Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 06:51 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
The pineapple, with Pasty and Burke's prints, also shows they all were awake and not asleep. I.e. there is no alibi for anyone.
How do you come to this conclusion? Burke's fingerprints were on the bowl. PR's were on the silver serving spoon. No scientific methods can determine the length of time for which a fingerprint lasts on an object.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:19 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
How do you come to this conclusion? Burke's fingerprints were on the bowl. PR's were on the silver serving spoon. No scientific methods can determine the length of time for which a fingerprint lasts on an object.
It just doesn't make sense imo, they ate pineapple before the party, left the bowl out, and Patsy denied them having pineapple. It does make sense that they were all awake, three (or more?) of them ate pineapple. However, that goes against the lie of everyone being asleep. In fact, it makes more sense to say "We all ate pineapple before we left our home". Why not say that? Even if it's a lie. Second, the Ramsey, according to their own account, never mention bringing pineapple to the party. They, or Patsy, said they brought them coffee.

s-jonbenet-timeline.htm

Old 08-29-2016, 09:33 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The housekeeper said that she found them in bed together, doing worse than just playing doctor and that Burke told her to go away.
I wouldn't expect JBs peditrician to be honest if he fell short as a mandated reporter of abuse.

LHP may have fabricated or at the least exaggerated stories about John and Patsy after being at the top of their list, but I don't see any motive to fabricate the account above about Burke and JonBenet.

John hired former FBI criminal profiler
John Douglas, he specialized in serial killers and sex offenders.
His book, "The Cases That Haunt Us", included his profile of JonBenets killer:

JonBenét was killed by a young, inexperienced criminal (e.g., the possible digital penetration of the girl's vagina was consistent with other young sex offenders motivated by a naive curiosity about female anatomy) who was sexually obsessed with the child or who wanted to extort money from her wealthy family.onBenét was killed by a young, inexperienced criminal (e.g., the possible digital penetration of the girl's vagina was consistent with other young sex offenders motivated by a naive curiosity about female anatomy) who was sexually obsessed with the child or who wanted to extort money from her wealthy family.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:35 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
Pineapple gives a timeline. There's no way she ate it at the party and it was still in her body. If she ate it at the party, it would have been expelled or in her large intestine. I also think the pineapple shows the Ramseys are lying. The pineapple can't be dismissed. It's physical evidence. We don't know if anyone got in, because the Ramseys refused to have security cameras.
Without a more precise time of death, whatever timeline the pineapple could provide is so vague as to be meaningless. She could've eaten it at the party and been killed at 11:00P. Or eaten it at 1:00A and killed at 5:00A. We just don't know; it's speculation.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:43 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
John hired former FBI criminal profiler
John Douglas, he specialized in serial killers and sex offenders.
His book, "The Cases That Haunt Us", included his profile of JonBenets killer:

JonBenét was killed by a young, inexperienced criminal (e.g., the possible digital penetration of the girl's vagina was consistent with other young sex offenders motivated by a naive curiosity about female anatomy) who was sexually obsessed with the child or who wanted to extort money from her wealthy family.onBenét was killed by a young, inexperienced criminal (e.g., the possible digital penetration of the girl's vagina was consistent with other young sex offenders motivated by a naive curiosity about female anatomy) who was sexually obsessed with the child or who wanted to extort money from her wealthy family.
Douglas was going to say whatever John Ramsey paid him to say. Much like Lou Smit did, I suspect.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If the pediatrician, who was a close family friend, didn't agree, it could be that he was just covering up for them.
As a mandated reporter, of course he would have reported sexual abuse. But there wasn't any. Another media spin to make the case appear more lurid than it was. And to try to point the finger at the parents attempting to cover up something.

Also, from what I recall, Linda Arndt stated that she overheard Dr. Meyer (coroner) say that he thought the child had been the victim of sexual abuse. (Good old Linda Arndt....the one who said she knew who the suspect was because she could see it in his eyes, or something to that effect.)

From another thread:

"Dr. Francis Beuf, the Ramseys' pediatrician, was later interviewed and... in regards to any evidence of sexual abuse, he stated that in all the times he had examined JonBenet, he had never seen any evidence of any such abuse. Other stories claimed that the 'vaginal abrasion' mentioned in the autopsy report suggested sexual abuse, however this conclusion is not supported by the balance of medical opinion. Dr. Thomas Henry, the Denver medical examiner states: 'From what is noted in the autopsy report, there is no evidence of injury to the anus, there is no evidence of injury to the skin around the vagina, the labia and there is no other indication of any healed scars in any of those areas. There is no other indication from the autopsy report at all that there is any other previous injuries that have healed in that particular area.' Unfortunately, the absence of physical evidence, in itself, is not conclusive, but statements given to the media..."

Quote:
From what I've read in various places, Prisiclla White was always concerned for Jon Benet. Early on, she had even given Patsy a book about girls to read because she was so concerned about how Patsy got Jon Benet dressed in a sexy manner and plastered with makeup, prancing around on the stage. She thought it was inappropriate and was worried about the effect it might have on Jon Benet.
Right, but she did not suspect sexual abuse. Her own daughter was not remotely interested in performing, singing, dressing up, etc. She was also not from the South, and did not understand some of Patsy's background, especially in regard to the beauty pageants.

Quote:
The Whites were their best friends and from all that I've read, they both were concerned and wanted the truth to come out. It was Fleet White who, when they all went to Atlanta for the funeral, became outraged when (Patsy's mother?) seemed to be more concerned about her expensive glassware...
If you read the transcripts, you can see that the Whites behaved rather strangely during the time they were in Atlanta for the funeral. They felt very uncomfortable as guests there. And both the media and the Boulder PD helped pit these two couples against each other, by suggesting that one member of the couple had suspected another, when it was not true. They admitted that they excused the lies because it was believed that they could force a confession.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:58 AM

The District Attorney's office hired Det. Lou Smit, who quit the case after 18 months due to a conflict of interest. He later worked on the case on his own.

From the CNN transcripts of Larry King's interview w/ Smit:

SMIT: Well, Larry, I really wasn't angry when I quit. I was -- when I quit, I believed that the law enforcement agency was going to probably indict John and Patsy Ramsey. That's not the way the case told me to go. I didn't want to be part of perhaps putting an innocent person in jail.

Since I left, I had been working the case more or less on my own. There are other people involved in looking at the intruder side of the story. I'm just not doing this myself. I have worked with the Ramsey investigators for the past 2 1/2 years.

KING: Have you been paid?

SMIT: No
. No, this is not a paid job. I'm doing it mainly because I do want to seek the truth in this case...

CNN.com - Transcripts

Old 08-30-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Douglas was going to say whatever John Ramsey paid him to say. Much like Lou Smit did, I suspect.
In my opin, could easily fit a member of Ramsey household with exception to criminal. Extortion was Patsy or Johns idea in the ranson note.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:14 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Well, maybe Santa was the culprit after all.

The more I read, the more confusing it gets. Just some random thoughts:

I did read that it doesn't matter what time she ate the pineapple because people digest things at different rates.

I did read that the medical people agreed that there had been sexual abuse. Not her own pediatrician though.

And what about the disclosure that the grand jury actually thought they were guilty of placing her in danger?

One of the very first things JR said was, It has to be an inside job. I can't remember if he named him but I think he was trying to pin it on Marvin Pugh, the housekeeper's drunken husband. He would have been an easy target--had a key, was a drunk, needed money--must have seemed like a slam dunk. When that didn't work, didn't he then start suggesting an intruder?

Investigators noted that John and Patsy seemed distant from each other, he in one room, she in another, neither clinging to the other or comforting the other. Some said that they seemed estranged, maybe even could be seen as heading toward divorce (if the murder hadn't occurred.)

Yet they stuck together and presented a united front--WHO were they trying to protect? I don't know.

(And if not WHO were they trying to protect then WHAT were they trying to protect? That they had done something to place her in harm's way?)

Old 08-30-2016, 11:25 AM

Remaining package of size 12 Bloomies under wear disappeared???

According to Jameson, Ramseys defense team have the package of Bloomies...

Big question...who took the bloomies from JBs drawer before LE could collect them for evidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime