Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:07 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
The same goes for wives killing their husbands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I was just going to say this.
I think, though, that in general women who murder their husbands plan it out better. In these "We had an argument and I left and came back and she was MISSING" tales, it seems as though the wife is murdered when the husband has a fit of rage over something. Then he's sitting there with a dead body, evidence to get rid of, and no real plan as to how he's going to present the story in a way that takes the focus off of him as a suspect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 03:14 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times
Didn't read the previous pages but would like to comment.

I agree with everything you have said, MightyQueen, about the fit of rage and then calming down and realizing what they have done. Women, on the other hand, usually premeditate the murder.

JordanJP, an old friend of mine did go home early and found his wife in bed with another man and it took only one shot to kill them both. Need I say how he found them??

Kenny did not run, he did not try and hide, he called the police and confessed. He really was a nice stand up guy except for this one incident. He got manslaughter and quietly spent his years in jail and then was released.

I met the guy, liked him and spent many afternoons in Dunkin Donuts having coffee with him and other fellow "coffee club" members. After many months I happened to mention my new friend, Kenny (whatever) and my father freaked out and told me to stay away from him! He then told me Ken was a convicted murderer! I told Dad he was a nice, nice guy and I would not.

Of course the next time I saw Ken I had to say something and he told me the whole story. I never told another soul and stayed friendly with him.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:17 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
I think some men plan to kill their wives, and do it very calculated and delibrately. Drew Peterson is one. The guy whose wife "accidently" fell off a cliff at Zion's Park...with a mil insurance policy. I think it happens more than we realize.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:56 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think some men plan to kill their wives, and do it very calculated and delibrately. Drew Peterson is one. The guy whose wife "accidently" fell off a cliff at Zion's Park...with a mil insurance policy. I think it happens more than we realize.
Oh, they do. I was just bringing up those instances where a man apparently kills his wife in a fit of anger, and then goes through the whole routine of calling the police and declaring her "missing", and then sometimes participating in the search. We've just heard this story over and over and over again across the years, and it stymies me that these men think that somehow their story will be viewed differently than the ten guys before them who came up with the same lame tale.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:32 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,131,850 times
Well I have taken corrective and protective action. Since my divorce 20 years ago I have not nor will I ever marry again. All my assets are earmarked for a few animal rescues so they can continue with their good work. Anyone that thinks they will see a penny should take a number and stand in line.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,932 times
Just an observation. The vast majority of these types of murders I have personally investigated has a financial incentive. Generally speaking, and this is very general, the man wants to leave his wife. However, she does not work and he is sole bread winner. He knows he is going to have to pay out massive amounts of money in alimony, child support, etc. Sometimes paying her alimony for the rest of her life. Therefore, they feel its just cheaper and easier to kill her. Now he keeps all his money to himself.

Of course, there are always the fit of rage murders, when hubby does come home and catch her in bed with someone else. Again, however, in California and most other states, which have no fault divorce, even though he did nothing wrong, he is going to pay out the nose. Again, easier to just kill her.

Women kill for financial reasons also; although a slightly different twist. Generally speaking, most women who kill their husbands, are from low socio economic status (of course there are exceptions to everything). They want a divorce too, however, where is that going to put them? A husband with a 50K a year job and 250K life insurance policy, is nice to pick off. She gains some cash, gets to take that trip to Paris she always dreamed of, and doesn't have to worry about any social stigma of divorce, etc. No "ex" hanging around, no problems with other women or other men, etc. The entire range of problems which come up in divorces.

Second for women would be revenge. Hubby cheated on her and she has been a loyal, faithful wife for 20 yrs. Well, "I'll show him." And usually its showing "the other woman" too.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:50 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,350,704 times
That is scary cold. "Divorce is too expensive, or a hassle....I will just kill her." Problem solved. Deliberately calculated and planned out. Creepy.

I wonder why so many pregnant women get killed? Is it a control issue? The husband is angry that the wife is pregnant? Just to name two...Lori Hacking and Lacey Peterson....also Collette MacDonald...

Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,379 times
Most murder stems from emotion, be it hate or love gone bad or whatever. I think murdering someone you once loved is about trying to make something right in ones head. I doubt it's always about money when people kill their spouse. As far as killing their pregnant wife???...Some (immature) men can't stand the little being that's about to take away the attention and love they feel they deserve. It's a distorted way of looking at things and it can make men turn on a person they say they love. Plus a baby that's not born yet may seem like a non-human to the father. Especially if the father is a psychopath/sociopath.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,678,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Wow, I empathize. I know statistically, when women get restraining orders or file for divorce, that's when they usually get killed, if it's gonna happen. I always wondered why a woman doesn't poison an abuser or hit him with a large cast iron frying pan. Fear?? That's the terror they create to keep a woman "in her place"?

I wish I could find the link it was on yahoo a few days back but a woman was given a very high sentance somewhere between 15-20 years and what happened was her husband was beating her she got away grabbed her registered legal gun and fired one warning shot into the ceiling. This was in FL too where they have this great stand your ground law right.

found a link

http://articles.businessinsider.com/...hot-prosecutor

Old 05-04-2012, 02:30 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,379 times
by the time an abuser is done with his victim, they have so little self esteem, killing or fighting back is usually not even an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime