Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 08:14 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times

Advertisements

The Jamie Hood trial started this week in Athens, Georgia. Hood, who faces the death penalty, has already confessed to shooting two police officers in March 2011, Officer Elmer Christian, who was killed and Officer Tony Howard, who survived, despite being shot in the face and shoulder. He is also on trial for the murder of Kenneth Wray and kidnapping of Judon Brooks.

The jury is sequestered and the judge is trying his best to move this trial along. They have stayed late and had court today (Saturday.)

Hood has fired two sets of public defenders and he is defending himself. It is something else to watch. I watched the testimony of Judon Brooks and the cross by Hood. Judon Brooks, the guy Hood kidnapped, started asking Hood questions and the judge finally told Brooks, you can't ask him questions. He is suppose to be asking you questions. A juror was dismissed today and Hood could have requested a mistrial but he didn't.

There is several live streams of the trial if anyone is interested.

Jamie Hood Trial Live Stream | Classic City Today

Court Chatter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBuBOyEmjM0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 06:20 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,158,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Judon Brooks, the guy Hood kidnapped, started asking Hood questions and the judge finally told Brooks, you can't ask him questions. He is suppose to be asking you questions. [/youtube]
LOL Did Hood answer the questions?

Old 06-28-2015, 06:21 AM

388 posts, read 425,747 times
Yes, I am interested. Is this being covered well anywhere on the internet or in the papers?

Old 06-28-2015, 06:45 AM

388 posts, read 425,747 times
Just watched some of the youtube videos. Hood did not want his family to be investigated and dragged through the mud by HIS lawyers to give him a bogus defense (maybe he was a sad kid, didn't get enough love).
He confessed, but never said he set out to kill a cop. Said he wants a chance to tell his side, and I believe that is the American Way.
I don't know if the jury will agree it was a justified killing. But will watch.
That really could go either way, imo. Just the fact Hood didn't deny anything, said he wants to tell the truth and fought the excuses being set up by those court appointed lawyers... I do think he deserves to be heard.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:00 PM

Hood is doing the best he can and is very respectful when the prosecution objects to his line of questioning. In July he had to be removed from the courtroom over his outburst. He had a public defender that was arguing he was psychologically incompetent to stand trial. That strategy could save his life, but Hood does not want to rely on that defense. He hit the ceiling and said, "I'm not running from trial. I don't want to come in and plead I'm mentally incompetent when I'm not." So he fired that defense team.

He has been cross examining the police officer he shot right now.

Live streaming sites:

Jamie Hood Trial Live Stream | Classic City Today

WXIA Breaking Video

WSB-TV Live Event | www.wsbtv.com

Well, Hood just lost it, he screamed at the top of his lungs at Officer Howard (the one he shot that lived) and the judge only said "calm down." Hood screamed "Do you think that you played a role in Buddy Christian losing his life. DO YOU THINK THAT?

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 06-29-2015 at 01:12 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
LOL Did Hood answer the questions?
No the judge stopped that quickly. It was funny, Hood was asking Brooks, if Brooks had told Hood to get him 50 pounds of marijuana. Brooks then asked have I ever bought marijuana from you Jamie. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime