Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times

Advertisements

and when the judge said, you still didnt say your sorry, he still didnt.

that alone would make me throw the book at him.

i think the judge in this case is a stupid man. Whats wrong with him????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
He may have not apologized earlier on the advice of his lawyers - whether he has now, I dont know. I briefly heard the gay community supported him insofar as they didn't want him to do a lot of time and I believe his roommate Tyler C's parents didnt either

Old 05-22-2012, 07:30 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I think that this should have sent a social message that behavior like this is NOT tolerated in our society. Obviously not. The judge's bare sentence reduced this invasion of privacy down to a mere, harmless school prank. It was a "hand smack". At least a year or six months...30 days is outrageous. I hope INS meets this scum at the jail house on his last day, hands him his papers, and drives this scumbag directly to the airport.

Nancy Grace was outraged at this sentence...and I agree with her...a first.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:24 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
IN this case, the crimes were not severe. So we're looking closer to 1 to 3 years based on your numbers. Personally, I'd want my tax money spent elsewhere than supporting this kid who committed a horrible crime, but could actually be productive in society.
He's a homophobe and a bully. He will never be productive in life. I wouldn't hire him to sweep my floors.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:26 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think that this should have sent a social message that behavior like this is NOT tolerated in our society. Obviously not. The judge's bare sentence reduced this invasion of privacy down to a mere, harmless school prank. It was a "hand smack". At least a year or six months...30 days is outrageous. I hope INS meets this scum at the jail house on his last day, hands him his papers, and drives this scumbag directly to the airport.

Nancy Grace was outraged at this sentence...and I agree with her...a first.
I'm not sure that INS can deport someone with a green card without an administrative hearing in front of an INS judge. They can put him on administrative hold until they can get him in front of the judge though. That means from one jail to another--and the second will actually be far worse than the Middlesex County lock up.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
This man is an arrogant prick and deserves more time. We have only reinforced his arrogance and above the law attitude. He will commit other crimes though he may never be charged with them.

I have some Indian clients. There is an arrogance there sometimes. I had one tell me the other day that India would always be home. I asked him why did they come over here, make the money, con the system sometimes and go back to India. He rubbed his two fingers together......money. It took something away from our relationship.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:19 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
In this case it is the fault of the Judge. The jury said guilty 224 time, yet the dumb Judge gave him 30 days.

How do we go from 10 years to 30 days.

The Judge is the moron in this case, what was he thinking.

This is an outrage. I just am appalled by the dumb Judges decesion.

30 days, you have got to be kidding.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 AM

506 posts, read 1,956,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
This man is an arrogant prick and deserves more time. We have only reinforced his arrogance and above the law attitude. He will commit other crimes though he may never be charged with them.

I have some Indian clients. There is an arrogance there sometimes. I had one tell me the other day that India would always be home. I asked him why did they come over here, make the money, con the system sometimes and go back to India. He rubbed his two fingers together......money. It took something away from our relationship.
I completely agree that Ravi got off easy and is an egotistical a$shole for what he did, how he's come across in interviews and court, for not apologizing, and his entire demeanor in general BUT do we really need to fault the entire Indian race for it? I don't understand how this became an issue of race. Like any other race, you have the bads and the goods. I've met arrogant Indians, white people, black people, Asian people, Latins, Europeans, Australians, and everything in between-- but I certainly don't attribute any faults of any given individual (or sometimes multiple individuals) to a whole entire race. Come on!

Old 05-25-2012, 07:03 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
He should have gotten 5-10 years...not to set an example but to get justice for Tyler!!!

Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I guess there is now enough for the family to go forward with a wrongful death, civil suit against Ravi....but I doubt they would win.

Of course they won't! Jane Clementi would have to get up and tell everyone again how Tyler came out to her a couple of days before he left for college and how she told him she was disappointed in him. You REALLY don't think that had possibly more to do with Tyler's suicide than the fact that some doofy roommate viewed Tyler kissing a man on a webcame and tweeted his friends about it?

Ravi invaded Tyler's privacy, and for that he stood trial, but I don't think anyone would conclude that this incident was worse than a mother's rejection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime