Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 11:51 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Its ashame she died cause she was only 25 & quite a attrative & educated lesbian.I followed this story since day one & after a weeks or do went by i started to fear the worse & i was right. I believe she got lost & ended down in the ravine. It was most likely a horrible accident. She did walk a good ways from the lost hills station through the brush and woods. More info will come out & i bet the sheriffs office & short tempered lee baca get a black eye. WE SHALL SEE!
I hadn't heard anything about her sexual preferences. HLN played a tape of the mother's call to the sheriff's department and did a follow up interview. The mother said something about, 'She is an adult and I lives her life and I express my opinions.' That could have meant anything.

Someone said that at the time of her disappearance, last September, the marijuana crop in the area where the remains were found would have been ready for harvest and the owner might have been hypervigilant--possibly shot her mistakenly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 12:25 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
It does seem like the sheriff's department could have contacted the family since the mother called to verify that her daughter was being taken there.
Yes. A lot went wrong.
Mitrice Richardson case in hindsight - latimes.com

Old 08-14-2010, 02:22 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Its ashame she died cause she was only 25 & quite a attrative & educated lesbian.
Would it be less of a shame if she'd been unattractive?

Old 08-15-2010, 12:41 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Would it be less of a shame if she'd been unattractive?
Nope. I could care less if she looked like barbra walters. Shes still a human being & didnt deserve to die like this. I just dont know what to make of all this.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:30 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
from the article: The deputies couldn't force Richardson to stay. She was an adult.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:22 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
no win situation for the cops. had they kept her longer, I would bet you cash that people would have complained about why a mentally ill woman was kept in jail so long for an unpaid bill.

sadly, mentally ill people often fall through the cracks. this poor girl was obviously ill. who knows what was going through her mind after her release and for now, we don't know how she died. instead of blaming the cops (what more could they have done, short of doing a "5150" and forcing her into a psychiatric hospital?), more focus needs to be placed on the mentally ill in this country, the people who are often taken advantaged of and often end up victims of tragic crimes.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:13 AM

587 posts, read 1,466,850 times
Quote:
I blame the Los angeles county sheriffs office/lost hills malibu station for the death of mitrice richardson. Read the story & comments & you will know why. RIP MITRICE. Remains found in Malibu Canyon said to be that of a woman; link, if any, to Mitrice Richardson is unclear | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
Yup, I posted about it a few months ago on here this forum. I expected this outcome, yet was sad to here it.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
no win situation for the cops. had they kept her longer, I would bet you cash that people would have complained about why a mentally ill woman was kept in jail so long for an unpaid bill.

sadly, mentally ill people often fall through the cracks. this poor girl was obviously ill. who knows what was going through her mind after her release and for now, we don't know how she died. instead of blaming the cops (what more could they have done, short of doing a "5150" and forcing her into a psychiatric hospital?), more focus needs to be placed on the mentally ill in this country, the people who are often taken advantaged of and often end up victims of tragic crimes.
Knowing her state of mind they should have placed a 5150 and transported her to a county facilty for a 48 hour observation, as it was so obvious she was not in her right mind. But as you have stated, way too many mentally ill people fall through the cracks and are wharehoused in prisons.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:46 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
The deputies couldn't force Richardson to stay. She was an adult.
Ever heard of a 5150?

Old 08-17-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I stand by my comments. Police agencies are not in the welfare or health care business. People need to be responsible for themselves and not blame others because it is conventient to do so. If she would have paid her bill at the restaurant the police wouldn't have been involved, period. People have to live, (or in this case, die) with the choices they make in life.
In other words mentally ill people are responsible for themselves? While police are not in the welfare business, when something as obvious as a her state of mind is in question, they have a duty.

Let's also remember this is the same sub-station that gave Mel Gibson a ride home after one of his drunk and abusive run-ins with them.

She should never been arrested in the first place since her grandmother offered to pay the restaurant bill over the phone with a credit card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime