Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 01:06 PM

102 posts, read 101,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Many prison systems have public access records on inmates. They check on each other through outside friends who can access the systems.
And I don't doubt that happens on occasion. But is there a systematic attempt on the part of the inmate population to get a new inmate's record in order to target him should he be a sex offender? No. Just doesn't happen.
Quote:
I think you're totally wrong on this. Black child molesters will get jumped by other black inmates.
And white child molesters might get jumped by white inmates, or others. What is your point? And how does it refute mine? Prison is largely segregated socially by race. That doesn't mean they all live harmoniously within the group. I don't claim it's universally true, but inmates are more likely to defend/protect another inmate of their own race, regardless of their crime.

Quote:
Dahmer expected that he would be killed in prison:
DAHMER KILLER CHARGED - TIME
Again, I don't see your point. That doesn't refute what I said. He wasn't targeted because of the nature of his crimes.

Quote:
There's two types of behavior: interactions with guards & staff, and interactions with fellow inmates. There are many angles to each.
Yes, that's essentially what I'm saying. How one is treated in prison usually has less to do with their offense and more with other "angles". Will some pedophiles face harassment from other inmates? I'm sure some do. Just as some inmates will face harassment because they're perceived as weak, as homosexual, as a thief, as a snitch, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 01:29 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,844,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Questions about prison hierarchy and prisoner to prisoner interactions

I was reading in another forum about a specific case of a person who is accused of committing the rape and murder of a baby. He ends up in prison only to be retaliated against for his actions.

Jiu-jitsu instructor facing charges of abusing, killing 1 year old stepson - Bloody Elbow

There is a very graphic image of this person after his attack which I will not post here. But it shows his horrific injuries.

My question is why would the other prisoners even care what this person did? It is not like many prisoners are saints or angels themselves. Some prisoners, of course, are imprisoned for much lesser crimes, but does this mean there is a constant war going on in prison between those who have committed major offenses and those that committed less offenses?

Therefore, where there any members who were willing to stick up for this victim who in turn retaliated against his assailants.

And I have often heard, that weaker inmates will sometimes get "pimped" out, and become the homosexual lover of another stronger inmate. Yet at the same time I have heard sexual assault offenders are considered the lowest on the totem pole. How is this even tolerated then?

Or are these kinds of incidences completely isolated from one another, and occurs on case by case basis, and there is no prison hierarchy, or code of honor universal to most prisons.
Many prisoners were physically or sexually abused as children so they have an automatic hatred toward child abusers/killers and that hatred is pretty embedded in prison culture.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:27 PM

854 posts, read 1,485,030 times
Because they're hypocrites. I mean, if you stabbed your wife to death, are you really that much better of a person than this dude? Nah. Whatever makes em sleep better at night.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:30 PM

854 posts, read 1,485,030 times
Oh yeah I should also note that my dad was mugged three times in San Francisco as a twelve year old. There might be some criminals who follow the "Wouldn't hurt a child" code but I honestly feel like many don't really give a f*ck.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:56 AM

12,111 posts, read 23,325,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
They are targeted because many inmates have families and kids of their own and they don't like pedophiles for that reason.
This. From speaking with corrections officers, they tell me that even hard core killers have mothers, sisters and children, and that rapists and pedophiles are the lowest of the low.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:15 AM

12,111 posts, read 23,325,551 times
@Tyrannis: A convict "reception committee" meets all incoming inmates and demands to see their sentencing paperwork, which is part of their personal property that follows them to prison.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,409,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
Because they're hypocrites. I mean, if you stabbed your wife to death, are you really that much better of a person than this dude? Nah. Whatever makes em sleep better at night.
Yes you are. Other inmates understand being angry and acting wrong. they do NOT understand hurting kids. Killing other adults is ok, kids arent. Especially if you did so intentionally.

These people often have kids too, some of whom they will NEVER see. They have nothing to lose in many cases.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:46 PM

23,255 posts, read 29,108,214 times
Child molesters can lead quite a safe life in prison if they're in protective custody, which they share space with others who might be killed/harmed if they're in general population, like police officers, and judges.

But you can choose, from what I understand, if you're a child molester, protective custody or face the music with general population!

Prisoners just don't understand much of it, that your average child molester was molested/abused himself, at some point in time, and they're on "automatic pilot", they can't stop themselves!

My grandfather physically abused my father, my father, in a continuum, physically abused me, and if I had had children, who's to say the continuum wouldn't have been extended? Same with incest!

I once read a true crime book involving a woman who was physically abused by her parents, and she swore, that one day, when she had children, she'd treat her children with all the love in the world.
And? What happened? She was arrested for child abuse! On automatic pilot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime