Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times

Advertisements

Isabella Sarah Tennant was visiting her grandmother in Niagara Falls NY when she disappeared from her grandmother's home. Police were alerted and later in the day, a teenage boy went to police to tell them he knew where the body could be found. Apparently, he had assisted the murderer in hiding the little girl's lifeless body.

The killer? A trusted family friend who had often helped out the elderly grandmother.

Sick and senseless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 10:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
This is just such a sick and horrifying story. Just shows you can't trust a lot of people with your most precious things or people.

Shame on him! SHAME ON HIM!

I mean honestly...it makes me wonder what is making people snap so much all of a sudden?

Old 08-27-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
This is just such a sick and horrifying story. Just shows you can't trust a lot of people with your most precious things or people.

I mean honestly...it makes me wonder what is making people snap so much all of a sudden?

I agree. And it seems to be happening more frequently. WHY?

Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
People are definitely getting nuttier out there. When I was growing up, I don't think it was like this. And, I don't think it's perception or because of more technology/news/social media. Think people are just crazier.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,765,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

He probably didn't snap. Most people don't. It takes years of built-up bad thoughts, planning and fantasizing to get a person to this point.

I think it has always happened, but now they cover every single case. "If it bleeds, it leads." That wasn't always true. Remember Albert Fish, who evaded the police for decades by targeting black children -- he knew the police and press would never bother with those. And they didn't. Once he killed a middle-class white girl they released the hounds and he was caught and executed, with great fanfare.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:14 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
He probably didn't snap. Most people don't. It takes years of built-up bad thoughts, planning and fantasizing to get a person to this point.

I think it has always happened, but now they cover every single case. "If it bleeds, it leads." That wasn't always true. Remember Albert Fish, who evaded the police for decades by targeting black children -- he knew the police and press would never bother with those. And they didn't. Once he killed a middle-class white girl they released the hounds and he was caught and executed, with great fanfare.
I had a discussion with someone a while back about that Holmes character. People rarely snap who do these types of sick crimes. They plan, think about, fantasize and finally do it. It doesn't "just happen." She was saying that no, people can "just do it," and I was saying absolutely not. I was right because now it's coming out about how he had threatened, wrote about it, etc. who knows how long before the deed. It takes time to be that crazy.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:58 PM

Do you mean HH Holmes?

Old 08-30-2012, 04:59 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
People are definitely getting nuttier out there. When I was growing up, I don't think it was like this. And, I don't think it's perception or because of more technology/news/social media. Think people are just crazier.
Maybe it's because of all the prescription drugs people are prescribed nowadays

Old 08-30-2012, 05:05 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree. And it seems to be happening more frequently. WHY?
It's not.
You just get to hear about it more thanks to our information superhighway.
There is actually a DECREASE in a lot of different kinds of crime, but the media doesn't want you to know that, because it's not drama-filled and ratings-friendly.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:02 PM

88,589 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Do you mean HH Holmes?
No, I think he means the "Batman" shooter.

But I know whom YOU mean!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime