Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,076,102 times

Advertisements

RIVERSIDE COUNTY: Death penalty upheld for serial killer William Suff | Riverside News | PE.com

The California Supreme Court on Monday upheld the death penalty and convictions of serial killer William Suff, found guilty of murdering, and in some cases mutilating, 12 women whose bodies were found dumped in fields, citrus groves and along rural roadsides in western Riverside County from 1989 through 1991.

The state’s high court voted 7-0 to uphold the convictions and death sentence for the worst serial-murder case in Riverside County history.

Most of the victims, from Riverside or Lake Elsinore, were prostitutes hooked on heroin or other drugs.

Some of the women were married. Several had children. They died from strangulation and stabbing, and some were found in posed positions.

Police said Suff kept jewelry and clothing from the women he killed, washed the articles and gave them to female friends.

Suff, now 63, was convicted and sentenced to death in 1995.

[LEFT]SUFF’S TROUBLED PAST

Sept. 25, 1973 - Suff kills 2-month-old daughter, Dijanet. She dies of ruptured liver and numerous broken bones.

April 11, 1974 - Suff and his first wife Teryl convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to 70-year prison terms. Teryl's conviction later overturned.

Feb. 3, 1984 - Suff paroled from Texas to California.

Oct. 9, 1986 - Suff hired by Riverside County as a warehouse clerk.

March 9, 1987 - Suff discharged from parole but required to continue annual reporting.

Jan. 18, 1988 - Body of Lisa Lacik, 21, of San Bernardino, found near Highway 330 in San Bernardino National Forest. Suff is prime suspect but not charged.

January 1989 - Prostitute Rhonda Jetmore attacked in Lake Elsinore. She escapes and reports attack to police, but crime wasn’t linked to serial killings until 1992, when she identifies Suff as her attacker.

June 28, 1989 - Body of Kimberly Lyttle, 28, found in Cottonwood Canyon area.

Dec. 13, 1989 - Body of Christina Leal, 23, found off Goetz Road in Quail Valley area.

Jan. 18, 1990 - Body of Darla Ferguson, 23, found in Cottonwood Canyon area south of Canyon Lake, a half-mile from where Lyttle's body was found.

Feb. 8, 1990 - Body of Carol Miller, 34, found in Highgrove.

Nov. 6, 1990 - Body of Cheryl Coker, 33, found in northeast Riverside.

Dec. 21, 1990 - Body of Susan Sternfeld, 27, found in dumpster near where Miller and Coker were found.

Jan. 19, 1991 - Body of Kathleen Milne Puckett, 42, found northwest of Lake Elsinore.

April 26, 1991 - Body of Cherie Payseur, 24, found in Riverside.

July 4, 1991 - Body of Sherry Latham, 37, found in Lake Elsinore.

Aug. 16, 1991 - Body of Kelly Hammond, 27, found in Corona.

Sept. 13, 1991 - Body of Catherine McDonald, 30, found in Lake Elsinore.

Oct. 26, 1991 - Suff's 3-month-old baby, Bridgette, suffers serious injuries in the home and is removed by San Bernardino County authorities.

Oct. 30, 1991 - Body of Delliah Zamora, 35, found in Mira Loma near Highway 60.

Dec. 23, 1991 - Body of Eleanore Ojeda Casares, 39, found in Riverside orange grove, a half-mile from a police station.

Jan. 9, 1992 - Suff is stopped for traffic violation in Riverside. He is questioned and later jailed for failing to report to authorities under Texas parole.

July 28, 1992 - Grand jury indicts Suff on 14 murder counts and one attempted murder count.
[/LEFT]
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 09:46 PM

966 posts, read 1,345,451 times
too bad he will never get the needle, Commiefornia does not have the balls, they probably will parole him in 10 more years as long as he promises never to do it again

Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,964 times
It's amazing, I am so glad I don't live in California. The things they do in that state outrages me. Probably because they were 'only prostitutes,' right? He should get the death penalty for killing his child at least. This is outrageous!!!

Old 04-29-2014, 11:40 AM

1,608 posts, read 3,076,102 times
Here's the whole case file of the guy.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/documents/S049741.PDF

Old 04-29-2014, 12:19 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
This guy's "troubled past" reads more like the trouble he's been inflicting on innocent people for too long.

I doubt he'll ever see execution, though. After all, that is California.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:22 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,445,836 times
No one ever sees the needle in CA. This state is a joke on many levels and this is one of them.

Richard Ramirez sat on death row until he died from Hep C and other ailments. In TX this evil low life would not have existed that long on the tax payers money. He was no doubt guilty of the horrific things he did and certainly deserved the needle a long time ago. For 23 years he sat on death row.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:11 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,031,245 times
I think MOST states don't administer the death penalty. I see and read so many stories about a defendant who had the death penalty imposed on him or her, only to have it commuted to a life sentence. It isn't just California. We had a ballot measure not too long ago in CA to either uphold the death penalty or abolish it. The voters voted to keep it. I voted to abolish it solely because we have to pay for it. If we actually implemented it, I am in favor of keeping it and paying for it. However, I see no reason why we should have to pay for something we don't use. If we have to pay for it, let's use it. If we aren't going to use it, don't make us pay for it!!!

BTW, the Suff case was prosecuted in our office by then DDA Paul Zellerbach who later became a Superior Court judge. He later ran for District Attorney against Rod Pacheco and won. He is currently being challenged by Mike Hestrin, also in the same DA's office. For the life of me, I cannot understand THIS:

District Attorney Paul Zellerbach gets caught in County car - YouTube

Police unions call for Paul Zellerbach resignation

Old 04-29-2014, 03:58 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,445,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
. However, I see no reason why we should have to pay for something we don't use. If we have to pay for it, let's use it. If we aren't going to use it, don't make us pay for it!!!
Well from my experience here it seems to be the CA way. Or don't tell us that you are going to use the money for this and that but don't. So yes we are paying for it and I wonder where there money really goes?

And yes I support the death sentence.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:16 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
No one ever sees the needle in CA. This state is a joke on many levels and this is one of them.

Richard Ramirez sat on death row until he died from Hep C and other ailments. In TX this evil low life would not have existed that long on the tax payers money. He was no doubt guilty of the horrific things he did and certainly deserved the needle a long time ago. For 23 years he sat on death row.
Yes. The limp wristed liberals of this state has ruined it. Like it or not, the liberal cause is a failure.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:50 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,757,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This guy's "troubled past" reads more like the trouble he's been inflicting on innocent people for too long.

I doubt he'll ever see execution, though. After all, that is California.

They don't do it often, but they do execute people there. The last 3 I know of were in 2005 and 2006, so it may have been quite a while. The Suffster is a great candidate if you're going to do it at all -- it would show everyone that America takes the murders of even poor, drug-addicted and homeless women seriously. That's who the creep targeted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime