Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 12:00 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
That's what the benefit of hindsight gets you, though. Looks "boy next door" enough here.

No, the eyes are not "normal" to me. But not like the later years for sure! If you find one of those photo's you can see the "transformation" to a full fledged maniac!! I suppose as years went on and he was "perfecting his art" w/ his eyes reflecting that. Strange phenomenon, but eyes are windows of the soul.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 05-22-2015 at 12:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 01:20 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
No, the eyes are not "normal" to me. But not like the later years for sure! If you find one of those photo's you can see the "transformation" to a full fledged maniac!! I suppose as years went on and he was "perfecting his art" w/ his eyes reflecting that. Strange phenomenon, but eyes are windows of the soul.
Well then, you might want to go into law enforcement or at maybe as an optometrist where you have a lot of access to eyes so you can call local PD's.

I still believe once you know something about someone, you have a confirmation bias.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:15 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
And, I never thought he was the "boy next door" as the media dubbed him. His eyes are a "dead" give away, literally, they look like evil incarnate. Even when dressed up in a suit. He never looked "normal" to me in any photos I've seen.
We're on the same page there. I face read, the eyes don't lie, his voice is creepy, its screams predator.

But then I have the bias spoken of in the previous post; even without it though, I'd deem him creepy.

Last edited by virgode; 05-22-2015 at 02:30 PM..

Old 05-22-2015, 08:37 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,077,590 times
Ah...the 70's.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I was working at a roadside fast food/gas station place in northern Nevada just a couple hours from Utah around '75 - '77, and a guy came in for gas. He came to the little restaurant and asked if I wanted to go for a ride with him. He was driving a sporty looking car and offered me a ride in it. My brother (who pumped the gas) fiercely said to me do NOT go. You CAN'T go. He seemed like a nice personable guy to me, smiling and charming and convincing, but my older bro was practically threatening me, so I didn't go.

That guy looked an awful lot like Bundy, and I fit his victim profile. 15 - 17, long straight hair parted in the middle. I often wonder if it was him.

The vast majority of Bundy's known victims were in their 20s (and definitely not in the 15-17 age range).

Old 05-26-2015, 06:53 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The vast majority of Bundy's known victims were in their 20s (and definitely not in the 15-17 age range).
According to wiki one was 12 and a few were 15, 16, 17. I'm taller and as a teen was always told I look a little older. Probably just a big coincidence.

After someone posted those tapes I tried to remember the guy's voice, but I have absolutely no recollection of it.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:26 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
He just sounds so "normal". I don't mean the words that are coming out of his mouth of course. I mean the tone and manner in which he speaks. For me that's what is so scary about him. The guy next door normalcy of him. He didn't present as being insane. I guess that's what sets sociopaths apart. The ability to blend. Creepy.
It sets apart the ones who know how to cope, how to present as normal.
The Mask of Sanity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
NEARLY to the end. He decided at the last minute that he didn't want to go to hell and confessed to 36 killings, some of which had never been connected to him before. Good luck getting to heaven, there, Ted.
Pffft. Hell had nothing to do with it - he tried to buy time by acknowledging murders and exchanginginformation on where the remains of some of the missing could be located for more time before his sentence was carried out.

Quote:
13 of Bundys 25 identified victims (20 murdered, 5 survived) were in their twenties (hardly the 'vast majority') and 12 in their teens - including two aged 12, one aged 15, one aged 16, and three aged 17.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:37 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Oh I see, you thought I was saying all his vics were 15 - 17. That's actually my age range when it happened. I don't remember the exact summer.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:42 PM

469 posts, read 576,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
That's what the benefit of hindsight gets you, though. Looks "boy next door" enough here.
Is it just me or does he have a resemblance to a young George W. Bush? (Completely non political post, no offense intended at all.)

Old 05-28-2015, 11:51 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
According to wiki one was 12 and a few were 15, 16, 17. I'm taller and as a teen was always told I look a little older. Probably just a big coincidence.

After someone posted those tapes I tried to remember the guy's voice, but I have absolutely no recollection of it.
Two of them were 12, as a matter of fact -- Kimberly Leach and Lynette Culver.

To me his voice always sounded stuffy and pretentious. He was always trying to sound like a big shot. And, yes, there is a resemblance to "W" now you mention it. I never noticed that before!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime