Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 03:10 PM

23 posts, read 31,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
To add to this: Really, the only people that need to see the victim are the ones that are investigating the case. They have done that and I'm sure photographed all the juicy lurid details. To the general public, the only reason to want to see the victim is to satisfy some weird need to confirm something that is not our place to confirm or negate.
IMO the fact that people want to see photo evidence of the injuries speaks to how strange and unbelievable the whole story is. If the story were simpler and more straightforward, I doubt the general public would care to see these injuries with their own eyes.

Old 12-04-2016, 03:37 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,171,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Strange case indeed. And what is really strange is that a grown woman, supposedly intelligent, supposedly kidnapped for 30 days, being very vague with information. She should have had plenty of time to memorize most details in that time period and be a little more helpful to the police.
Also it was noted by the police information officer that usually men are the ones doing the kidnapping for slavery and rarely do they grab adult women.
Something just doesn't smell right in this case.
You ever heard of shock? Stressful situations impact intellectuals as well as simpletons the same.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:20 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Something is definitely off with the story. My bet is on the husband setting it up, maybe to teach the wife a lesson. His need to be in control and involved is pretty telling. Branding would be a good reminder to a wife who misbehaved and the cutting of hair fits too.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:21 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times

Old 12-04-2016, 06:16 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What transcripts?
What am I getting wrong?

I recall he got home from work and was expecting his family to greet him at his car. When they did't do that, he used the 'find my phone' app. He located her phone at the mailbox, and immediately went to that location.
That's not what you wrote earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Why did the husband immediately go to the mailbox when he located her phone there? Did he always do that? Did he arrive home from work, locate her with her phone, and then immediately go to where she was?

Doesn't that seem odd?
What he said in the interview was he got home and saw her car at home. Walked in expecting the usual kid running at him in joy to greet him.

Instead he walked into an empty house, but did not think that was odd because Sherri often times takes them outside to collect scrap book items such as pine cones and acorns. He looks around but does not see them. He then calls the day care to find out what time the kids were picked up...that's when he learned that they were still in day care. He then get's alarmed and uses is app to locate her phone. Makes perfect sense to me that he went immediately to where the phone was once he located it, but did not see her there either.

You can watch the 20/20 interview here.

About the phone looking "placed", there is suspicion that the abductors placed it there to throw of their tracks.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:33 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frigadoon View Post
IMO the fact that people want to see photo evidence of the injuries speaks to how strange and unbelievable the whole story is. If the story were simpler and more straightforward, I doubt the general public would care to see these injuries with their own eyes.
Exactly, their story is off to say the least.

But their 15 minutes is up, the Oakland fire has knocked them off the local news here in CA, as well as the national news.

Unless the police release information showing it was a hoax, the spotlight has moved on.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:50 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
^^^ Would be willing to bet they are happy that the spot light is off of them so that they can focus on healing and moving past this tragedy.

I would also be willing to bet there was never an intention of trying to gain any fame from this. That's just your harmful and unhealthy speculation talking.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:29 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
This woman and her husband are lying pieces of excrement. I see no proof whatsoever that such a kidnapping occurred; if anything like this did happen, I believe it was set-up.

I agree that this was a scam they made up to convince suckers to send them $. Scum-bags.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:52 PM

140 posts, read 139,946 times
I personally think these women did it to send a message. If you look back you'll see that it happened right before the election. And human traffickers aren't the type of people to just decide shes a liability and cut her lose on the side of the road. Not in their line of work. She would still be somewhere chained up, drugged up, or killed when they decided they didn't want her. The sad truth is that a lot of those in the Hispanic community feel betrayed by the public and they're ticked off that the U.S. finally wants to get its security in check. They're looking for someone to take out their rage on and I come to that conclusion because I see how they've reacted down in Texas. There's been a few fires started because they would go to rural communities in the middle of the night and light the trump posters on fire, which ofcourse caught some properties on fire too. That's not to mention all the slashed tires and broken windows for those with the stickers. And you don't have the kind of snooty liberals in small town Texas that would have the grapes to mess with people like that. Those ladies were probably angry with the political environment, saw a poster child for White America, and wanted to make an example of someone. You want see that theory on the news, because its not "politically correct", but I certainly don't buy this idea that they planned this to get money from the public. They seem very well-to-do and I doubt anyone would go through all that for a gofundme. Theres a world of possibilities though so im sure time will tell.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:24 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Why oh why would you promise a 4 & a 2 year old that????

Bizarre.
I agree. Seems really odd to promise the kids mommy would be home for Thanksgiving unless he knew for sure that was going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime