Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 02:16 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,089 times

Advertisements

What the heck this is all I seen after I came home from work. Why was there a motion for an aquital anyways?

I do not see Casey getting the death penalty IMO. She is guilty as heck thogh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 03:37 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Routine legal motions. Hardly reportable and no suprise.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Routine legal motions. Hardly reportable and no suprise.
No surprise at all. I wanted to post it as I think this case is going to end up in Casey's favor

Old 06-15-2011, 05:08 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyninfl View Post
No surprise at all. I wanted to post it as I think this case is going to end up in Casey's favor
Well we probably don't need another Anthony post, but I guess the mods can combine it if they wish.

Turning out in her favor means not getting a death sentence. I said in another post - her only chance is escaping with her life and maybe getting out of prison when she is middle aged, and the defense is basing their strategy on that. Her defense has already admitted to having a hand in the her childs death so it dismisses any chance of complete aquital. There is absolutely no chance she will walk out of that courtroom a free woman. None at all. Absolutely zero.

One person in another post said "but there is no hard evidence." This is a circumstantial evidense case, which sometimes is stronger than cases with witnesses, blood trails, weapons, etc. You don't need it. The jury is required to infer guilt based on the accumulation of facts and events to draw conclusions using logical thought. Just as we are doing here (and I don't think anyone here thinks she is innocent), the jury will also do. Reasonabile doubt - is anyone here reasonabily doubtfull of her guilt? I don't think so. The jury will act exactly the same way.

And finally, I have to point out the similiarity of another case using only circumstantial evidence. Scott Petterson, accused of killing his wife and unborn child in California. No evidence, no weapon, no cause of death, only very decayed remains of the victims: From Wikipedia "In later press appearances, members of the jury stated that they felt that Peterson's demeanor—specifically, his lack of emotion, and the phone calls to Amber Frey in the days following Laci's disappearance—indicated that he was guilty. They based their verdict on "hundreds of small 'puzzle pieces' of circumstantial evidence that came out during the trial, from the location of Laci Peterson's body to the myriad lies her husband told after her disappearance."

Scott Peterson is currently in prison awaiting the conclusion of the appeal process, where he will then be executed.

Last edited by Dd714; 06-15-2011 at 05:22 PM..

Old 06-15-2011, 06:37 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Casey will not walk out anymore, JMO....I think she can count down the days of wearing clothes of her choice...if this is her choice which I actually doubt, she rather wants to wear fancy club clothes...less is better and have the Bella Vita!

Well soon she will be wearing Orange or black and white stripes FOREVER until death.

Unfortunately for the parents they will loose another family member but this one is guilty as hell.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyninfl View Post
What the heck this is all I seen after I came home from work. Why was there a motion for an aquital anyways?

I do not see Casey getting the death penalty IMO. She is guilty as heck thogh
criminal defense attys do this routinely, they must defend their client zealously...as stated in Canon of Ethics....its a common motion, Judge Perry had seen this millions of times. he presided over the death penalty case of female black widow killer Judias Buenoano- (she was executed in 1998). Perry know what he is doing

Judias V. Buenoano #450

Old 06-16-2011, 01:23 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Casey will not walk out anymore, JMO....I think she can count down the days of wearing clothes of her choice...if this is her choice which I actually doubt, she rather wants to wear fancy club clothes...less is better and have the Bella Vita!

Well soon she will be wearing Orange or black and white stripes FOREVER until death.

Unfortunately for the parents they will loose another family member but this one is guilty as hell.
Yes and she will get that smirk wiped off her face real fast. Trial today and she looks p*ssed that DNA experts and sheriffs homicide are onto her narcissism.

George and Cindy loved Caylee, and she was jealous to the point of wanting Caylee dead. Thats insane.

I do feel bad the parents had a monster like this, they didnt realize the extent of it. (not much they could have done under the law, to get CA mandatory help)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime