Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Excuse me, but where was the check up folks who come see about the foster kids -even in one of their own takes one home?... and neighbors or relatives?? so much is seen and buried--- even on the Dr. Phil show these well to do parents talking about the 13 yr old daughter discipline problems and she was raped by some neighbor and they BOTH just did NOTHING... they just buried under the carpet for years... I would have them both arrested for letting the child suffer with out counseling etc... SICK people!!! and we allow the sickness,,,, even the laws to protect the childrenare so slack--- GRRRRRR
The check up folks was the foster mom she is a CPS supervisor so apparently no one ever bothered to check up on her and her husband is emergency room nurse.

According to the neighbors they was very recluse and house is situated back in woods. They had multiple malnutrist animals too.
Dozens of chickens, turkeys, geese, and even a peahen roamed the property among junked cars, bicycles, and appliances. It was stated deputies fed two llamas and a horse that shared a pen behind the house.

Deputy state living conditions inside was just as bad.Here the outside it located click here to see photos

Where the money is going wasnt to their well being but in NC a foster kid stiped is Current NC rates per child:
$475.00 for children 0-5
$581.00 for children 6-12
$634.00 for children 13-18

I agree with Jasper their is to much abuse in system that the system needs overhall and living in a group home is better solution and penalty to those who abandon a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 11:29 AM

Sheriff stated they was informed the child was handcuff regularly to the rail-road tie on porch because the kid had history of running away. The children slept on floor in a room with dog feces.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:36 AM

21 posts, read 25,085 times
The true nature of a County is on how well it's citizens treat woman, children, and animals. So what in the hell is going on here in the US?

Old 11-18-2013, 10:17 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Sheriff stated they was informed the child was handcuff regularly to the rail-road tie on porch because the kid had history of running away. The children slept on floor in a room with dog feces.
well just handcuff them with some chickens...

Old 11-18-2013, 10:37 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Default DSS Supervisor Charged With Child Abuse

This happened in my neck of the woods. My personal thoughts this woman needs to be executed, yes the death penalty for her and the man too.

Wanda Larson works for Union County department of Social Services. She's been promoted twice, most recently in December 2009 to child protective services supervisor, assigned to the investigative unit. Her salary is set at more than $54,000. Her boyfriend/SO/common law husband is an RN that worked the emergency room at a local hospital.

She has four adopted children and one foster child. Friday morning, an animal control deputy responding to a complaint about a loose pig found the 11-year-old foster child in his underwear handcuffed to the porch rail by his ankle. A dead chicken, whose feet had been tied together with string, hung around his neck. The boy appeared to be shivering, according to the sheriff’s office. In addition the county seized 93 animals from the home donkeys, llamas, dogs, cats, and 75 chickens and ducks.

The home was a nasty mess and all the children were sleeping on the floor with the filth. All were underfed and forced to endure unusual punishments. None of the children have ever attended school or been enrolled in the school system. Larson had filled out paperwork that she was homeschooling the children (with her working a full time job!)

Larson and her boyfriend or SO have been arrested and appeared before the judge. They both requested public defenders and unable to made their bail they remain in jail. The children have been placed with DSS in another NC county.

DSS supervisor, ER nurse charged in abuse of boy, 11 | WCNC.com Charlotte

Old 11-19-2013, 05:43 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,345,991 times
I can picture her now, arriving for court in a gingham dress, holding a bible.
She is a disgusting human who should be in jail directly proportional to the number of children she adopted and how long she had them, i.e. 5 kids for 5 years, then she serves 25 years. That's how many years she stole from them and it's how many she should pay back. She should also pay back all the money she received for adopting them.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:47 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
I , truly, do not understand how anyone would intentionally hurt a child. This is disgusting, on way to many levels. A dead chicken around his neck?! Chickens are NASTY birds. Filthy and, especially in that area, riddled with parasites, that evacuate to the next nearest host when the one they are living on dies and turns cold. Fleas, Chiggers, Ticks etc.

The woman here works for DSS as well. Yep, got the inside track to extra income, and new victims.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:55 AM

It is now discovered she home schooled the adopted five children, nothing wrong but definitely a way to hide living conditions or kids seeking help.
This itself should had a check in system. Those poor kids, one can hope they will fill grow up productive citizens but can also expect like of crime or mass shootings too.
THe DSS system is totally broken.

Here a local video story. http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...d-found/nbwPS/

Old 11-19-2013, 08:31 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I was offered a job by DCFS, as a consultant, to review their system, with a team and make suggestions for change, it was a fat contract. This was ten years ago, I turned the job down flat. No regrets. Best career decision I ever made. The system is corrupt, with either overzealous workers, or lazy ones, both are bad news. The foster care homes are often as bad or worse than the homes kds were removed from.even good ones have issues, with foster parents having agendas to adopt, and often thwart family unification.

The only change would be to scrap it and create a new system. Often money for foster care ends up in private agency coffers, doing little to improve services for children. Part of the decentralization of services and increasing outsourcing, which, paradoxically creates a perfect vacuum for less monitoring. Sometimes, biy government is a good thing.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:02 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I was offered a job by DCFS, as a consultant, to review their system, with a team and make suggestions for change, it was a fat contract. This was ten years ago, I turned the job down flat. No regrets. Best career decision I ever made. The system is corrupt, with either overzealous workers, or lazy ones, both are bad news. The foster care homes are often as bad or worse than the homes kds were removed from.even good ones have issues, with foster parents having agendas to adopt, and often thwart family unification.

The only change would be to scrap it and create a new system. Often money for foster care ends up in private agency coffers, doing little to improve services for children. Part of the decentralization of services and increasing outsourcing, which, paradoxically creates a perfect vacuum for less monitoring. Sometimes, biy government is a good thing.
Jasper, we need your services here in NC!!! Surely, this has to be an emergency situation at the State level . . . after all, federal dollars are involved, not just state $$$.

My sister works/volunteers as a guardian ad litem (but in a different county) . . . we need a cadre of dedicated, professional adults to step into that guardian ad litem role. It is a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime