Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 08:50 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,719 times

Advertisements

This is just unbelievable. I can't find much on the family but they seem to have really kept to themselves. Robert, the 18 year old son who seems to have been the instigator, looks pretty nuts in this photo.

Oklahoma police scour social media for clues to stabbings | www.wsbtv.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 07:06 PM

158 posts, read 200,307 times
Spikett. I'm just glad that the sister survived the attack and was able to tell LE what happened.

Btw. The younger better be charged as an adult as well. This story is just horrible and sickening.

The boys or atleast one of them were old enough to just move out the house.

Plus since they killed the younger siblings; I doubt it was because of parental abuse.

But since I'm not judge and jury; Maybe the younger cooperated with the elder brother out of fear. But I truly doubt that. Jmo

Old 07-25-2015, 07:09 PM

158 posts, read 200,307 times
Btw. His mugshot is screaming meth head. Jmo.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:42 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
To me he looks sane and not at all stoned -- just very pleased with himself. This reminds me of Butch DeFeo; he killed his parents because he thought there was a box stuffed with money hidden in the bedroom, then he killed his sibs because he didn't want to have to raise them himself.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:03 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,493,092 times
I used to live in the area, and I can tell you that that part of the world is rife with religious fundamentalists who home school and isolate their children form the outside world. Much like the Duggars of "19 Kids" fame, they practice "quivering" - no birth control, have as many children as possible because each child is a blessing from god. Strict patriarchy - Dad works, Mom does not, and every family member must submit to the will of the father (whether his judgement is good or not). The women and girls do not cut their hair.

Everything I've read about this family tells me this was the case. In the seven years they lived in the neighborhood, the kids were seldom seen outside the house and were not allowed to play with any of the neighborhood children.

Neither the 18 year-old or the 16 year old had a drivers license. (Can you imagine being 18 years old and not being allowed to drive because Dad said "no"?)

Other followers of the "quivering" lifestyle were Andrea and Rusty Yates - and we know the sad ending to that family.

Something tells me this was an act of rage and rebellion by the probably not-right-in the head 18 year-old, and the 16 year old went along with it.

Tulsa suburb struggles to cope with horrors found in home | Boston Herald

Old 07-27-2015, 04:14 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
This is just unbelievable. I can't find much on the family but they seem to have really kept to themselves. Robert, the 18 year old son who seems to have been the instigator, looks pretty nuts in this photo.

Red flags.. they seem secretive, ..religious beliefs?.... somethings odd

Others in the subdivision noted the family seemed isolated to the point that they appeared to avoid community events'.

By many neighbors' accounts, the Bevers kept out of sight and to themselves — the kids played alone in the backyard, walked down neighborhood ]streets bunched together and their parents didn't socialize much. That appeared to carry over to the father's work.

Last edited by virgode; 07-27-2015 at 04:23 PM..

Old 07-27-2015, 04:17 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,100,649 times
Local OK news has reported there was a big delivery of ammunition scheduled to arrive at that address the following morning.

They had further plans

Old 07-28-2015, 09:58 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,392,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
I used to live in the area, and I can tell you that that part of the world is rife with religious fundamentalists who home school and isolate their children form the outside world. Much like the Duggars of "19 Kids" fame, they practice "quivering" - no birth control, have as many children as possible because each child is a blessing from god. Strict patriarchy - Dad works, Mom does not, and every family member must submit to the will of the father (whether his judgement is good or not). The women and girls do not cut their hair.
Glad to hear that non repressed secular families are always well rounded and violence free (then again, the Columbine duo might be an exception... .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Everything I've read about this family tells me this was the case. In the seven years they lived in the neighborhood, the kids were seldom seen outside the house and were not allowed to play with any of the neighborhood children.
Being isolated and perhaps having strange personalities does not automatically equal "religous fundamentalists. Not all home schoolers are religous and the curriculumn that this family used 'Citizens High School' does not appear to be religous based (I cant open the site on my computer).

Old 07-28-2015, 10:12 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post

When I saw his photo I thought he looked very scary, indeed.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,025 times
Latest news is that the older boy walked twenty minutes to work a menial job at a strip mall. He told a co-worker he hated being homeschooled, could have gone to Harvard if he had had a proper education, got tired of being around the family all the time, had no friends. He also said his family was very religious and he was not.

Robert Bever told police he and his brother planned the attack for a long time, decided to start a spree by killing the family, who were soft or easy targets. They ordered 3000 rounds of ammunition online which was scheduled for delivery the day after the murders. They planned to move on to harder targets outside the home.

Last edited by Hudson10; 07-28-2015 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: More info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime