Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The most scary serial killer ever?
Ted Bundy 28 15.64%
John Wayne Gacy 24 13.41%
Richard Ramirez 23 12.85%
The BTK Killer 13 7.26%
Henry Lee Lucas 6 3.35%
Green River Killer 5 2.79%
Jeffrey Dahmer 26 14.53%
The Hillside Strangler 2 1.12%
Robert Lee Yates 0 0%
Wayne Williams 1 0.56%
Other 51 28.49%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 06:48 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times

Advertisements

John Wayne Gacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This defines why kids are afraid of clowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 07:44 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,449,267 times
I lived in Wichita when the Oterro family was murdered, so, I choose the BTK killer, Dennis Rader.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:41 AM

42 posts, read 69,390 times
Andrei Chikatilo... Tried for 53 murders. Most of his victims were kids. he raped and tortured his victims. He admitted raping some of them while taking last breaths. True monster...

The Butcher of Rostov - Andrei Chikatilo - YouTube

Old 10-28-2013, 09:45 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Green River Killer too. 48 girls I think.
Gary Ridgway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep... I think about the case every time I drive over the river or by Kenworth where he worked... Some of the bodies were found not too far from where I live.

There was a phone interview with him on KOMO news radio a couple months ago... he called them and it was supposedly his first interview since being locked up. I only heard part of it but it was still pretty creepy...

More bodies are out there.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:48 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Gary Ridgway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep... I think about the case every time I drive over the river or by Kenworth where he worked... Some of the bodies were found not too far from where I live.

Pretty creepy...

I used to live in Tacoma. My father in law went to school with this creep.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,103,309 times
Albert Fish, without a doubt.

Hamilton Howard "Albert" Fish (May 19, 1870 – January 16, 1936) was an American serial killer. He was also known as the Gray Man, the Werewolf of Wysteria, the Brooklyn Vampire, the Moon Maniac and The Boogey Man. A child rapist and cannibal, he boasted that he "had children in every state," and at one time stated the number was about 100. However, it is not known whether he was talking about rapes or cannibalization, less still whether he was telling the truth. He was a suspect in at least five murders during his lifetime. Fish confessed to three murders that police were able to trace to a known homicide, and he confessed to stabbing at least two other people. He was put on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Grace Budd, and was convicted and executed by electric chair.

On May 25, 1928, Fish saw a classified advertisement in the Sunday edition of the New York World that read, "Young man, 18, wishes position in country. Edward Budd, 406 West 15th Street." On May 28, 1928, Fish, then 58 years old, visited the Budd family in Manhattan under the pretense of hiring Edward; he later confessed that he planned to tie Edward up, mutilate him, and leave him to bleed to death. He introduced himself as Frank Howard, a farmer from Farmingdale, New York. Fish promised to hire Budd and his friend Willie, and said he would send for them in a few days. He failed to show up, but he sent a telegraph to the Budd family apologizing and set a later date. When Fish returned, he met Grace Budd. He apparently changed his intended victim from Edward Budd to Grace Budd, and quickly made up a story about having to attend his niece's birthday party. He convinced the parents, Delia Flanagan and Albert Budd I, to let Grace accompany him to the party that evening. The elder Albert Budd was a porter for the United States Equitable Life Assurance Society. Grace had a younger sister, Beatrice, two older brothers, Edward and George Budd, and a younger brother, Albert Budd II. Grace left with Fish that day, but hadn't returned.

In November 1934, an anonymous letter was sent to the girl's parents, which ultimately led the police to Fish. Mrs. Budd was illiterate and could not read the letter herself, so she had her son read it to her. The unaltered letter (complete with Fish's misspellings and grammatical errors) reads:

Dear Mrs. Budd. In 1894 a friend of mine shipped as a deck hand on the Steamer Tacoma, Capt. John Davis. They sailed from San Francisco for Hong Kong, China. On arriving there he and two others went ashore and got drunk. When they returned the boat was gone. At that time there was famine in China. Meat of any kind was from $1–3 per pound. So great was the suffering among the very poor that all children under 12 were sold for food in order to keep others from starving. A boy or girl under 14 was not safe in the street. You could go in any shop and ask for steak—chops—or stew meat. Part of the naked body of a boy or girl would be brought out and just what you wanted cut from it. A boy or girl's behind which is the sweetest part of the body and sold as veal cutlet brought the highest price. John staid there so long he acquired a taste for human flesh. On his return to N.Y. he stole two boys, one 7 and one 11. Took them to his home stripped them naked tied them in a closet. Then burned everything they had on. Several times every day and night he spanked them – tortured them – to make their meat good and tender. First he killed the 11 year old boy, because he had the fattest ass and of course the most meat on it. Every part of his body was cooked and eaten except the head—bones and guts. He was roasted in the oven (all of his ass), boiled, broiled, fried and stewed. The little boy was next, went the same way. At that time, I was living at 409 E 100 St. near—right side. He told me so often how good human flesh was I made up my mind to taste it. On Sunday June the 3, 1928 I called on you at 406 W 15 St. Brought you pot cheese—strawberries. We had lunch. Grace sat in my lap and kissed me. I made up my mind to eat her. On the pretense of taking her to a party. You said yes she could go. I took her to an empty house in Westchester I had already picked out. When we got there, I told her to remain outside. She picked wildflowers. I went upstairs and stripped all my clothes off. I knew if I did not I would get her blood on them. When all was ready I went to the window and called her. Then I hid in a closet until she was in the room. When she saw me all naked she began to cry and tried to run down the stairs. I grabbed her and she said she would tell her mamma. First I stripped her naked. How she did kick – bite and scratch. I choked her to death, then cut her in small pieces so I could take my meat to my rooms. Cook and eat it. How sweet and tender her little ass was roasted in the oven. It took me 9 days to eat her entire body. I did not **** her tho I could of had I wished. She died a virgin.

Enjoy the nightmares: Albert Fish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-28-2013, 10:46 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
I will say Robert Pickton the "pig farmer" who picked up hookers in Vancouver and took them back to his farm and tied them up tortured them and then slaughtered them and fed them to his pigs appearently. Also Ted Bundy always creeped me out! there are many more but those are the top 2!
Agree, Pickton is the worst of the worst, then I'd say Richard Ramirez.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:58 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
If Charles Ng wasn't caught stealing, I don't know that he and Charles Lake would have ever been captured.

Charles Ng | Photos | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

Old 10-28-2013, 11:03 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,605,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I used to live in Tacoma. My father in law went to school with this creep.
I lived in Auburn for a couple years... so close to where he had dumped bodies. All this went on prior to me moving to the PNW but still creepy to think about it... and to think about the bodies not yet found.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:40 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
Son of Sam...lived 5 blocks from one of the shooting scenes and was 13 at the time...it gripped all of the city in fear...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime