Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 12:00 PM

159 posts, read 169,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
Processing the crime scene doesn't necessarily mean that it happened AT the crime scene though. Typically, the forensic team comes in and takes samples, photographs and other evidence and take it back to a lab. What possible reason would that need to take place on location?
If you read the final report, it clearly says it took 7 days to process the interior and exterior of the school crime scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 12:03 PM

8,079 posts, read 7,444,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferL View Post
The report says it took 7 days to process the crime scene. I find it very strange that they would let in cleaning and moving crews while they were processing the crime scene.
Oh for Pete's sake. I can't believe how dumb some people can be.

Without spelling it out in graphic detail, why would anyone *not* want the crime scene cleaned???

Old 03-28-2014, 12:09 PM

159 posts, read 169,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Oh for Pete's sake. I can't believe how dumb some people can be.

Without spelling it out in graphic detail, why would anyone *not* want the crime scene cleaned???
Do you actually think they have people come in and clean a crime scene before they are done processing it?

Old 03-28-2014, 12:24 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,415,160 times
OP,

Respectfully, no Investigators or ME "ever" "ever" calls the next of kin to come down and ID a victim at > the crime scene< not ever.

And, I might add, not one as horrific and terrible as this one, I say RIP and "Blue Skies" to the teachers and children..

Old 03-28-2014, 12:24 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
JenniferL and other conspiracy theorists: again, I am curious as to WHY some people need to see a conspiracy behind this horrendous event? What, exactly, do they think happened, and more importantly, WHY -- WHY would such an event be made up? No one ever seems to have an answer to those questions. (Third time I've asked IN THIS THREAD, but the conspiracy theorists have ignored my posts.)

The conspiracy that you seem to think happened would have taken the cooperation of hundreds if not thousands of individuals, all keeping some "secret of Newtown." (Sounds like a bad movie on the sci-fi channel.) It boggles the mind that anyone with a working brain could believe such a thing.

Last edited by karen_in_nh_2012; 03-28-2014 at 01:24 PM..

Old 03-28-2014, 01:17 PM

8,079 posts, read 7,444,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferL View Post
Do you actually think they have people come in and clean a crime scene before they are done processing it?
This wasn't just any old crime scene, was it.

But you didn't answer my question: Why would you *not* want the crime scene cleaned?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:25 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,866,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
Interesting point - they were actually in the building for months afterwards. Probably recreating every inch that the shooter moved per millisecond (or something high-tech like that). To have a preserved crime scene of a mass murder to study must have been of great value to investigators. At the very least, it has educational value and may lead to better/safer schools. Maybe they could study the building acoustics of gunshots and answer the OP's question about what the survivors heard.
I can understand why they would want to learn as much about the crime scene and the events that happened that day. I do not understand why doing that in a cleaned environment is mandatory, though.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:28 PM

368 posts, read 396,307 times
Conspiracy theorists can't even make up their collective minds on whether Sandy Hook was real or not. Some outright deny that anybody died that day, while others believe that the tragedy did occur, but was perpetrated by people within our own government as some act of propaganda to further a specific agenda. Short of seeing kids being shot up with their own eyes purely for entertainment purposes, some will never believe it. What is this obsession with needing to see murder being committed in order to believe it happened?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:34 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,866,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
Short of seeing kids being shot up with through their own eyes purely for entertainment purposes, some will never believe it. What is this obsession with needing to see murder being committed in order to believe it happened?
Psychologically speaking, the human mind is very adept at repressing and blocking out traumatic events. Anyone that has ever worked with trauma survivors knows this is a well documented fact. Other the most depraved among us would want to see dead children lying in a pool of blood. And, for those first responders that do see that kind of thing - they would love to be able to just soon forget it.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:18 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
I think everyone should actually learn what 'cleaning a crime scene' means before reading into it too much and making assumptions. Here's a hint: it's not what you see on TV.

If I saw shadows in everything I found 'strange,' rather than just admit to not understanding at the moment, I'd drive myself insane. Hmmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime