Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times

Advertisements

I have been thinking about it and maybe the reason is because her mother didn't even care. Just put her in a bag and dumped her, then went on to enjoy her day. She never acted like she even cared at all and the little girl probably worshiped her.

Wonder if the "jurors" ever think about little Caylee? I would have to seek psychiatric help if I would have been one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,970,291 times
Jose Baez has advised Casey to leave the country ... go to a Greek Island and live.

I read an article a few weeks ago regarding high profile cases and public opinion.

OJ Simpson case 50% thought he was guilty and 50% not guilty.
Amanda Knox 44% guilty and 56% not guilty.
Dr. Conrad Murray 56% guilty and 44% not guilty
Casey Anthony 95% guilty and 5% not guilty.

Of course this was just public polls and most polls depend upon how the question is asked.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:07 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Post agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I partially hold all these "Law and Order" shows...CSI...partially responsible. Juries now expect fancy science to "prove" all crimes beyond a "reasonable doubt". Folks set aside common sense and want all evidence tied up in a fantastic package like on CSI.

Sure...I guess the jury was all caught up in "proof and evidence" in the Caylee Anthony trial...and ultimately allowed Casey Anthony to go free.
have to wait to rep u again.

Went to look for other true crime books at "books- a- million" yesterday, there are 2 new baez /anthony case books out.. Sickening.

last year when they interviewed some of the jurors on that case, they really seemed clueless. Wanting every single element of a crime proven. It is reasonable doubt , not ALL doubt that must be proven. This is a fine point apparently lost on the jury

Perhaps the prosecutor over-reached also. IMO the media needs to be more responsible. NG reporting and harping on this all in 2008 probably didnt help (do any of us believe the jurors dont watch NG?...one of them reportedly played Farmville on FB all day for entertainment).

Most educated jurors know a criminal defense attorney is just doing his job to zealously defend his client (whether this is right or wrong), but jurors who were "charmed" by Baez, really aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, imo

Trial atty Beth Karas mentioned a case for jury reform. I think she is right on the mark. Jurors who can read and deliberate, and don't sit home watching reality tv all day would be a great start.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:58 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I have quit following true crime after the Caylee Anthony case. I honestly start feeling sick when I even think about the whole thing.
I don't know if it is because I watched the trial (first trial ever) or because her mother was released or just because there were so many pictures and videos of the little girl that brought her to life like I actually knew her. Since the mother was found not guilty, I can't watch Nancy Grace or any show where they talk about missing children.
When a thought about this child comes to mind, I just get a very sick and depressed feeling.
Does this happen to anybody else?
Just wondering if I am the only one, just haven't been able to get over this.

This is why they don't REALLY report news honestly and graphically. Most normal people can't handle it. No one should feel good after digesting that info. Its not about that. Its about exposing the monsters in real life in hopes that others out there in similar situations can change themselves or a situation before it becomes this severe.

Cable news can be a bit more graphic. Internet even more so.

I don't really get as bothered by it much anymore on an individual case basis where it is focused on one victim. I read a lot of crime news/books, documentaries etc. of violent acts from all types in all times. These types of things happen so much.

I do wonder if this nancy gracing of these cases will change anything in the long run. People becoming aware of it happening and seeing the disgust it causes in others....You really didn't get that before the internet where you could comment and go back and review.

If you can't handle it, don't watch it. Plenty of cops talk about the depressing aspects of the job.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:07 PM

I dont think OP meant disgusted in that she "cant handle it"

The travesty of justice is what disgusted many in this case. This was not a complicated case. A child dumped in the swamp. Maybe it was done by a "mysterious foreign faction"?

sarc.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:10 PM

297 posts, read 520,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Jose Baez has advised Casey to leave the country ... go to a Greek Island and live.

I read an article a few weeks ago regarding high profile cases and public opinion.

OJ Simpson case 50% thought he was guilty and 50% not guilty.
Amanda Knox 44% guilty and 56% not guilty.
Dr. Conrad Murray 56% guilty and 44% not guilty
Casey Anthony 95% guilty and 5% not guilty.

Of course this was just public polls and most polls depend upon how the question is asked.
50% think OJ is not guilty? Was that poll taken in 1994/1995 or today? Either way, I find it hard to believe that such a strong % believe he's not guilty. I've never even heard much (or any) talk about who else could have killed Ron and Nicole. Never thought of that case as being a mystery, or that half of the country thinks it's a mystery. I wonder if these people truly believe OJ is innocent, or are just saying that to be "funny" or "special"??

Old 07-10-2012, 02:33 PM

O.J. , kind of like John ramsey and the grandparents of Caylee, is still out looking for the "real killer" in Disneyland, according to some.

[sarcasm]

Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,970,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
50% think OJ is not guilty? Was that poll taken in 1994/1995 or today? Either way, I find it hard to believe that such a strong % believe he's not guilty. I've never even heard much (or any) talk about who else could have killed Ron and Nicole. Never thought of that case as being a mystery, or that half of the country thinks it's a mystery. I wonder if these people truly believe OJ is innocent, or are just saying that to be "funny" or "special"??
The article was just giving comparisons ... the OJ 50/50 was when the trial was going on. Of course the jury let him walk too.

Right now 95% think Drew Peterson is guilty of murdering wives 3 & 4. He has been charged with killing Kathleen Savio (wife #3) and his trial starts with jury selection July 23. He has not been charged in Stacy Peterson's (wife #4) disappearance and the Judge will not allow any mention of wife #4 during the trial.

OJ was in his day a 'super star' running back and I imagine some of the 50% had to be diehard football fans.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM

297 posts, read 520,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
The article was just giving comparisons ... the OJ 50/50 was when the trial was going on. Of course the jury let him walk too.

Right now 95% think Drew Peterson is guilty of murdering wives 3 & 4. He has been charged with killing Kathleen Savio (wife #3) and his trial starts with jury selection July 23. He has not been charged in Stacy Peterson's (wife #4) disappearance and the Judge will not allow any mention of wife #4 during the trial.

OJ was in his day a 'super star' running back and I imagine some of the 50% had to be diehard football fans.
Okay, so I am assuming that these %'s are of people who are following/followed these cases, or at least have an opinion on it? Technically, it's not 95% of ALL Americans think Drew Peterson is guilty, it's 95% of Americans who have an opinion of the case. Right?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:14 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
I just went over the case again without the nancy grace crap. Umm...yeh..The reason she got off was that the molesting father had something to do with it. Ex cop that knows how to pull all the strings...yeh. I could see her being involved and being told to pretend like everything is ok. Molesters are king manipulators. He did not deny molesting her either. They did a DNA test on the baby just to see if he was the father. And plus his suicide note.

The whole family played the system. I don't think C.A. is that great as a person. But I don't think she was the one that actually did it either. Check fraud and baby murder are a ways apart from each other on offensive behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime