Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 08:03 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times

Advertisements

The mother appears to be POed because they were charged. At least that's what her photo looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 10:42 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times
These are the kind of people who shouldn't be allowed to breed. How stupid!

I'm wondering what's up with his mother's lips? There is something not right there...it's the exact same thing I noticed with the mother of David Sweat in TV interviews, he's one of the two notorious killers that escaped this summer from a prison in Upper NY State. I've seen it before and don't get it.

Is it from a particular condition, drug use, alcoholism, lack of teeth, too much smoking, or what? I'm not trying to be critical here but trying to understand it as I've seen it before and don't believe they were born like that.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:54 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
“I am not here to make parenting decisions for people,” Uinta County Attorney Loretta Gerrard said. “What I hope people understand, however, is that some traditional parenting lore, wives tales or theories don’t apply in an age where we have refined products that accelerate the effect of chemicals on the human body.”

Why dont they apply? Why cant parents be parents and be hard on their kids even if that means sometimes they get hurt. Being a parent is just as much about teaching your kids about the toughness and unfairness of life just as much as it is about protecting them.

Could the parents of this kid done something different? Perhaps. Should they be sent to jail for 20 years? I dont think so. What we need is to get back to the days of letting parents be parents and keeping our noses out of their business.
A person DIED because of their actions!!!! This has NOTHING to do with being a parent. It has doe with being an a$$h*!e. You don't EVER force someone to consume alcohol. You don't force someone to drink so they become intoxicated. You don't someone to drink to teach them a lesson. You don't force someone to drink a whole bottle of alcohol! His BAL was over .5 HOURS AFTER drinking! That kid never had a chance at life with those 2 idiots. They are not parents. They are MURDERS!

Old 09-18-2015, 11:10 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
You know how my parents taught me about alcohol? My father would let me sip his beer from time to time from the time I was a small child. Just a sip or two. And I never saw them drink enough to get drunk when I was young. So many kids see their parents wasted at parties on a regular basis - it boggles my mind.

Heck, Pop used to bring me a case of beer every time he visited when I was still underaged at college. Because he knew I'd just be having an occasional beer at the end of a long week. Because that's what he did.

I'll tie one on from time to time, but my last hangover was the first one I'd had in almost 20 years.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:23 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
The graphic they showed on Nancy Grace last night indicated that the boys BAL of .587 equaled about 20 shots of liquor in 2 hours. That would require the kid to take a shot of whiskey every 6 minutes. I doubt if there are many grown adults that could tolerate that amount of alcohol in that short of time frame, let alone a teenager.
I can understand letting the kid drink 1 or 2 shots, or maybe a few beers, to get their point across about the effects of drinking. But what these parents did went way overboard, and beyond stupid to the point of being criminal. Hope they get locked up for a while.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:49 PM

773 posts, read 786,528 times
Quote:
True. I also think that maybe the kid shouldve shut the hell up about wanting to drink all the time.
Yeah! Serves him right! He deserved to die!

I hope you're not a parent.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:26 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
“I am not here to make parenting decisions for people,” Uinta County Attorney Loretta Gerrard said. “What I hope people understand, however, is that some traditional parenting lore, wives tales or theories don’t apply in an age where we have refined products that accelerate the effect of chemicals on the human body.”

Why dont they apply? Why cant parents be parents and be hard on their kids even if that means sometimes they get hurt. Being a parent is just as much about teaching your kids about the toughness and unfairness of life just as much as it is about protecting them.

Could the parents of this kid done something different? Perhaps. Should they be sent to jail for 20 years? I dont think so. What we need is to get back to the days of letting parents be parents and keeping our noses out of their business.
This has got to be one of the worst things I've heard in awhile. The child did not merely get a scraped knee after mom and dad let go of the bike. This child died. At the hands of his parents.

I'm speechless.

Old 09-18-2015, 03:47 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:

Utterly stupid! Loretta Gerrard knows she won't win this. This mother was obsessed with her sons father and not him. It's more to the tune of - mommy married an alcoholic! Her son's B.A.C levels are legally dead BTW, which usually means, daddy's not coming back.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:13 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
True. I also think that maybe the kid shouldve shut the hell up about wanting to drink all the time.
Well they certainly shut him up, right ? Murder one.

Old 09-18-2015, 04:15 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Fox says something different at the end for what Loretta Gerrand said, than what was posted above.

I am not here to make parenting decisions for people,” Uinta County Attorney Loretta Gerrard said. “What I hope people understand, however, is that some traditional parenting lore, wives tales or theories don’t apply in an age where we have refined products that accelerate the effect of chemicals on the human body.”

http://fox8.com/2015/09/16/teen-dies...-him-to-drink/

Refined products for a while now.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 09-18-2015 at 04:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime