Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times

Advertisements

The Orlando Prosecution has another high profile case that started this week. It is in the same courtroom where Casey Anthony's trial took place. The courtroom sure looks different now.

They didn't go to Pinellas County for a jury either.

Millionaire Robert "Bob" Ward shot his wife dead in a fit of rage in the bedroom of the Florida couple's mansion, prosecutors told a jury yesterday during opening statements in Ward's murder trial, while his defense characterized the death as a "tragic accident."

The 911 call Ward made to police was played in court this morning, "I just shot my wife … I just shot my wife. I just shot my wife. She's dead. She's done. I'm sorry," he says. In the tape he says "I just shot my wife" five times. Now the defense is saying she shot herself.

The family lives in the same development where Tiger Woods and Arnold Palmer formerly lived.
Pictures of James Robert Ward's Isleworth Country Club home - OrlandoSentinel.com

CNN Live and the local Orlando TV stations are streaming the trial live.

Bob Ward murder trial (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/generic/news/isleworth_shooting - broken link)

CNN.com Live - Breaking news, live events, and today's top stories

But as usual they are on their lunch break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 07:57 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Another interesting case. I hadn't heard about it until the other day. He sounds as exciting as a dead fish on the 911 call. And what's up with the dancing in the jail, unbuttoning his shirt as if he was a Chippendale dancer????? And his daughter dancing on the other side with her aunt (the dead wife's sister) laughing? I am not following this case closely on the news so I hope you and others continue to keep this post updated. Question though: the wife was killed 2 days before she was supposed to testify against ????? him? his business? money laundering? fraud? What happened to the rule a wife can't or doesn't have to testify against her husband? No wonder he killed her (suicide "rescue" my a$$).

Old 09-17-2011, 09:46 PM

I wondered about that too. She was due to be questioned by a U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee and lawyers for a company that has made allegations against Robert Ward that he took money from his companies to support his lavish lifestyle. Ward had filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy and I guess that is when this all came out.

The jailhouse videos are strange .. him dancing and the daughter Mallory dancing ... the sister-in-law (his wife's own sister) was giggling. The s-i-l did tell them several times they were being recorded. Strange group of people. The other daughter on one of the jailhouse phone calls was more concerned about attending a horse show. Good old dad told her to go to the horse show.

He is full of himself in the courtroom. The 911 call may hang him ... but who knows. They played it Friday for the jury.

Murder Suspect Dances In Jail House Video - News Story - WFTV Orlando

Old 09-23-2011, 10:59 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Another interesting case. I hadn't heard about it until the other day. He sounds as exciting as a dead fish on the 911 call. And what's up with the dancing in the jail, unbuttoning his shirt as if he was a Chippendale dancer????? And his daughter dancing on the other side with her aunt (the dead wife's sister) laughing? I am not following this case closely on the news so I hope you and others continue to keep this post updated. Question though: the wife was killed 2 days before she was supposed to testify against ????? him? his business? money laundering? fraud? What happened to the rule a wife can't or doesn't have to testify against her husband? No wonder he killed her (suicide "rescue" my a$$).
Oh, so it was DEFINITELY one of those tragic gun-cleaning accidents.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:32 AM

Jury Finds Bob Ward Guilty Of Killing Wife

A jury found developer Bob Ward guilty of second-degree murder in the death of his wife Diane in their Isleworth home.

The six jurors deliberated over 13 hours for two days before finding Bob Ward guilty of second-degree murder. The two-week trial took place in the same courthouse where the Casey Anthony case was tried this summer.

Sentencing is set for Nov. 8.

Bob Ward millionaire murder trial: Jury finds Isleworth developer guilty of second-degree murder of wife - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 09-29-2011, 02:09 PM

81 posts, read 234,956 times
Very bizarre. Only in Florida!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:08 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,547 times
He admitted it, so why would they she did it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime