty.

Let's also remember this is the same sub-station that gave Mel Gibson a ride home after one of his drunk and abusive run-ins with them.

She should never been arrested in the first place since her grandmother offered to pay the restaurant bill over the phone with a credit card.
If she was mentally ill the person resposible for her care should have been taking care of her. The police are in a no win situation, if they would have taken her into custody and put her in jail, they would have been in the wrong, in some eyes. If they released her they were in the wrong in some eyes. I say the police did the right thing, whoever was responsible for her welfare did the wrong thing in allowing her to be by herself and take care of herself. Mental illness is not always obivious to police officers. But people are always looking at someone else to place the blame on, so why not blame the police, even if it wasn't their fault. Right? If she ran up a bill in the restaurant and didn't pay it, then yes, she should have been arrested, she broke the law if she tried to leave without paying. Was her grandmother with her? No she wasn't there with her to pay the bill.I don't see why you can't understand this. If you owned a restaurant would you let people eat and leave without paying? No, you wouldn't. You can't stay in business if you operate a business that way.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:55 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Remains found in Malibu Canyon said to be that of Mitrice Richardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Its obvious you didnt read the comments. I dont believe the cops plus the tape of that night in the lost hills station is missing. Read this update & comments. No signs of foul play in Mitrice Richardson's death, authorities say [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
After reading all of this material the second time I still stand by my original post. You need to re-read it with an open mind. Forget she was black and that (in your mind) racist white people didn't do enough to find her. They did one of the most extensive searches ever carried out, in an attempt to find her. What does that mean to you? Police offered to let her stay in the lobby, she refused. What would you have done? Don't tell me take her home, for they are not in the taxi business. If they can't hold her in a cell, they can not control what she does. You are responsible for your own well being, if you are not responsible, then someone is appointed to assume that responsibility for you.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Exclamation UPDATE: FBI to examine Mitrice Richarson's remains

Quote:
Federal investigators are stepping into the case of a woman who disappeared after Los Angeles County sheriffs released her from custody a year and a half ago.
FBI to examine Mitrice Richarson's remains | 89.3 KPCC

Quote:
The coroner's office, which called the cause of death "undetermined," has already agreed to return to the area with a special skeletal remains search team, according to Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter. The team was prepared to go out last weekend until the weather changed, he said. He said his office talks regularly with Koff and the family: "We're keeping an open dialogue."
Family seeks to exhume Mitrice Richardson's remains - Los Angeles Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime