Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 06:42 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,282,197 times

Advertisements

Andrei Chikatilo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is my favorite. Very interesting individual. Wish he were here in the US, so a more indepth study of him could have been made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 07:07 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post

Here is my favorite. Very interesting individual. Wish he were here in the US, so a more indepth study of him could have been made.
Wow, yes, very interesting serial killer story. I never heard of him before. Thanks for posting this.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:11 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,832,015 times

Here is my favorite. Very interesting individual. Wish he were here in the US, so a more indepth study of him could have been made

Wow, I just finished reading this, I never heard of him....I concur, no doubt a very in-depth study of him would have been made. I have always been fascinated by the mind, what makes people tick, how people think, or not, and what makes them do what they do....

It is also interesting that there are people who have suffered so very much growing up; have had horrible things happen to them and yes, although scarred, either physicially or emotionally or both, mature and evolve into healthy and responsible human beings and others with the same or similar terrible experiences and some not as horrible, turn out to be very very scary people, monsters in society....is it affected by some degree of genetics? is it an inner strength that some people have....? thoughts?

Old 10-24-2010, 05:18 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,277,324 times
This shows how old I am.
When I was 21, I was dating a football player at Florida State. I was there the weekend Ted Bundy committed those murders.
I always thought he was a good looking guy and what a shame things went so terribly wrong in his mind. Those who knew him sociably actually liked him and thought he was a great guy. I read a lot about him after he was arrested.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,012,349 times
Ok, for a real sicko, try Fritz Haarmann. He would bite men's throats while having sex with them. I think that qualifies right up there. Plus he sold their flesh and clothes and a police, when notified, said it was "pork."

Ok, so doesn't intrigue me, but sure stands out. I am reading the Diane Downs stuff right now and it does intrigue me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime