Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 04:44 PM

7,635 posts, read 8,705,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv7370 View Post
So after this Las Vegas road rage in all the news, you see what I mean by me thinking this was road rage. We had something similar to this in the area I live in also. Maybe Markel was an aggressive driver and it teed somebody off to the point of this happening. He said on the phone someone pulled in behind him who he did not know.
Yeah I thought about your theory when I saw that news, but in that case, the two parties had confrontations and reportedly collision. Of course, most confrontations don't happen in front of a camera or witnesses. I would be very bothered if it's road rage in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 08:55 AM

175 posts, read 256,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
I would be very bothered if it's road rage in this case.

Me too! In heavy populated areas this does happen. One case in our area, a woman beeped at a guy who pulled quickly in front of her and he shot back at her. It didn't kill her, thankfully. I think the best thing to do is mind your own business and let them do their foolishness, especially with the guns out there now. Wish this case would get solved but it's been a awhile.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:51 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times
This just came out today: His father has an opinion/feeling on "who did it" but isn't saying:

Father of FSU professor shot in the head in his garage finally speaks out | Daily Mail Online

Terribly long, drawn-out 911 call....

Old 03-05-2015, 03:49 PM

Thanks for the update--I missed that article. My two cents:

1. I am guessing the father has suspicion of the victim's wife. As a family member, he's more familiar with the spouse than the Internet comment posters.

2. Most people seem to tend to connect those Facebook friend requests to the Internet discussion poster. But I think that if the wife had planned to hire a contract killer, then it's possible some of the requests were made by either the wife or the hitman.

I just don't believe this killing had to do with Internet discussions.

I really hope (but am not hopeful) that at least one of the two mysteries could be solved soon: Dan Markel, and MH370.

P.S. Given the bad relationship between Markel and his ex-wife, I feel sorry for his parents for probably not being able to see their grandchildren again for the rest of their lives.

Last edited by snowmountains; 03-05-2015 at 03:57 PM..

Old 03-06-2015, 05:01 PM

I remember a couple years back, some ex-wive's father drove to another state and killed the ex-husband. Just another theory here, but I'm sure that was checked out.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
I am guessing the father has suspicion of the victim's wife. As a family member, he's more familiar with the spouse than the Internet comment posters.....I just don't believe this killing had to do with Internet discussions.

My thoughts exactly when I read the article. I could almost feel the father trying hard not to say what he thought; he seemed to "speak" between the lines. At least that's what I got from it. And she's down in south Florida.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:34 AM

21 posts, read 23,853 times
He was assassinated for challenging the status quo. Don't think it only happens in movies.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:57 AM

Since they have found no one, I will again say it's road rage. Read this:Houston Woman Shot in the Head During Road Rage Incident, Police Say - ABC News

Old 07-18-2015, 10:26 PM

Picture of suspect's car released

"'(The car) may have possibly been used by the perpetrator of the crime and then returned to the owner unknown to the owner,' said TPD spokesman Officer David Northway."

Why did the police wait 1 year to release the picture of the car? And especially why did they make the peculiar statement above? The only explanation I could think of is that the police may have found more clues not disclosed to the public.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:01 PM

Thank you for posting this update! I had wondered what had happened to this case. Does seem strange language to use -- I wonder if they know who was driving the car at the time the photo was taken? Windows are blacked-out, but I feel like they issued this cryptic statement because they have a strong suspect and are possibly watching what that person will do after the release of this information.

Could it be ex-wife Wendi, even though police say that though she did move to South Florida, she's been "cooperating fully?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime